Alien: Romulus (2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Alien: Romulus (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The new Alien movie will move from Hulu to Theatrical and now has a release date of August 16, 2024.

I'm happy to see them explore this era. Play within the era of Alien films that was super popular but also do your own thing sort of like Rogue One which, while that was a prequel (technically), it was more it's own story set just before and leading into the events of A New Hope.

Also, "Alien" and "Aliens" were two completely different vibes. Alien was very Horror/Thriller while Cameron sort of came in and did what he also did to Terminator with T2: He created such a great Sci-fi Action film that both franchises have been trying to replicate both the quality and success of ever since. In a way, Cameron "ruined" those franchises with how good those movies were that he made.

What i'm excited about is, similar to what 20th Century did with Prey, it sounds like this will be a back to basics movie and try to take on more of the vibe of what Alien had. For anyone who has played Alien: Isolation, i'd love something that sort of goes along that route. For those that haven't played, it does sort of what this film is doing and takes place between the two movies (15 years after the events of Alien, but still 42 years before Aliens). The Alien canon isn't really clear outside of film but i'd love if they'd work in some of the great stuff from this game. You play as Amanda Ripley in the game.

HOLY HELL!! That looks so good & actually generally creeped me out! :cold_sweat: My body is ready (...wait.. I probably shouldn't say that when dealing with face-huggers)

My ONLY nitpick, is that it looks too shiny/glossy. I hope it relies on more practical effects than CGI.. other than that, the hype is real!

Oof... thats putting this movie in a tough spot. It looks great. Hopefully it can live up to the legacy of 1 & 2..

But again.. its sooo shiny/glossy.. it kinda gave me Dead Space/Event Horizon vibes. Can't wait!

It's Terrifying... haha
Oh I know. I stopped at the hospital :lmao:

But it wasn’t because it was scary. Tbh I don’t really know why I stopped. I just went over to other games. Now that I’ve quit Fortnite though I have a lot more playtime for other things so I’m moving through my backlog.