Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Upcoming Trip

Jun 18, 2012
Winston-Salem
Hello all! I am planning to be at USF and IOA come November 3rd and I am planning on bringing a camera to do some shootin' n stuff.

Would it be smarter to carry the camera with me all day or perhaps leave the camera in the car, do all the riding then come back for the camera? I'm not to sure what Universal's policy is for having cameras on rides. I know MIB, HRRR, and WWoHP have lockers but I dont want to spend a crapton of money on lockers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Hello all! I am planning to be at USF and IOA come November 3rd and I am planning on bringing a camera to do some shootin' n stuff.

Would it be smarter to carry the camera with me all day or perhaps leave the camera in the car, do all the riding then come back for the camera? I'm not to sure what Universal's policy is for having cameras on rides. I know MIB, HRRR, and WWoHP have lockers but I dont want to spend a crapton of money on lockers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

You cannot bring cameras on most of the rides, but there are free lockers at all of the attractions, so you can bring your camera and not spend a ton on lockers! :thumbs:

You cannot bring cameras on most of the rides, but there are free lockers at all of the attractions, so you can bring your camera and not spend a ton on lockers! :thumbs:

Oh! See you would think I know that since I've been going all my life I just normally have people to hold my stuff, I'll be at it alone this time. So I'm assuming rides like DM, Spider Man, Simpsons, etc... are ok to bring on? And all the rollercoaster/wet rides are not? I'd love to take it on JPRA but Im sure that's a no go and a not so smart move lol

Oh! See you would think I know that since I've been going all my life I just normally have people to hold my stuff, I'll be at it alone this time. So I'm assuming rides like DM, Spider Man, Simpsons, etc... are ok to bring on? And all the rollercoaster/wet rides are not? I'd love to take it on JPRA but Im sure that's a no go and a not so smart move lol

You can take it on JPRA. Dudley and Popeye I'd recommend against. :lol:

You can take it on JPRA. Dudley and Popeye I'd recommend against. :lol:

:lol: I'll take that into consideration! haha. I'll try and get a few shots on JPRA. Is it safe to just ask an employee if pic taking is ok? I know no flash photography but as it may I'd rather not have it taken or whatever consequences they would so choose to issue lol

I have a fanny pack and on most rides I just put it under my shirt
for water rides I have a 1 quart freezer bag with zipper all my stuff in fanny pack is in that bag.
In the pack i have camera,cell phone,some 2 for a dollar poncho's (i can throw them away once i use them and they are 9.00 ea in park)
Plus I have not had it rain on me as long as I bring poncho's

Do not take on HRRR last time i was in line at twister something slammed into fence there . I do not know if cell phone or camera but it was smashed.
Found a nice pair of sunglasses there also.

I have one of those Universal lanyards(blue half wallet thing) I put my ap/cash/drivers licence and car key in.
My finger would not scan one time and I left my ID in the car.
They let me in after telling them my home address.
The universal lanyard has a snap in the middle tie it up or replace with a stronger string.

Last edited:
I just dealt with this situation today. I just put my camera and bag in a locker before going on the rides an was grabbed it after, Only time I had to pay was $3.00 after going on FJ and DD since I went over the 25min they gave me

Well JPRA, Popeye, and Dudley do not provide free lockers, because you can carry it on your person. They have lockers yes, free, no. Popeye the thing in the middle should protect it well unless you get in boats with people i've been with that pack a model of the Eiffel Tower, their couch, and 17 days worth of lunch into one bag that makes it so big it keeps the thing open. I had water flood in once :/. What I do is put my must-stay-dry valuables in a Ziploc bag, then put that big in another bag.