What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Holidays 2017

I find it rather surprising, in the sense.

This, if I'm not mistaken; is the earliest that they have ever announced anything for the Holiday season, and that it's Potter that kicks it off, similar to when it was announced for Orlando.

I am curious to see if there is a potential re-branding that will be more similar to what is seen with Orlando's and that it won't just be prominent on Grinchmas anymore, as there is a lot that I could actually see in a good light. It just depends on how they're going to handle this year.

Either way, here's to hoping that Universal Hollywood finally gets a proper Grinch show, right guys! guys..?

Well, if it helps: Illumination is releasing their version of the Grinch in theaters November 2018, so I highly doubt if it's gone then it's gone forever.

As for the version that always existed up thru 2016... doesn't look good at the moment.

Does this mean that Grinchmas will also start in Nov? That puts A LOT more pressure on the HHN removal team.

Especially if they extend to 11/3 and 11/4 as they have in years past. I think Disney does a quicker turnaround for Halloween/Christmas in WDW if I'm not mistaken.

Especially if they extend to 11/3 and 11/4 as they have in years past. I think Disney does a quicker turnaround for Halloween/Christmas in WDW if I'm not mistaken.
They've done that switch at MK overnight before, but normally it comes down to about 3-5 days. Crews roll in the second the park closes and are out till the first guests enter the park. There's a video of it on YouTube somewhere. It's really is interesting to watch.

Naturally Disney has a quick turnaround. Changing decorations is much less tedious than removing a handful of houses. In Hollywood mazes are out in the open in attraction extended queues. Those are what make the USH removal effort much more difficult than Orlando (where they're all backstage and can sit a little longer). They want all visible signs of HHN within USH gone by late Nov. and that includes the houses, It's no small task.

I think Potter Christmas will be the one to start first, but from what I hear, USH may just focus on that this year with general decor elsewhere. (with no Grinch)

I can't believe it either, and I wonder if that's really going to happen. I mean, it has to be back next year due to the Illumination film but if it's going to take a year off... well, might as well be this year when you can advertise the hell out of Potter at Xmas.

I've been hearing rumors that they are wanting to move away from Grinchmas and transition to.... Minion Christmas.... I REALLY hope that the rumor is wrong or they decide not to because that just seems awful.

I've been hearing rumors that they are wanting to move away from Grinchmas and transition to.... Minion Christmas.... I REALLY hope that the rumor is wrong or they decide not to because that just seems awful.

Wasn't there a rumor that Osaka will be doing this, and that they'll be using Projection Mapping across their New York Street to have the Minions take over?

With the new movie, I wonder if they will completely redo Grinchmas to match it, or will stick with the Jim Carrey version? While the base story and characters are largely the same, there will be style differences.

With the new movie, I wonder if they will completely redo Grinchmas to match it, or will stick with the Jim Carrey version? While the base story and characters are largely the same, there will be style differences.
I think that all depends on the success of this new adaptation.