USH Preferred Hotels | Inside Universal Forums

USH Preferred Hotels

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn’t the same play that UOR did when Hogsmeade opened? I am not sure they do it any longer...

It seems that Universal Orlando does something similar, but under "Partner Hotels".

Either way, while I am still dissapointed that they are still on their laurels for a hotel on-property, it is a good call to go the Osaka-method of having external hotels to help get more people in, and that I imagine we'll see a proper On-Site hotel eventually (whether it'd be like Osaka's hotels, is the question).

What is the closest hotel to USH? Hilton or Sheraton? And are either of them walking distance to the gate?

What is the closest hotel to USH? Hilton or Sheraton? And are either of them walking distance to the gate?

Both the Hilton and Sheraton connect with each-other, by a set of elevators. Furthermore, you would likely have shuttle that can take you quickly to the park. That said, if you don't want to wait for Shuttle, there are two options.

The first, if you are walking from Sheraton, is to go to the elevator's connecting that and Hilton, then to walk to the entrance of the Hilton facing Universal Hollywood Drive. From there, there are two ways you can do.

One, is crossing over Universal Hollywood Drive at the 4 way right next to Frankenstein Parking/Valet, and the other is taking a pedestrian bridge next to an overflow lot of the Hilton (which is as a potential lot of expansion for Hilton). Crossing the 4 way is about .28 miles (1,487 feet to park), and the pedestrian bridge is the similar amount of miles, with only the feet off by about 4 feet off from each-other.

Once again, Shuttle is optional if you don't want to go through the efforts of walking from there to Universal and vice versa.

If you want the closest, it's the Hilton.