USH | Inside Universal Forums

USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

Ok. First off. Universal Studios Hollywood is a very unique park. What makes Universal so unique to you?

From a 1-10 (1 being worst of bad, 10 being best of all), what would you rate Citywalk?

I would like to see interesting answers!

Last edited:
To address your first question, I think we have a thread that covers a similar topic here: http://www.ushforums.com/index.php?/topic/4-whats-your-favorite-aspect-regarding-universal-studios-hollywood/As for Citywalk - it's fine. Out of the three that exist, we (and I say this not as a Hollywood fan) probably have the best. It's the perfect combination of size and layout that makes it very appealing. Florida feels very spread out, while Japan's variant feels way too constrained and thin.
I know. I was going to delete this topic because i had 2 of the same topic. I didn't know how to delete a topic. So i had to do this last minute. :p

I'd give CityWalk a high number myself. It's great at USH - much better than DTD on either coast or UO's CityWalk. I love the amount of dining options to choose from, a nice movie theater, good shops, etc. 

It would be a 10 for me!  I personally prefer Citywalk over DTD at Disneyland.  Haven't been to any other Citywalk locations, and the other places I've been to that are similar to Citywalk just aren't as good in my opinion.  I like that Citywalk has so much energy and that there seems to be so much to do there.  I also like how there are multiple levels and how it's all sort of contained together so it feels sort of cozy (if that makes any sense).

How do people feel about Downtown Disney in general? I know some people prefer its more calming ambiance, but I've never personally liked their locations.

Then again, CityWalk - especially our version - has always been very loud and abrasive.

Last edited by a moderator:
WDW's Downtown Disney is good with its variety of restaurants, World of Disney, random Disney shops, AMC 24, DisneyQuest, and now Splitsville. Downtown Disney out here is definitely quieter than Florida's or USH's CityWalk, and it can be nice to stroll through at night, but the shopping, dining, and a lack of other things to do is a problem (as is the parking situation). Food-wise, I personally only enjoy La Brea Bakery and Earl of Sandwich. And like Bob Dylan said, the shopping is really bizarre there. They've got some work to do if they want to make it more of a big-time shopping/dining destination. I never feel a need to go there unless I'm at Disneyland, while I could see myself stopping by USH's CityWalk a lot if I lived nearby (just as I hit up UO's CityWalk often when I lived in Orlando). 

Reactions: Jon Fu
Is Disney World's Downtown Disney spread out or connected to any specific park? I remember visiting Florida, and Downtown Disney seemed to be isolated from the rest of Disney's properties.

One last thing - we have Tommy's, so there's that. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Disney World's Downtown Disney spread out or connected to any specific park? I remember visiting Florida, and Downtown Disney seemed to be isolated from the rest of Disney's properties.
One last thing - we have Tommy's, so there's that. LOL.
DTD in FL is quite far from the parks. You'd have to drive, take a bus from the resorts, or use the water taxi service from neighboring resorts to get there. It's nice in the sense that they have a ton of land to work with, and the complex is pretty massive. However, I enjoy the CityWalks (and DL's DTD) that are connected to the parks, as it makes hopping out to relax and sit down for a nice meal much easier. Going from a park to DTD in FL takes up quite some time!

And yeah, anything with a Tommy's always wins, haha.  B)

Reactions: Jon Fu