Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any recent updates on how this has affected Minion Mayhem’s wait times? Hoping it’s spread crowds out a bit.

Pretty significant, it used to average 45-60, but it's been averaging 30 recently. (Edit: it is HHN season, but if you look at data in Thrill-Data back in August waits for it dropped once Villains opened)

Last edited:
I've been monitoring Villain Con line times for the past few weeks. Generally, according to Touring Plans posted and actual stand by times, it's usually around the lowest line times at either park. That's kind of rare for a brand new attraction. Guess it's not all that popular. That might keep them from building any more similar attractions at their other parks....and DM almost always has much longer waits than Villain Con now.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I've been monitoring Villain Con line times for the past few weeks. Generally, according to Touring Plans posted and actual stand by times, it's usually around the lowest line times at either park. That's kind of rare for a brand new attraction. Guess it's not all that popular. That might keep them from building any more similar attractions at their other parks....and DM almost always has much longer waits than Villain Con now.

It's tough to use that metric as a barometer as Villain Con has better hourly capacity than Mayhem.

Since Villain Con seemingly has really great capacity, that isn't all that surprising. The real metric that interests me is if the wait times for Minion Mayhem have been lower since the new ride opened.

LOVED Villain Con. It's an entertaining, FUN attraction. That entire Minion area, restaurant etc., adds a lot to the park. It's colorful and interesting. For a low budget attraction, Villain Con delivers. Alene and I did it eight times. The first was Saturday, a busy crowd day (Level 7 Touring Plans). The posted wait was 25 minutes, but the actual wait was less than 10 minutes, in mid afternoon. I scanned the queue and counted apx. 100 people in line. The first time through, it's a bit confusing on targets because the line moved too fast to read the one and only target scoring explanation sign. They really need another in the building itself. But we still had lots of fun, though we were wasting shots on minions, which are real low point targets. Alene absolutely loved it. We both like Midway Mania at DHS, but we thought this is even more fun than that. Cool to have the guns. On Sunday, Alene insisted we do it again. Another 25 minute listing in mid afternoon, but only about 100 people in line again, so we were on the ride in about 10 minutes. This time we stopped at the scoring sign to read it, and let the people behind us pass. Turns out we were shooting at all the wrong, low scoring, targets first time. From this time on I always got 500,000 plus scores, and Alene, who doesn't get high scores on shooters, got 2000,00 and 300,000 plus every time through. On Tuesday Alene again demanded we do it. She said it's one of her fav rides. Mid afternoon and no queue line. We did it three times in 30 minutes. On Thursday, a bigger crowd day in the park, Alene again lobbied to ride. No queue line again in mid afternoon. And again we did it three times in half an hour. Bottom line, this is a very much FUN attraction. The only negative is the lack of significant simplified scoring signage, so people might be initially confused during their first run through......This is a huge queue, even longer than when it was Shrek. So I'd guess Universal expected larger crowds. It seems to be fairly high capacity, but it's not so high that the queue should be empty mid afternoon. So I don't understand why it's not more popular. Heck, it's one of the most FUN attractions in either park. Thumbs up to Universal Creative for putting together such an entertaining attraction on a small budget....One of the highlights of our vacation.

This is a huge queue, even longer than when it was Shrek. So I'd guess Universal expected larger crowds. It seems to be fairly high capacity, but it's not so high that the queue should be empty mid afternoon. So I don't understand why it's not more popular. Heck, it's one of the most FUN attractions in either park. Thumbs up to Universal Creative for putting together such an entertaining attraction on a small budget....One of the highlights of our vacation.
I agree I loved it, but my kids prefer the other minion ride more. I was surprised, so maybe it doesn't appeal to as many people? I was shocked my kids didn't like it more.

I agree I loved it, but my kids prefer the other minion ride more. I was surprised, so maybe it doesn't appeal to as many people? I was shocked my kids didn't like it more.
Yeah, I was honestly surprised by how little my sister and I liked it (we’re both Minionheads, as the kids say). Glad others are enjoying it, though!