Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I would rather keep the soundstage look rather than trying to paint the building gray or blue. It’s no secret that there are two massive warehouses right when you enter the park, I would rather make their presence known than try to poorly disguise them as something else

maybe they will repaint all of our stages to match the Hollywood ones?

If we’re keeping the soundstages, make more “movie” themed attractions. This part of the park, in 2022, could be soooo much more.

Reactions: Jwhee
Personally, I would rather keep the soundstage look rather than trying to paint the building gray or blue. It’s no secret that there are two massive warehouses right when you enter the park, I would rather make their presence known than try to poorly disguise them as something else

maybe they will repaint all of our stages to match the Hollywood ones?
The look of them is so poor though. I mean, maybe keep the soundstage look, but the color scheme needs to be updated at the very least.

Also, the look doesn't have to be done. It could be a take on the Disneyland Paris Arcade. It would obviously be much taller, etc. I'm not calling for the same exact thing, but it CAN be well themed if they tried. Both of those buildings on either side of the DLP arcade are giant warehouses.
1667332374858.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
I like how Fallon blends with NY

Was hoping for something like what they did in USJ

maxresdefault.jpg

In this you can see that the Minions building is just painted grey with a giant G on the side

universal-studios-japan-66.jpg

I like how Fallon blends with NY

Was hoping for something like what they did in USJ

maxresdefault.jpg

In this you can see that the Minions building is just painted grey with a giant G on the side

universal-studios-japan-66.jpg
Something like this would be MUCH better than what is currently there. Still not my preferred way that they go for an entrance redo, but my wish will never happen and this would probably be the second best thing.

Something like this would be MUCH better than what is currently there. Still not my preferred way that they go for an entrance redo, but my wish will never happen and this would probably be the second best thing.
I love Universal, but I hate how certain projects get their budgets spread so thin sometimes or at least come across that way

I would assume a "mini-land" would come with a new look for the area

Universal is just super inconsistent with their in-house properties

It sucks, cause Fallon's stage got a pretty nice facade IMO

May not be worth looking into as much, but media is seemingly present at USF right now; with Minions in place.

Maybe an announcement is coming soon. In a recent construction video the beefed up archway is coming along nicely and these black things have gone up where the old Shrek boards used to be for the new Villain Con signage. Looks like to me the attraction is pretty far along. We could see this soft open March-April.

Any chance at a Jan opening? Working on a trip probably at the end of the month, would be a nice bonus if this was open.

Who is the maker for this ride/attraction? Triotech has some really interesting looking walkthrough attraction displays at IAAPA. I didn't know if they are doing Minions or not and couldn't ever find the manufacturer in this thread.

Reactions: shiekra38
Who is the maker for this ride/attraction? Triotech has some really interesting looking walkthrough attraction displays at IAAPA. I didn't know if they are doing Minions or not and couldn't ever find the manufacturer in this thread.

I think @Alicia mentioned the manufacturer in her latest video about this attraction. Now going back to the video Glidepath Unlimited was said to be the one installing equipment.

I think @Alicia mentioned the manufacturer in her latest video about this attraction. Now going back to the video Glidepath Unlimited was said to be the one installing equipment.

That would be the belt company, but the interactive elements would be someone else. My understanding is guests pick up a device before the belt to use throughout the attraction.

Isn't Holovis who is doing Minions? by "is doing" I mean, the media components.

Ironically, they are also at IAAPA

We know Glidepath is doing the moving belt, correct.

We also know Holovis has been contracted for audio/visual work. They specialize in screens, projection mapping, and even interactive media, but we still don’t know for sure who is behind the interactive elements for this for sure.