Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate that idea. If the ride is fun the store will sell enough merch to get a huge return on investment and everyone can experience the ride in the same way including leader board. I call it a Di$ney thing and Universal better doesn't movie to that garbage pile.
Oh I suspect Power Up Bands are just the beginning…

Theory time. What if you can only sync a blaster if you buy a specialty blaster from the Villain-Con gift shop. It’s paired to the app exactly same way a Power-Up Band. And would be the only way to track your scores and be in the leaderboard. Your device would be paired once and then automatically updates score after each ride same as SNW attractions, but also means no extra time is needed to spend pairing a device to an app while about to board a moving pathway.

Also explains why graphic in app shows a replica of Vector’s blaster. Perhaps you can buy one based on every villain from all movies, which explains why their silhouettes are on the poster but not the actual ride (which only features the Vicious 6)?

But that’s just a theory.
If that theory is true is think that is kind of dumb. Everyone should have access to the scoreboard regardless of what blaster they have. Any blaster you buy from the gift shop should be a upgrade that lets you score more points and unlocks new abilities.

Theory time. What if you can only sync a blaster if you buy a specialty blaster from the Villain-Con gift shop. It’s paired to the app exactly same way a Power-Up Band. And would be the only way to track your scores and be in the leaderboard. Your device would be paired once and then automatically updates score after each ride same as SNW attractions, but also means no extra time is needed to spend pairing a device to an app while about to board a moving pathway.

Also explains why graphic in app shows a replica of Vector’s blaster. Perhaps you can buy one based on every villain from all movies, which explains why their silhouettes are on the poster but not the actual ride (which only features the Vicious 6)?

But that’s just a theory.

The production costs of the guns are so high that if one tries to walk off it could be felony theft. So unless you've heard confirmation they will be selling them/have a cheaper one available, I just don't see how it'll happen.

It would be lovely if they integrated some shooting stops around Minion’s cafe. I have a hard timing believing they would make wand stops down the entrance corridor of the park though.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Oh I suspect Power Up Bands are just the beginning…
The wand and power bands I see different. The wand is a collectible with a function, everyone can watch it and enjoy it. The power band I see as a peripheral for your Nintendo Switch to collect point. Everyone can ride Mario Cart and be on the leaderboard. The gaming throughout the land is like the wand so I'm fine with that.
I would also be fine if people can buy a fart-gun and use that instead of the gun they are giving you at the ride but it shouldn't give you extra points like on webslingers where you get 3 webs at a time instead of one (pay to win).
I know Alicia is just throwing this idea around and I'm sure Universal does too but it's a thin line they walk.

The wand and power bands I see different. The wand is a collectible with a function, everyone can watch it and enjoy it. The power band I see as a peripheral for your Nintendo Switch to collect point. Everyone can ride Mario Cart and be on the leaderboard. The gaming throughout the land is like the wand so I'm fine with that.
I would also be fine if people can buy a fart-gun and use that instead of the gun they are giving you at the ride but it shouldn't give you extra points like on webslingers where you get 3 webs at a time instead of one (pay to win).
I know Alicia is just throwing this idea around and I'm sure Universal does too but it's a thin line they walk.
I’m not in theory disagreeing with you. I just see these things to enhance an attraction or land being a permanent staple. Enough kids will beg their parents for these type of things that it is a cash cow for the company. I think focusing on one genuis item rather than really putting deep effort into a store is Universal’s bread and butter right with between wands and Power Up Bands. They’re good at designing these things.

No shot I pay for a blaster tho lol

The production costs of the guns are so high that if one tries to walk off it could be felony theft. So unless you've heard confirmation they will be selling them/have a cheaper one available, I just don't see how it'll happen.
I have not heard anything about them selling any.

But the time between blaster pickup and the moving pathways is microscopic. No clue how guests could possibly have time to sync it to a smartphone. It would be like syncing your gun at MiB between load and scene 1.

Reactions: Darko
I have not heard anything about them selling any.

But the time between blaster pickup and the moving pathways is microscopic. No clue how guests could possibly have time to sync it to a smartphone. It would be like syncing your gun at MiB between load and scene 1.
Maybe something more like a power up band u can just tap on the blaster when you get it?

Maybe the upgrade the blaster you can buy a cartridge like item can attach it to the blaster

Or they tell you the whole time you’re in the queue how to set up the app and turn on Bluetooth so you just tap your phone the second you get the blaster I guess.
It would make a lot more sense if they could go something akin to a Magic Band where it syncs to your account ahead of time and you just use an NFC tap when you get the gun.

Having watched my parents try to sync a bluetooth speaker, I can't even imagine them trying to figure out the app sync with bluetooth.

Simple solution is to expand the Official Universal Orlando App with a Villain 6 page. Your score on a screen at the end of the ride can be copied into the app with a QR code.
Would be cool if at the beginning of the ride a camera will transform your image into a villain and place it next to your score in the app (if you are okay with privacy stuff).

If it becomes like a pay to win mobile game if you want to compete, as some of the theories suggest, I see us doing it “free to play” once a day during a visit and continuing to ride MIB 6+ times in a row each day (with express, of course).

Reactions: tielo
If it becomes like a pay to win mobile game if you want to compete, as some of the theories suggest, I see us doing it “free to play” once a day during a visit and continuing to ride MIB 6+ times in a row each day (with express, of course).
What? No. I was wondering if they’d do like Web Slingers and sell special blasters that allow you to use different weapons that match your favorite villain. Just like you can buy an Iron Man blaster for Web Slingers to use on the ride.

not based on a rumor, just wondering out loud.