Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm actually looking forward to this. We go down early June, and at first this sounded like a complete carnival-level ride, but now I really want to try it out!

And a Minion burger where the cheese is a Minion... :shrug:

Reactions: Nico and salismetho
Man, if you were here during the construction thread of Transformers, what a full circle moment.
Yes, that was all the way UNTIL they themed the building. People were worried when they assumed the building would go unthemed or be tackily themed like it's Hollywood counterpart.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
From the get-go Transformers should’ve had NY facades around it. I think it’ll look extremely goofy if they just paint it blue and call it a day…

What they should do with this building and the un-themed side of Fallon facing Rockit, is paint a sound stage number on it and call it a day.

There’s no point in trying to act like these gigantic warehouses aren’t there.

From the get-go Transformers should’ve had NY facades around it. I think it’ll look extremely goofy if they just paint it blue and call it a day…

What they should do with this building and the un-themed side of Fallon facing Rockit, is paint a sound stage number on it and call it a day.

There’s no point in trying to act like these gigantic warehouses aren’t there.
Weird feeling to be nostalgic for the soundtage numbers. Really wish newer builds had them.

Love the re-theming on that side! Slap some clouds on it and it's perfect!
And I love to see a different color from Yellowmination Boulevard.
Now do the New York side. That gray cube can die if it was up to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
The Transformer building being military base themed is better than if it just had a generic Soundstage color/number on it. I do like they are painting the Minions side of it, but is weird.

It's going to look weird anyway, whether they themed the Minions facing side or not.

Yes, that was all the way UNTIL they themed the building. People were worried when they assumed the building would go unthemed or be tackily themed like it's Hollywood counterpart.

Im sure there was people who felt that way, but there were also people who hated everything about it because of sightlines. How a “military building” was plopped into the park.

But also - history shows we should wait before making any real opinion on it.

True, and I was only going on my first impression, but that's a large wall so they better be doing more than just painting it blue with a Minion over the NEST logo. There's a lot of space to do stuff with if they are going to do this.

Im sure there was people who felt that way, but there were also people who hated everything about it because of sightlines. How a “military building” was plopped into the park.

Yes, I remember those forum discussions well. There was a lot of hate expressed for that building. Myself, I liked it and especially loved the grand opening war scenario they staged.

While I am normally all in favor of Universal making more immersive lands, on first glance, it feels like a force. But with the Cafe and this background I can see the possible cohesion here. Wait and see moment

The leaked concept art that was on twitter not too long ago did indeed show the Transformers building as a solid blue color. Thought maybe it was just them omitting unnecessary details, but looks like it might be accurate now.

• Love
Reactions: tielo and Coolbfitz