Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

I'm saying that I would change the entire facade if I had the choice, but what's done is done so no point in me getting worked up over it.
I (obviously) don’t understand this logic at all - what point is there to discussing anything about Universal, positive or negative? Or Disney? Of course, we are told that Uni reads these forums (it’s an article of absolute faith in HHN threads) so negative opinions may actually register somewhere, however minutely.

I’m sorry to rant at you, you’re a great poster. It’s just that, silly as it may sound to some, I think theme parks are genuine works of art and vital cultural artifacts worthy of serious discussion (on a discussion board, for instance) and academic analysis. That’s not a niche view in relation to Disney parks, but it hasn’t extended meaningfully to other theme parks. So when there seems to be a concerted effort to shut off actual critical discussion of Uni lest it become too critical, it grates a bit.

Few folks on social media seem to be saying Team Member testing for Minion Blast starts tomorrow.

I do not expect anyone to talk about it online, or share pics/videos, but is encouraging that testing seems to be happening outside of commissioning team.
If it's happening, it's happening in an unusually quiet way of testing since nothing is up on UOTeam unless they just plan on springing it on TMs. It's possible they let people know inside of the attractions division that a form of softs will be happening, potentially paid softs?

This would not be unheard of. SeaWorld just did paid softs for their Surf coaster and Universal has done them in the past for VB, but that's all I know of for sure. This is just me trying to theorize what they would be doing for a soft tomorrow.

If it's happening, it's happening in an unusually quiet way of testing since nothing is up on UOTeam unless they just plan on springing it on TMs. It's possible they let people know inside of the attractions division that a form of softs will be happening, potentially paid softs?

This would not be unheard of. SeaWorld just did paid softs for their Surf coaster and Universal has done them in the past for VB, but that's all I know of for sure. This is just me trying to theorize what they would be doing for a soft tomorrow.
The key word here is testing. Not previews.

Few folks on social media seem to be saying Team Member testing for Minion Blast starts tomorrow.

I do not expect anyone to talk about it online, or share pics/videos, but is encouraging that testing seems to be happening outside of commissioning team.
Hope this is a “We are getting more confident on the system, let’s try it out!” And not a “Let’s see how sheit it is and how much more work we have left to do”

It sounds like the ride is working now, so this is play testing. Last I heard it needs a bit more game play tuning.

I (obviously) don’t understand this logic at all - what point is there to discussing anything about Universal, positive or negative? Or Disney? Of course, we are told that Uni reads these forums (it’s an article of absolute faith in HHN threads) so negative opinions may actually register somewhere, however minutely.

I’m sorry to rant at you, you’re a great poster. It’s just that, silly as it may sound to some, I think theme parks are genuine works of art and vital cultural artifacts worthy of serious discussion (on a discussion board, for instance) and academic analysis. That’s not a niche view in relation to Disney parks, but it hasn’t extended meaningfully to other theme parks. So when there seems to be a concerted effort to shut off actual critical discussion of Uni lest it become too critical, it grates a bit.
Casper, please.

You can be critical, but there's a point where being "critical" just comes off as you being combative and looking for something to argue about. No one is shutting down discussion. I have my opinion of the theming of the facade of this attraction. Universal knows what it is by now for every single one of us. Repeating about it over and over again is not going to change anything and it just makes you seem like a complainer.

Please try to be less argumentative on this topic. I don't want to be rude and tell you to touch grass, but at the same time... just chill out a bit. Not everything is that serious. At the end of the day it's a theme park discussion forum. Please don't take this as me saying you aren't allowed to be critical either. Just chill a bit. Maybe sometimes take a second a think before you post... sometimes we'd be better off if we didn't hit that post button.

Exactly.

This is probably also about full capacity reliability testing. But I’m hoping they’ve made/will make improvements to game play.
As far as "full capacity reliability testing", I never really thought about it, but there's going to be a LOT of people all firing at the same area at the same time. It's gotta be tough to work the system so it actually registers your correct score and not someone else's lol

It sounds like the ride is working now, so this is play testing. Last I heard it needs a bit more game play tuning.
At this point this feels like it will open in July for softs, and fully open in August. August tends to be a slower time for the parks while July tends to be slammed, so there’s no need to rush.

Again I hope this thing is great, but my expectations are low-ish, but the fact they’re having issues is oddly encouraging. I figured this thing would be immensely simple to operate but it seems there is more here than expected!

At this point this feels like it will open in July for softs, and fully open in August. August tends to be a slower time for the parks while July tends to be slammed, so there’s no need to rush.

Again I hope this thing is great, but my expectations are low-ish, but the fact they’re having issues is oddly encouraging. I figured this thing would be immensely simple to operate but it seems there is more here than expected!

I’ve heard July opening tossed around a few months ago.

Did I miss this Minion Land sign?? When did that go up?

Couple of weeks ago.

Couple of weeks ago.

Ahh, when I was in Europe! I’m very behind :lmao:

Agreed that it's somewhat encouraging!

Does anyone know what’s causing the delay? A couple of months back we were all discussing how this would be a ‘quick, easy switch into other Universal parks if successful’ and now it’s having issues? I imagine it’s the shooting tech because if the moving walkway is the issue then that’s a bigger problem!