Disney Adventure World Overhaul | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
EDIT 2: Also Web Slingers still goes to the Tivan collection despite it not existing within the park.
The ridiculous thing is this is an overnight fix if they really want it to be. They just won't try because Scott Drake apparently couldn't keep his eye's open long enough while heading this project to realize that WEB Slingers at DCA was designed to match up with THEIR version of Avengers Campus. The same should be done for any and all others.

Cool to know the park still sucks.
Tbh the fact that all they were doing was retheming RNRC meant that this area wasn’t going to move the needle much after we found out Web Slingers sucks. Retheming RNRC only will do so much for you because at the end of the day, it's still the same old 45 second ride following the same track layout as it has ever since the coaster first opened in Paris. The additions of Frozen and Star Wars will be far more consequential in improving the park's quality.

I do find it a bit ridiculous that Disney now has created two versions of Avengers Campus and around the world, they have six Marvel rides. Out of those six, only Cosmic Rewind and Web Slingers are 100% custom creations. The other four - GotG: Mission Breakout, Avengers Assemble: Flight Force, Iron Man Experience, and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle are all rethemes of existing rides.

In the case of Flight Force (formerly RNRC) and Nano Battle (formerly Space Ranger Spin), there's no changes to the prior ride itself except theming. As for Iron Man Experience (new to HKDL, but uses same ride system as Star Tours) and Mission Breakout (formerly ToT), the ride profiles were changed, and thematic elements were changed, so the overhaul was a bit more noticeable. You wouldn't know that Marvel is their marquee IP by the way Disney is treating it in their parks.

They do need to make this park respectable eventually as they are legally required to build a third park to fulfill the crazy things Eisner agreed to back in the 90's. Iger was good at getting the French government to work with Disney since they are still improving WDSP and moving back when they have to build it by, we'll see how much time Chapek can buy.

The ridiculous thing is this is an overnight fix if they really want it to be. They just won't try because Scott Drake apparently couldn't keep his eye's open long enough while heading this project to realize that WEB Slingers at DCA was designed to match up with THEIR version of Avengers Campus. The same should be done for any and all others.

Tbh the fact that all they were doing was retheming RNRC meant that this area wasn’t going to move the needle much after we found out Web Slingers sucks. Retheming RNRC only will do so much for you because at the end of the day, it's still the same old 45 second ride following the same track layout as it has ever since the coaster first opened in Paris. The additions of Frozen and Star Wars will be far more consequential in improving the park's quality.

I do find it a bit ridiculous that Disney now has created two versions of Avengers Campus and around the world, they have six Marvel rides. Out of those six, only Cosmic Rewind and Web Slingers are 100% custom creations. The other four - GotG: Mission Breakout, Avengers Assemble: Flight Force, Iron Man Experience, and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle are all rethemes of existing rides.

In the case of Flight Force (formerly RNRC) and Nano Battle (formerly Space Ranger Spin), there's no changes to the prior ride itself except theming. As for Iron Man Experience (formerly Star Tours) and Mission Breakout (formerly ToT), the ride profiles were changed, and thematic elements were changed, so the overhaul was a bit more noticeable. You wouldn't know that Marvel is their marquee IP by the way Disney is treating it in their parks.

They do need to make this park respectable eventually as they are legally required to build a third park to fulfill the crazy things Eisner agreed to back in the 90's. Iger was good at getting the French government to work with Disney since they are still improving WDSP and moving back when they have to build it by, we'll see how much time Chapek can buy.

Iron Man Experience was not a retheme of Star Tours. It was built from the ground up.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Iron Man Experience was not a retheme of Star Tours. It was built from the ground up.
Yeah, I just fixed that right before you responded as I realized that. I forgot it was brand new to Tomorrowland, but nevertheless, it still uses the same ride system as Star Tours, only reprogramed, so my point still stands.

So there's a M&G with Thor that sort of incorporates the same basic element that The Sword in the Stone does out of the rock in Fantasyland, but with Mjölnir. There's a lot of French spoken, but the bits of English I caught was something like "..you shall possess, for a limited time only, the power of Thor!". Kinda cool little side thing to have as part of the land (of course charter interactions have always been a strong suit of Avengers Campus in the DCA version as well).

Reactions: belloq87
So there's a M&G with Thor that sort of incorporates the same basic element that The Sword in the Stone does out of the rock in Fantasyland, but with Mjölnir. There's a lot of French spoken, but the bits of English I caught was something like "..you shall possess, for a limited time only, the power of Thor!". Kinda cool little side thing to have as part of the land (of course charter interactions have always been a strong suit of Avengers Campus in the DCA version as well).

Thanks for posting the French version of the ending of Thor: Love and Thunder.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick
So while it may not be a masterpiece, Avengers Campus Paris does it's job well enough simply by fixing the obvious lack of budget the park had to work with when it was being built and changes the former backlot from looking ugly, dated, and barebones into a land that is sleek, cohesive, and transforms at night.

If this was the only thing coming to WDSP, this would be a disappointment, but there's still a Frozen Land (construction underway), Star Wars (possibly only RotR and the village area?), a new lagoon for a nighttime show, another ride out by the lagoon (thought to be a carousel) and an E-ticket still planned for Avengers Campus (according to Martin over on Magic).

de8dd180-f193-40fe-8487-966fc078867e-jpeg.652242

If this was the only thing coming to WDSP, this would be a disappointment, but there's still a Frozen Land (construction underway), Star Wars (possibly only RotR and the village area?), a new lagoon for a nighttime show, another ride out by the lagoon (thought to be a carousel) and an E-ticket still planned for Avengers Campus (according to Martin over on Magic).

Assuming all of that does get built as intended, the park will be dramatically improved.

The proposed lagoon kind of looks like it will function as a mini World Showcase with Frozen and Galaxy's Edge instead of countries, and I think that has the chance of adding some desperately needed natural foliage and water to an otherwise pretty industrial park.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Nick
Assuming all of that does get built as intended, the park will be dramatically improved.

The proposed lagoon kind of looks like it will function as a mini World Showcase with Frozen and Galaxy's Edge instead of countries, and I think that has the chance of adding some desperately needed natural foliage and water to an otherwise pretty industrial park.
I think the goal is to try and have Frozen done in time for the 2024 Olympics at the very least, although from the last i've seen, they are only at the very early stages of construction so knowing Disney construction times, Summer 2024 would probably be really pushing it.

I was going to say overall this Avengers Campus looks more cohesive than the DCA version. But other than that they were just overlaying an existing land.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I was going to say overall this Avengers Campus looks more cohesive than the DCA version. But other than that they were just overlaying an existing land.
I do think by it mostly being an overlay probably helped not only get this done pretty fast, but they probably didn't have to spend a ton on the land. Pretty much nothing was a new build and much like how Web Slingers replaced It's Touch To Be a Bug in California, I think it took over the same building as Armageddon used in Paris, meaning they were able to save on costs while improving this area in a big way still, even if only from an aesthetic standpoint. All the restaurants and everything just received massive refurbishments essentially.

RNRC/Flight Force are the same ride and the queue is much improved but I think at best the ride experience is a wash (i'd call it a lesser ride simply because it's almost all in the dark with very little happening). Web Slingers is at least another ride (and a unique one) in a park that didn't have any shooter rides before.

Oh, and they also didn't tear down the Lights, Motors, Action theater at all, saving demolition costs. The space where LMA still stands is just to the right of Flight Force when looking at the attraction and that is the spot that is marked for another Marvel attraction eventually.

The reason why DCA's Campus doesn't feel as cohesive is because Mission Breakout is pretty much outside the borders of the land and the exterior of MB doesn't match the exteriors of the rest of Avengers Campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover
The proposed lagoon kind of looks like it will function as a mini World Showcase with Frozen and Galaxy's Edge instead of countries

Very good way of looking at it, 100% agree.

I do think by it mostly being an overlay probably helped not only get this done pretty fast, but they probably didn't have to spend a ton on the land. Pretty much nothing was a new build and much like how Web Slingers replaced It's Touch To Be a Bug in California, I think it took over the same building as Armageddon used in Paris, meaning they were able to save on costs while improving this area in a big way still, even if only from an aesthetic standpoint. All the restaurants and everything just received massive refurbishments essentially.
Actually they demolished the old Armageddon building. Spiderman was a brand new purpose built building, probably more work involved than DCA. Even the Stark factory restaurant (previously Backlot Express) was entirely gutted and walls removed, they just kept part of the roof for the main entrance.

I do like the look and feel of this land though, it feels better planned than DCA.

I still can't quite understand why they needed 3 years for the RNRC retheme when it feels like they put about 3 months worth of effort into it. To think the below was at one point considered.

Actually they demolished the old Armageddon building. Spiderman was a brand new purpose built building, probably more work involved than DCA. Even the Stark factory restaurant (previously Backlot Express) was entirely gutted and walls removed, they just kept part of the roof for the main entrance.

I do like the look and feel of this land though, it feels better planned than DCA.
Ah, I guess I just assumed that they reused the old Armageddon building. Stark Factory was gutted sure but it needed a good gutting anyway. The Blockbuster cafe that it replaced was probably one of the most lacking quick service restaurants in a Disney park as far as theme.

I still can't quite understand why they needed 3 years for the RNRC retheme when it feels like they put about 3 months worth of effort into it. To think the below was at one point considered.
I'm assuming the Pandemic effected things a lot. Paris took things super serious, much like Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. Much like those other Disney destinations, there was multiple park closures/nationwide shutdowns. The park was shut down for 10 months between March 2020 and April 2021. I'm not sure if they were doing any construction during that time, but I would wager that they weren't, which pushed the whole thing back.

So while it may not be a masterpiece, Avengers Campus Paris does it's job well enough simply by fixing the obvious lack of budget the park had to work with when it was being built and changes the former backlot from looking ugly, dated, and barebones into a land that is sleek, cohesive, and transforms at night.

de8dd180-f193-40fe-8487-966fc078867e-jpeg.652242

It's clearly an upgrade, and RnRc Paris wasn't particularly groundbreaking in the first place

I just wish they'd build the Avengers version of FoP already

It's clearly an upgrade, and RnRc Paris wasn't particularly groundbreaking in the first place

I just wish they'd build the Avengers version of FoP already
Speculation is that a similar ride to FoP (but not identical to) will be coming to Tokyo DisneySea for the upcoming Fantasy Springs next year. This would be used for the new Peter Pan ride. It will be interesting if what TDS is getting is truly what the E-ticket third ride for Avengers Campus in Paris and Anaheim, but also the third ride in the Stark Expo sub-section of Tomorrowland at HKDL is (for some reason theirs isn't called Avengers Campus).

D23 should provide a lot of updates on all the projects happening at the global parks, specifically WDSP and HKDL as those have some projects that have been in limbo for awhile. WDSP has the originally announced Star Wars area, however there's rumors that they might be reworking that and then the Avengers E-Ticket in Stark Expo. That was supposed to open next year and zero work has begun on it and in fact while most of the track was removed, there is an overpass still in the park that they have yet to remove.

Autopia closed in 2016 and the land has just been sitting there as a staging area for other projects ever since. It's currently being used as staging for the coaster going in Frozen (which will be similar to SDMT).

Reactions: shiekra38