Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

Am not shocked. I am more curious on what will replace this. Maybe what would replace Hollywood Land at DCA can be cloned or another Idea could be a Goosebumps land. Disney is doing a Goosebumps show on Disney Plus and depending on how well the reception is, It would not suprise me if they want a land themed to it at the parks.
I've actually had this thought in the past. I've thought put my mind to so many different things that could replace Hollywoodland and I can't think of anything that would seem to be a good land for that area except for The Simpsons. A smaller version of Pandora I could also see happening, but The Simpsons provides them so many opportunities in retail, food & beverage, meet & greet opportunities, and ride potential.

I don't know how popular The Simpsons is in France, so I don't know if it'll happen at WDSP, but I can definitely see it happening at DCA after the contract is up at USH. Something will have to replace Star Wars though because that lagoon is going to feel pretty empty with the only thing currently being built around the lagoon being Frozen with a bunch of expansion pads around it.

I've actually had this thought in the past. I've thought put my mind to so many different things that could replace Hollywoodland and I can't think of anything that would seem to be a good land for that area except for The Simpsons. A smaller version of Pandora I could also see happening, but The Simpsons provides them so many opportunities in retail, food & beverage, meet & greet opportunities, and ride potential.

I don't know how popular The Simpsons is in France, so I don't know if it'll happen at WDSP, but I can definitely see it happening at DCA after the contract is up at USH. Something will have to replace Star Wars though because that lagoon is going to feel pretty empty with the only thing currently being built around the lagoon being Frozen with a bunch of expansion pads around it.

Looking through combs of reddit, The Simpsons seem to be commonly aired in France, quite often in-fact.

Honestly, I think like how Paris Ratatouille was then transplanted to Orlando, if The Simpsons got their debut in Paris first, it'd be a means to prepare it for when it comes domestically. And honestly I think it makes sense. You have concepts you can go back too--particularly if WDI works with Thinkwell, from Fox Dubai. The baseboard is already there, it's just finding how it makes sense for WDS that matters.

Possible Alternatives:
  • Pandora
  • Cars Land (can't see how this would work with the weather)
  • Zootopia land from China
  • Curve ball - Indiana Jones Adventure
My money would be on Pandora but it's difficult to get excited about anything when they seem to be spending $2 Billion and getting very little to show for it.

Possible Alternatives:
  • Pandora
My money would be on Pandora but it's difficult to get excited about anything when they seem to be spending $2 Billion and getting very little to show for it.
Think we will find out what the replacement is at D23?

Think we will find out what the replacement is at D23?
I would think not. Not sure they will want to bring attention to cancelling a land based on one of the biggest IP's of all time. More likely Paris will announce it themselves.

I'm dissapointed for them that they won't get Rise, that attraction is a work of perfection.

It was only supposed to be RotR and the marketplace, so not the full Galaxy’s Edge. Say what you want, but RotR easily would’ve become the best ride at the park had they gotten it.

The past few years the rumors I was seeing were no RotR, just Smugglers. That’s a lot of money just for smugglers and part of the land.

The past few years the rumors I was seeing were no RotR, just Smugglers. That’s a lot of money just for smugglers and part of the land.
Smugglers would be tough to make work due to the language barrier.
That and the building on the French land permits has always been the Rise show building, doesn't mean it's 100% but points in the direction of Rise and a few shops.

Last edited:
Possible Alternatives:
  • Pandora
Cars Land is rumored to eventually go over near all the pixar stuff and replace the rethemed Cars backlot tour thing. That retheme is supposedly seen as temporary while the rest of the park was getting spruced up with Cars Land being the long-term goal, but things can change with the circumstances.

Wouldn't it be great if WDSP got a real quality land of their own that's completely unique to them, though?

He lost me when he said "Flight Force was a fantastic retheme" and that "Avengers Campus set the benchmark very high for future expansion" - seriously?!?
If FF was more on the level of Cosmic Rewind it would have been actually been a true improvement. But hey no where to go but up from AC LOL.

He lost me when he said "Flight Force was a fantastic retheme" and that "Avengers Campus set the benchmark very high for future expansion" - seriously?!?
He wasn't talking about the ride tbf. He was talking about the queue/exterior like everyone else who comments on it.

Not sure how reliable this source is, but the article suggests that Parks executives expressed dissatisfaction with Flight Force and it might undergo a refurb next year

Not quite sure what they could do to improve it aside from maybe adding some cutouts and AC/DC music. It’s RNRC, which is only around 40-45 seconds.

Not quite sure what they could do to improve it aside from maybe adding some cutouts and AC/DC music. It’s RNRC, which is only around 40-45 seconds.

True. They could start with adding a star field, making the wait to launch exciting rather than feeling like you are waiting to exit a parking garage, and maybe some more scenes and a coherant story,