Disney Adventure World Overhaul | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just read on the WDW forums that someone heard from a source that a Lion King area is now going to take over what once was Star Wars Galaxies Edge.

Please Lord. Let this be true. We'll have been waiting patiently for 30 years by the time this would open.

The Lion King could be good, but honestly, this park is so heavily reliant on animated films (whether it be the 2D or CGI film) that I really think it needs another property based on a sci-fi live action property. Whether that be Avatar, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, or TRON, I think they need something like that to balance this park a little bit.

Bringing this up--alongside something interesting! Rumors are seemingly pointing to WDS getting a new land greenlit quickly; being of The Lion King (and that being of potentially a flume attraction)

Bringing this up--alongside something interesting! Rumors are seemingly pointing to WDS getting a new land greenlit quickly; being of The Lion King (and that being of potentially a flume attraction)

My entire life's dream come true. How it wasn't a hallmark attraction of Animal Kingdom, I'll never know.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Translation of that tweet:
“And it's Studio 1's turn to begin its transformation soon!
The building permit application describes the following changes:
- interior redevelopment of the building and exterior spaces
- creation of an awning
- change of the existing signage on the facade”

It’s honestly well past time for this. The park is finally starting to expand and become more than the cheap park that Eisner built. It’s about time they address the ugliest entrance to a Disney park in the world.

My entire life's dream come true. How it wasn't a hallmark attraction of Animal Kingdom, I'll never know.

honestly I'm willing argue this but what if Moana is there until it's not for DAK...

Translation of that tweet:
“And it's Studio 1's turn to begin its transformation soon!
The building permit application describes the following changes:
- interior redevelopment of the building and exterior spaces
- creation of an awning
- change of the existing signage on the facade”

It’s honestly well past time for this. The park is finally starting to expand and become more than the cheap park that Eisner built. It’s about time they address the ugliest entrance to a Disney park in the world.

Same--honestly it's great to see Iger allowing Josh/Bruce the ability to invest into this resort.

Going further however, WDS/DLPR has some additional rumors that are a bit quirky.

To give a TLDR:
- WDS's other major land, seems to be a clone of Avatar (makes sense honestly given Way of Waters performance) [note from one of the more accurate of the DLPR sources, that this seems to be not locked in, nor another project]
- Space Mountain will be getting a renovation to restore it of the Jules Verne theming to tie it with SEA
- The third and final coaster in a Vekoma deal done by Disney seemingly will be behind that of Space Mountain, themed to Star Wars [This is the other project that has not been exactly locked in]

Additionally, another flat ride will be getting added to WDS, behind the new restaurant.

Avatar the Way of Water is the highest grossing movie of all time at the French box office.

Makes sense

Going further however, WDS/DLPR has some additional rumors that are a bit quirky
I've also seen these rumors on the *shudder* WDWMagic Forums, but their biggest advocates are new members, and Marni hasn't said a peep.

While they are at it they should also consider cloning the Multiverse attraction from DCA to the Paris Avengers Campus. My guess is that the Motor Stunt show venue is going to get demoed for a new attraction eventually. Iger visited WDSP recently and toured AC so maybe this is being talked about.

I've also seen these rumors on the *shudder* WDWMagic Forums, but their biggest advocates are new members, and Marni hasn't said a peep.

For what it’s worth on the subject of the Vekoma deal, Chorizo on the Theme Park Stop discord seemingly says more properly that he has heard of a three coaster deal, and was inclined to believe that the third was going to Paris.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Avatar the Way of Water is the highest grossing movie of all time at the French box office.

Makes sense.
I think you have numbers slightly off, (Avatar has earned more than TWOW in France), but to your point, as a replacement for Star Wars, you can't find a more popular IP for this area of the world. Pandora coming as the replacement here actually makes a ton of sense given Avatar is actually a far bigger box office success in France than Star Wars.

Let's just take a look at Avatar vs. Star Wars at French box office. Avatar comes extremely close to the 11 movie lifetime total that Star Wars has in France with only two releases. Star Wars may be a big franchise in the US, but not as much so internationally whereas Avatar thrives internationally.

The Way Of Water: $153M
Total: $334.8M for $167.4M avg (2 movies)

Star Wars: $11.3M
Empire Strikes Back: $7.2M
Return Of The Jedi: $5.9M
The Phantom Menace: $42.9M
Attack Of The Clones: $30.6M
Revenge Of The Sith: $56.8M
The Force Awakens: $88.5M
Rogue One: $39.3M
The Last Jedi: $64.9M
Solo: $11.3M
The Rise Of Skywalker: $54.6M
Total: $413.3M for $37.6M avg (11 movies)

Avatar makes perfect sense, just hope they do the full land and not the 'lite' version like they are doing with Frozen and planned with Star Wars.

I'd also love to see a Lion King land, it would give Paris something unique to shout about too. Hopefully they can/will do both.

Avatar makes perfect sense, just hope they do the full land and not the 'lite' version like they are doing with Frozen and planned with Star Wars.

I'd also love to see a Lion King land, it would give Paris something unique to shout about too. Hopefully they can/will do both.
WDSP desperately needs some unique attractions, especially after Rat being cloned to Epcot.

WDSP desperately needs some unique attractions, especially after Rat being cloned to Epcot.
Agreed.
Also in favor of them returning Space Mountain to the original earth to the moon Jules Vern story line. Paris' Space Mountain is still the best one ever built, the original story was truly fantastic.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Someone on the WDW forums relayed something on the ThemeParx website: Disneyland Paris proper will be getting a Villains mini land with a coaster on par with Hagrid's in IOA in 2028. I would if this is what we will be getting in the MK? I hope not. Instead I am hoping MK will get an E ticket Villains dark ride that uses the same ride system from the TDS PeterPan Flight attraction and Avengers Multiverse attraction.

Someone on the WDW forums relayed something on the ThemeParx website: Disneyland Paris proper will be getting a Villains mini land with a coaster on par with Hagrid's in IOA in 2028. I would if this is what we will be getting in the MK? I hope not. Instead I am hoping MK will get an E ticket Villains dark ride that uses the same ride system from the TDS PeterPan Flight attraction and Avengers Multiverse attraction.

The more recent rumors have pointed to Star Wars as opposed to Villains for the coaster if memory serves. As part of an apparent deal for WDI to get three Vekoma coasters.

The more recent rumors have pointed to Star Wars as opposed to Villains for the coaster if memory serves. As part of an apparent deal for WDI to get three Vekoma coasters.
WDSP has the expansion space where SWGE was supposed to go which is now for a Lion King land or some variant of Pandora. But I believe there is another expansion pad to the right of the Frozen land in WDSP. Maybe that is how they will do both Lion King and Pandora.