Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

Someone already brought this up I think, but I really, REALLY don’t understand the name change. “Fastpass” has ingrained itself into common vernacular. People use “Fastpass” to refer to Express, Fast Lane, Quick Queue, etc (even internally at some of these companies lol). “Lightning Lane” sounds like a Six Flags knock-off.
KA Chow

Someone already brought this up I think, but I really, REALLY don’t understand the name change. “Fastpass” has ingrained itself into common vernacular. People use “Fastpass” to refer to Express, Fast Lane, Quick Queue, etc (even internally at some of these companies lol). “Lightning Lane” sounds like a Six Flags knock-off.

It has also been free for decades. Insert angry ladies/smug cat meme: "You're charging for FastPass now!"/"Lightning Lane, not FastPass."

I was first thinking that it reminds of Lightning Rod (Dollywood's coaster) but after the "ka chow" moments ago, I am thinking of Lightning McQueen.

Not sure where to put this but Disney is building a 15 million dollar billboard on I drive to try and attract costumers from epic universe. Don’t know if y’all know this already but here it is. This is where your genie money is going

Not sure where to put this but Disney is building a 15 million dollar billboard on I drive to try and attract costumers from epic universe. Don’t know if y’all know this already but here it is. This is where your genie money is going
I'm sure the mods will move it but there was a thread created when the permit application came out. It needed a hearing from the authorities for permission

For perspective do a back of the napkin on how much the mouse makes every day the Magic Kingdom is open let alone the other parks. 15M is a few days revenue and that billboard will be there a very long time. Money well spent, my theory is Bob is going to throw Bob a going away party with the Genie money.

I'm sure the mods will move it but there was a thread created when the permit application came out. It needed a hearing from the authorities for permission

For perspective do a back of the napkin on how much the mouse makes every day the Magic Kingdom is open let alone the other parks. 15M is a few days revenue and that billboard will be there a very long time. Money well spent, my theory is Bob is going to throw Bob a going away party with the Genie money.
The answer to universals brand new massive 6.5 billion theme park/ resort is a fancy billboard? This is why Universal is becoming the more attractive option for guests visiting Orlando. Disney knows this and is panicking, and I believe they are making some incredibly dumb decisions.

Yes, Disney is not panicking....But it is illustrative of how much more competitive Universal Orlando is to Disney now then what they were before Potter .

Its not a billboard it’s a digital art installation ;)

Cast Compliments added to MDE app. Although at the moment, they have launched it without being able to name the actual cast member who you wish to thank, so that's a bit of a fail.

October 19th is when this idiocy hits market:

Here's a look at the attraction list and remember the Individual Lightning Lane is $7-$15 a head.

walt-disney-world-reveals-full-list-of-genie-and-individual-lightning-lane-attractions-1.jpg

I’m just happy it’s not the safari as originally rumored.
I'm really surprised it isn't as i'd think the target audience for this is families - many with little kids. They chose the rides with the two highest height requirements in the park for Individual LL at DAK.

Although I guess that could be purposeful in the sense that the safari is a family experience and since everyone may not be tall enough or even want to go on Everest, the people that do can pay a little bit of money, maybe on a Christmas week type of day, to skip a long line and get back with the family in a timely manner. But then you are only getting maybe 2 or so out of a family of 4 to buy into this instead of the whole family so once again I don't see how it makes a ton of financial (key word) sense for it to not be KS.