WandaVision | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm assuming personally that
Wanda will merge White Vision and Vision, returning Vision to life, but he ultimately rejects her for what she did to the town; this is the ultimate catalyst for her officially going mad leading to MoM
Idk, I think he merges, but she *might* lose the kids and fake Pietro, causing her more grief. She'll go to Strange for guidance and she'll end up getting her hands on one of the high level sorcery books, allowing her to harness her immense power. That would allow her to bring Billy and Tommy back to life and it would open up the multiverse.

Let's also not forget Loki ties into MoM among the D+ shows, so things are gonna get pretty wild, i'd expect.

Young Avengers, as a comics title, apparently has quite a passionate (if perhaps somewhat niche; I don't think it's ever been a great seller) fanbase, but I don't think the mass moviegoing audience is ready to see a team of teenage replacements take over for the adults, especially when plenty of those adults still do have cinematic mileage in the tank (and new adult hero franchises are going to be kicking-off, too). It doesn't really sound like my thing, either, but I was no longer actively reading new comics by the time they really showed up, either.

Makes sense as a potential Disney+ show, though.

Young Avengers, as a comics title, apparently has quite a passionate (if perhaps somewhat niche; I don't think it's ever been a great seller) fanbase, but I don't think the mass moviegoing audience is ready to see a team of teenage replacements take over for the adults, especially when plenty of those adults still do have cinematic mileage in the tank (and new adult hero franchises are going to be kicking-off, too). It doesn't really sound like my thing, either, but I was no longer actively reading new comics by the time they really showed up, either.

Makes sense as a potential Disney+ show, though.

The characters are unique/funny/endearing. I’m confident people who don’t know much about them will learn to love them like they learned with the Guardians.

I mean I'm sure Young Avengers will be great

Like anyone questioning the leadership of the MCU besides the kinda meh Antman 2...we have not had a BAD film or anything since basically Thor 2 and even then the people behind the MCU now found ways to make Thor 2 and Ultons film interesting after the fact.

Reactions: Nick and GA-MBIT
I can easily see a scenario where vision leaves, though. His body is waiting for him on the outside, part of me wonders if a plan is to try and capture the embodiment that Wanda created into Vision's real body.

As far as the kids, there's also the scenario where Wanda gets so mad and so powerful by the end that they (somehow) are able to live outside of the hex. Unless they do die here and in Wanda's grief again, she goes and gets a multiverse version of them to bring over during MoM? Wiccan and Speed are too important, I can't see them just forever going away now that they've been introduced.

look up the comic book version of their “birth” and comeback.

look up the comic book version of their “birth” and comeback.
I know what that story is. Doesn't mean that's how it's happening here. Feige often takes elements from multiple different comics and puts them together to form the story he's telling.

For example, WandaVision is based on House of M and The Vision and even some of The Vision and Scarlet Witch.

Don't go in expecting too much. Director Matt Shakman thinks many will be disappointed based on fan theories being floated. If i've learned anything, Kevin Feige seems to like to keep things simple (and fairly comics accurate), so the obvious thing is probably what will happen.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The finale is probably going to give us some spectacular action and an emotional resolution that closes Wanda's character arc. It's likely only going to be a disappointment if you're one of those people that has been viewing the show as a backdoor pilot for the X-Men or Fantastic 4 or whatever instead of its own story.

Ohhh...guess I'll just hope for the best then

Weird they know its going to disappoint
I wouldn't say it's weird. They filmed the finale and have seen it. They also see what type of wild theories are being floated. Matt Shakman knows what the finale entails and he knows that some people expecting some of these wild things to happen are setting themselves up for disappointment, so he's trying to lower expectations to be more realistic, I think.

I wouldn't say it's weird. They filmed the finale and have seen it. They also see what type of wild theories are being floated. Matt Shakman knows what the finale entails and he knows that some people expecting some of these wild things to happen are setting themselves up for disappointment, so he's trying to lower expectations to be more realistic, I think.

Mentioned on Twitter, but the closest analogy I can think of is the first season of True Detective when online fans legit believed the simple albeit well-acted slow-burn cop drama was going to become an all-out Cthulhu monster movie in its finale. I think this is the director basically saying, "no, we're not secretly building to giant monsters, it was never that kind of show."

Here's the specific quote from the director:

“I hope that they feel like the journey was satisfying for them. I know there are so many theories out there; there will be a lot of people who will no doubt be disappointed by one theory or another,” he said. “But we’re always telling this story about Wanda dealing with grief and learning how to accept that loss, and hopefully people will find that the finale is surprising but also satisfying, and that it feels inevitable because it’s the same story they’ve been watching the whole time.”

Reactions: SeventyOne