Warner Bros Discovery Launches New Experiences Division | Inside Universal Forums

Warner Bros Discovery Launches New Experiences Division

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unlikely on the backlot again. Probably just more Fright Fest content since the partnership is already there. I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything beyond that.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Jake S and Wesker69
A company can realign their divisions all they want, but if the core leadership is rotten, the company remains a POS. Warner Brothers is a rotting corpse at this point in time.
Yeah I'm not super impressed by this either considering that they didn't even hire a new exec, just gave the existing COO new responsibilities. This reads like a company desperately trying to convince skeptical investors that they still have a growth engine.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah I'm not super impressed by this either considering that they didn't even hire a new exec, just gave the existing COO new responsibilities. This reads like a company desperately trying to convince skeptical investors that they still have a growth engine.
I also think that by virtue of Epic opening with a new Potter area, their revenue from that licensing deal will increase and then use that as an excuse to investors to say "look we're growing on where we focused. We swear we're not in a death spiral!"

I love WB's IP but the management is nuts.

I also think that by virtue of Epic opening with a new Potter area, their revenue from that licensing deal will increase and then use that as an excuse to investors to say "look we're growing on where we focused. We swear we're not in a death spiral!"

I love WB's IP but the management is nuts.
They'll just waste that money on another lousy new movie that'll lose a few hundred million.

Didn't WB make Barbie? Dune? Beetle Juice 2? Also the up coming Joker 2?

I mean we I don't like how WB is treating many IPs but movie wise they seem to be doing pretty well

Didn't WB make Barbie? Dune? Beetle Juice 2? Also the up coming Joker 2?

I mean we I don't like how WB is treating many IPs but movie wise they seem to be doing pretty well
This is counterintuitive since they're so culturally dominant, but movies make up a tiny proportion of a modern media company's bottom line. Usually it's something like 10% of revenue, if that. The vast majority of revenue for a company like WBD comes from cable networks + theme parks if you're Disney or Comcast.

WB films had a strong first quarter this year with Dune and Godzilla X Kong, but the company overall was still down due to cable network weakness, streaming losses, and their big video game, Suicide Squad, flopping like a fish.

This is counterintuitive since they're so culturally dominant, but movies make up a tiny proportion of a modern media company's bottom line. Usually it's something like 10% of revenue, if that. The vast majority of revenue for a company like WBD comes from cable networks + theme parks if you're Disney or Comcast.

WB films had a strong first quarter this year with Dune and Godzilla X Kong, but the company overall was still down due to cable network weakness, streaming losses, and their big game, Suicide Squad, flopping like a fish.
Got it

Which is why I brought up the movies because at least there they seem to have it but...yeah TV wise they seem to be more meh. Spe4aking of WB TV, i did see a rumor that they do want to do another version of the Looney Tunes...which would in a way make sense why they didn't want the to put out "The day the earth blew up" because its the in the style of the last version of the characters (which also...I will say I really am enjoying the last version of the Looney Tunes great animation, good jokes and gags and Daffy and Bugs are back to being not more the same but different styles of humor)

Got it

Which is why I brought up the movies because at least there they seem to have it but...yeah TV wise they seem to be more meh. Spe4aking of WB TV, i did see a rumor that they do want to do another version of the Looney Tunes...which would in a way make sense why they didn't want the to put out "The day the earth blew up" because its the in the style of the last version of the characters (which also...I will say I really am enjoying the last version of the Looney Tunes great animation, good jokes and gags and Daffy and Bugs are back to being not more the same but different styles of humor)
Supposably there is a plan to relaunch the LT IP in 2028 with a movie series. This comes from Cartoon Brew, so take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Jerroddragon