Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Bus Transportation - Resort/Park Based Welcome Messages

Aug 3, 2017
Scotland
Hello there,

Bit of a strange request, but I am looking in to finding out the majority of the "welcome" messages that the Buses on property show. For example, the buses to Old Key West will display Old Key West and then "Hello, Islanders".

If anyone knows more about various messages the buses display then that would be much appreciated. I thought I would be able to remember them rather than write them down when I was last at the world but, alas, I cannot.

Thanks folks!

Hello there,

Bit of a strange request, but I am looking in to finding out the majority of the "welcome" messages that the Buses on property show. For example, the buses to Old Key West will display Old Key West and then "Hello, Islanders".

If anyone knows more about various messages the buses display then that would be much appreciated. I thought I would be able to remember them rather than write them down when I was last at the world but, alas, I cannot.

Thanks folks!
Disney's Hollywood Studios - "I'm going to Hollywood!"
Disney's Animal Kingdom - "Hakuna Matata!"

This is one of those things Disney should've built a long, long time ago. Now if only they could get their busses listed in Google Maps...

So fun fact, WDW initially tested bus times and a request a bus feature using the in room resort tv back around 2000-2002. It lasted only a month or two and was a hilarious failure with guests waiting longer for busses than before.

I think they still do. They share with the Disney Springs and DAK buses serving the waterparks. If I remember correctly, they have shuttles from DS and DAK to and from the waterparks in the afternoon, but direct service in the morning.

I think they still do. They share with the Disney Springs and DAK buses serving the waterparks. If I remember correctly, they have shuttles from DS and DAK to and from the waterparks in the afternoon, but direct service in the morning.

It seems like they're not doing a direct service any more but I can't seem to get a definite answer.

Bumping this thread because I just spent a week in Disney and remembered that @Joshua Porter had asked what the bus messages are. Here is the list I compiled of all the messages I could see and find:

Hakuna Matata - Animal Kingdom

I’m going to Hollywood - Hollywood Studios

Welcome world travelers - Epcot

When you wish upon a star - Magic

kingdom

Greetings from the springs - Disney Springs

Dreams do come true in Port Orleans -Port Orleans

Good day islanders - Caribbean Beach

Welcome home - Saratoga Springs

Welcome home - Old Key West

Bienvenidos - Coronado springs

All aboard all stars! - All Stars (all 3)

Welcome artists- Art of Animation

Let’s play ball - ESPN

Have a totally awesome day - Pop Century

Dumela adventurers - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Welcome contemporaries - Contemporary

All aboard boat Wright’s - Port Orleans Riverside

Welcome snowboarders - Blizzard Beach

Welcome movie stars - All Star Movies

Welcome sports fans - All Star Sports

Hello Rockstars - All Stars Music

Welcome lodgers - Wilderness Lodge

Howdy - Fort Wilderness

Bonjour! - Port Orleans French Quarter

Welcome to the showplace of the shore - Boardwalk

Welcome travelers - Transportation and Ticket Center

Heigh ho heigh ho - VIP Cast Member

Earning My Ears - Training

Missing :

Golden Oak

Polynesian

Grand Floridian

Thyphoon Lagoon (closed for refurbishment)

No message:

Yacht and Beach

Swan and dolphin

Snow White - (bus going out of service for break)

If I am missing anymore let me know and the next trip I will try to get them.