WDW: To Keep, Refurb, or Scrap? | Inside Universal Forums

WDW: To Keep, Refurb, or Scrap?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 4, 2009
Windermere
With all the expansions going on, refurbishments, and rumors, I am curious what areas, shows, or rides you would deem "untouchable" verses the ones that just flat need to go. Here are some of my opinions to get things rollin'...

Magic Kingdom:

Keepers- Space, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Moutain (considering it's status), People Mover, Astro Orbiter, Tiki Room, Train, Showboats, Wishes, Hall of Presidents, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Game, Dream Along with Mickey

Refurbs- Splash Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, IASM (the way of DL's), Buzz Lightyear's, Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyer's Island, Tomorrowland Speedway, Tea Cups, every parade save MiSiCi, Country Bears, Tomorrowland Arcade

Scraps- Aladdin's EyeSore, Stitch's Dumb Escape, Monster's Daft Floor

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Keepers- Lights Motors Action, Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Playhouse Disney, Disney Channel Rocks (I guess)

Refurbs- Fantasmic!, Rock'n'Rollercoaster, Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D

Scraps-Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (we can commemorate him better that this!), American Idol, Sounds Dangerous, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Backlot Tour

Epcot:

Keepers- Living with the Land, Mexico's Fiesta Caballero whatever, Illuminations, all the nations' videos (especially France)

Refurbs- Soarin', Maelstrom, Mission Space, Test Track, Ellen's Universe of Energy, Nemo and Friends

Scraps- Journey into Imagination, Captain EO, The Odyssey, Wonders of Life (put that space to better use)

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Keepers- Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, all animal trails and exhibits, Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo: the Musical, Tough to be a Bug, Flights of Wonder

Refurbs- Jammin' Jungle Parade, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest

Scraps- Rafiki's Planet Watch, Hester and Chester's dinorama, Boat Dock

Last edited:
I've always known I was in the minority but I really like Laugh Floor.

I don't really like it, but I do enjoy most shows I see. I don't understand the hate for the attraction itself. I know people don't care for the placement, but that doesn't make the attraction any less fun.

I don't really like it, but I do enjoy most shows I see. I don't understand the hate for the attraction itself. I know people don't care for the placement, but that doesn't make the attraction any less fun.

Despite it being improved it has low repeat value. The same rotating handful of jokes.

Eh, my girlfriend likes it, too. Just not everyone's cup of tea. That and it had no place in Tomorrowland as it takes place in a contemporary setting.

That and it is just not that impressive of an attraction. The concept of telling jokes as if they are live is one thing. I agree with it not fitting in Tomorrowland. Science Fiction does not automatically equal tomorrow as everything in Monsters Inc was purposely and obviously contemporary as well as timeless as could be(even nostalgia in some cases) so no argument there. But looking past that we have nothing but a set of screens. Just screens. No animatronics, no true physical or practical effects other than some lighting and fog. There could of been a lot of little touches that made the show more interactive. Not to mention those hard plastic seats don't help.

I agree with your points just thought I would add the other.

As for something I will add to the thread to scrap. The Monorail System. These things are so bad off now with the CMs sometimes kicking doors or shoving their bodies against them to shut that it is time for an upgrade. This fleet has taken the most abuse for the longest time of any of the fleets the resorts have ever had and it is more than past time for a new set.

I've always known I was in the minority but I really like Laugh Floor.
I saw the show back in May 2010, I had low expectations but I actually found myself cracking up during the entire show. :look: :lol:

My only compliant is that it doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland, and I wouldn't really miss it if it ever closed.

Laugh Floor was actually pretty funny. As a parent, I think it's a great attraction.

Stitch gets alot of hate, as it should. But am I the only one who thought Alien Encounter was complete garbage?

Stitch gets alot of hate, as it should. But am I the only one who thought Alien Encounter was complete garbage?

Yes I think you might be lol. Of all my years I don't think I have ever heard anyone use AE and garbage in the same sentence. Everyone has there own opinion and that's cool but your the first I have actually seen hate it. Personally I think it might be one of the greatest attractions WDI ever did but again that's just my two cents.

^Maybe I was little harsh to call AE garbage. I know it was a fan fav, but I never really enjoyed it. Sorry, but just found it a little boring. I guess I'm just the slim minority.

Its cool, I mean to each his own right :lol:

Most people look at me crazy when I tell them TTA is one of the best rides in the park.