Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's Your HHN 24 Plan of Attack?

Aug 20, 2014

You're standing at the main gates opening night. All the speculation/rumors are over and your anticipation is at a boiling point. What direction do you head? Towards the soundstages with the heard? Or do you head right?

Year after year I use basically the same plan of attack. Minus last year due to American Werewolfs popularity. I usually take my group around the right side of the park and hit the parade building (Roanoke) first. Where the 1st house exits I'll jump right over to the first tent house (Dollhouse). Basically continuing around the park counter clockwise, at least getting 4-5 houses done in the first hour and 1/2. I've never once bought an Express Pass and can easily get everything done.

Last edited:
I always go right to stay away from the crowds. Once I get back to the top of the sound stages I decide based on wait times if I should go hit B&T or do certain SS's.

I've always had the same plan. If not S&S, then I hit all SS in a row. Then onto Giggles & Gore and then Normally Kid zone area. You have to factor in most people will flow the SS route. Also annual passholders will be doing the Tents and Parade house. Once i've finished all houses (by 9/10pm) then I hang in scare-zones for awhile. Then towards the end. Hit a few more houses.

I'll throw out a prediction. Dollhouse, Dracula and Giggles will have the lowest lines. Much how Resident Evil always did.

I'll definitely be taking that plan when I go opening weekend thanks rouge!!! Hopefully I'll have enough of a budget to get a frequent fear plus express but if not yeah that sounds like an awesome plan. If only horror nights had a single riders queue :mean:

I'll definitely be taking that plan when I go opening weekend thanks rouge!!! Hopefully I'll have enough of a budget to get a frequent fear plus express but if not yeah that sounds like an awesome plan. If only horror nights had a single riders queue :mean:

You might not be able to take that plan of attack opening weekend unless you are an AP holder because they have AP parties both nights. If I am remembering correctly this means that Parade and the tents are blocked off until 6:30pm. Assuming you do not have an AP, you might do better hitting up one of the SS houses and then trying to funnel into the Kidzone area.

You might not be able to take that plan of attack opening weekend unless you are an AP holder because they have AP parties both nights. If I am remembering correctly this means that Parade and the tents are blocked off until 6:30pm. Assuming you do not have an AP, you might do better hitting up one of the SS houses and then trying to funnel into the Kidzone area.
Ugh I can't thank you enough, don't have an AP and that would've confused the hell out of me. Thank you so much

Ugh I can't thank you enough, don't have an AP and that would've confused the hell out of me. Thank you so much

No problem. Like I said, I am pretty sure that is how it works but I am not positive as it has been a while since it affected me. If anyone else can weigh in and confirm that the Parade and tents won't be open on AP party nights I would appreciate it.

I am doing Stay and Scream one night and I plan on hitting up AvP first and then going to Kidzone.
The other two nights I am going I may implement the same plan or I might just go straight to Kidzone; it all depends upon what the Stay and Scream house is (I am assuming it is AvP but depending on the queue setup it might be FDTD).

Your correct, the kid-zone area is blocked off until the event opens.

I believe AVP will open later as AWIL did. First house for (NY)Stay and Scream might be Walking Dead or Dracula. Also were not sure if their doing 3 stay and scream areas like last year. In that case, From Dusk Till Dawn, Dracula and Walking Dead will be might open first.

Best plan Cole, once you get in head straight for kid-zone. I have seen them old off people right at Central Park due to the AP Party. Not sure if they will do that this year.

Your correct, the kid-zone area is blocked off until the event opens.

I believe AVP will open later as AWIL did. First house for (NY)Stay and Scream might be Walking Dead or Dracula. Also were not sure if their doing 3 stay and scream areas like last year. In that case, From Dusk Till Dawn, Dracula and Walking Dead will be might open first.

Best plan Cole, once you get in head straight for kid-zone. I have seen them old off people right at Central Park due to the AP Party. Not sure if they will do that this year.

Last year AWIL was the stay and scream house for Finnegan's (at least, the night I did Stay and Scream) which is why I figured AvP or FDTD might be Stay and Scream this year.
If Cole is there during an AP party night, wouldn't he be better off getting one of the SS houses out of the way and THEN lining up by Central Park? That's what I did in 2010 and it worked out well for me.

Ahh sorry so many nights of going. I tend to mix up things. Might have been AWIL. I know for the stay and scream next to Lucy's tribute area. They went to Cabin in the Woods first(where FDTD is)

Based on last year, really your fine no madder which way. As long as you stay consistent. Until we've had a few days of the event. Won't be sure of which houses have the longest and shortest lines. Halloween will be packed I'm sure. So knock that out or AVP first if having the chance. Cole will be fine going either way.

Thank all of you for the responses!!! Even though I'm going first weekend I think my route will be decided on how the lines are the night before I go. I have no clue if walking dead will be a people eater or create a giant line along with giggles and gore due to their sizes. I'm cool with either way but if I can avoid a 3 hour long line by hitting up something first then that's the way I'm going lol

Thank all of you for the responses!!! Even though I'm going first weekend I think my route will be decided on how the lines are the night before I go. I have no clue if walking dead will be a people eater or create a giant line along with giggles and gore due to their sizes. I'm cool with either way but if I can avoid a 3 hour long line by hitting up something first then that's the way I'm going lol

Just be aware that the back of the park houses (TWD, Giggles & Gore, and Dollhouse of the Damned) usually open at 6:30pm (at least they have every year I have been). Also, I would recommend not getting in line for G&G until it starts to get dark as the Disaster houses often have the most light leaking in.

Yeah Giggles & Gore will be impacted by Rocky Horror exiting. Just the same as Halloween with Bill and Ted exiting. I'll try to keep some of the wait times info through the night on Friday Night.

Hopefully they'll be bringing back the wait times on a mobile app or through texting again. Even though the texting was generally off by a bit, it provided a good sense of which way the crowds were flowing.

You have to absolutely remember that the IP houses, ESPECIALLY Halloween and Walking Dead, will have the longest lines the fastest. So try and hit the IP houses first, then the original houses as the lines will typically be smaller for those.

Halloween is a tent house, the APers and he people who wait inside the park will be easily trying to hit that house as early as possible.

So base your strategy a little bit with that too.

You have to absolutely remember that the IP houses, ESPECIALLY Halloween and Walking Dead, will have the longest lines the fastest. So try and hit the IP houses first, then the original houses as the lines will typically be smaller for those.

Halloween is a tent house, the APers and he people who wait inside the park will be easily trying to hit that house as early as possible.

So base your strategy a little bit with that too.

I think this year Halloween and AvP will probably have the longest lines initially. I almost feel like they put those two at opposite ends of the park on purpose.

Thanks guys, I ususally go later and just wing it but since this is my first time going it at rope drop this really helps. I think I'll do the soundstages first then bill and ted then original houses. I'll definitely be awaiting your wait times zombie, the largest house in HHN history might just have the largest line in HHN history. This is such a strange year because I typically expect all the waits to be 75-90 minutes but for 2 I have no clue what to expect. I'll probably hit up TWD first and then giggles afterwards for the disaster light problem (as you guys mentioned). Problem is I'm a giant whimp for the first house or two so maybe the 10 minute house wouldn't be the best warm up to get back into the HHN atmopehere. But hopefully my next paycheck will gain me enough for an express pass so all of this won't be a problem whatsoever

Np Cole, happy to help. Last year was the first time I did front gate only so I could record the opening show. Wasn't as bad as I feared. I'm going to also time-stamp the WD house to know how long is it compared to the other SS house. I'm in the same boat as far as being scared at first. Until I get used to the house, I'm terrified.

Not to sound spoiled, but I won't wait in 45+ lines. Unless I'm with a group. I remember last year waiting in line for Evil Dead. Sign said 40mins, I was alone and waiting in that line was real terror. It felt like I waited over a hour.

Oh my god I know!!! The evil dead wait time was always wrong and it made the line pure hell. I've never been by myself at HHN and personally don't mind waiting in line period but I can see how HHN lines could get maddening by yourself (especially if you get pre house jitters). Too excited to go on rope drop though. Hopefully we have somewhat of a show like last year