Who can go in for Early Entry? | Inside Universal Forums

Who can go in for Early Entry?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rideguy70

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2016
Los Angeles
I have the old Premium Annual pass (still good till end of July!), and my friend has the newer AP.  We've both been told by gate ticket TMs that our APs can get us in to Early Entry.

So two questions:

1. Can basically all APs get in for early entry?
  2. Who can't get in to early entry?  Would it just be same day walk up ticket buyers?  Because it seems like everyone else can.

On paper, only passes and tickets purchased through Universal's EZ Rez system can take advantage of Early Entry. If you have an older pass (such as a Premium Annual Pass), you will not be allowed in.

That being said, in practice, I've seen no enforcement of Early Entry whatsoever. My new Platinum Annual Pass technically doesn't qualify for Early Entry because I upgraded from the Gold tier, but in practice I've been able to get in every single time. No guarantees, but it seems like you can get in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rideguy70
Thanks for the clarification.  Yesterday, I went immediately after the early entry time finished, showed them my Premium Annual Pass, and asked if that would get me in.  Without skipping a beat, he said yes.  Obviously other front gate members could have different ideas, and as you said, on paper, it's a no go.  But you're right, they don't seem to be enforcing at all right now.  Makes me wonder how long it'll last.