Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I wouldn't love a Wizarding World expansion, but I question what could even be included. Most material found in the Harry Potter books takes place inside of Hogwarts, and saying that that has already been constructed, it wouldn't fit (you can't go into Chamber of Secrets for one attraction when the Chamber of Secrets is supposedly already in the pre-existing Hogwarts two-hundred feet away)

But, alas, a few ideas:
-Hogsmeade expansion
-Shrieking Shack (not too sure what to include in it though)
-Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop (in HP5, tea shop)
-Diagon Alley
-Gringott's roller coaster (indoors, dragons, etc.)
-Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
-Flourish and Blotts (book store)
-Leaky Cauldron (restaurant and entrance into Diagon Alley segment?)
-Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (pretty similar to Zonko's)
-Quidditch World Cup attraction (simulator? interactive?)
-Knight Bus (simulator)
-Ministry of Magic attraction
-The Burrow (like Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, just a large structure filled with (interactive) props and effects that guests can walk through)

The biggest and possibly best expansion, however, would be the MagiQuest technology through-out the resort. Guests, after having purchased a wand, can use it to activate various effects through-out both parks and at the hotels. A score system or something could be included, or it could be for tasks / adventures. For example, an effect in Seuss Landing may be to make a cartoon fish spit water.

Last edited:
I would love to see a hogwarts Express simulator that last about 30 min, and serves food. Just imagine sitting down and eating dinner to the sights of the Hogwarts Express route. I have know idea where it would fit though.

Last edited:
I really hope this rumour is true; it was fun following Phase 1. Remember how you’d post some little details that annoyed you and sometimes they would change over a while? I think Universal was looking at OU quite a bit because everyone likes feedback, especially from the true fans here where people even rented out helicopters to have a look.

TombraiderTy pretty much covered what I wanted, everything you’ve listed are really good ideas, an England section is perfect, everything just fits in. For example the Ministry of Magic, Diagon Alley and Kings Cross are all there, they could squash them it fine, the LC is pretty big (maybe even cut into the car park a bit?) The Hogwarts express could work, like the new King Kong ride at USH with the things looking 3D-ish even without the glasses, and have multiple carriages just going from station to station slowly with a rumbling carriage or something. MagiQuest has been a floating part 2 rumour for ages; the score system could be great and profitable with people wanting to buy wands for an actual purpose.

There are still things they could to do in the current WW, redo the Dragon Challenge by updating the queue, painting the tracks different colours and to theme the sound wall into mountains, expand parts of FJ and the Hogwarts queue with more classrooms (potions with SNAPE) and maybe moving staircases etc. Maybe even have the Clock Tower attached to the Hogwarts façade and make it look like in the DH movie (Hogwarts’s most recent look, it just keeps changing). There have been lots of rumours such as Universal agreeing that the DC isn’t to flash; if it was final they would have been more defensive and things like crew members spreading rumours about the whole LC going soon.

There are so many possibilities that could be done, the only thing holding Universal back last time was money and I think tWWoHP gave the a lot of that…

I love the idea! But I think it's so far off into the future (I mean this has been planned for who knows who long, announced in 2007, opened in 2010) that any new attractions or shows would be far ahead of our concepts of technological breakthroughs.

We kind of already discussed this on the main WWoHP thread, but what the heck :p

I REALLY like these ideas:

But, alas, a few ideas:
-Hogsmeade expansion
-Shrieking Shack (not too sure what to include in it though)
-Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop (in HP5, tea shop)
-Diagon Alley
-Gringott's roller coaster (indoors, dragons, etc.)
-Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
-Flourish and Blotts (book store)
-Leaky Cauldron (restaurant and entrance into Diagon Alley segment?)
-Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (pretty similar to Zonko's)
-Quidditch World Cup attraction (simulator? interactive?)
-Knight Bus (simulator)
-Ministry of Magic attraction
I also would really dig a Quidditch rollercoaster and a Knockturn Alley.
Though, I don't understand what people want to see in a MoM attraction, or what could be done with it :shrug:

I would love to see a hogwarts Express simulator that last about 30 min, and serves food. Just imagine sitting down and eating dinner to the sights of the Hogwarts Express route. I have know idea where it would fit hough.
A Hogwarts Express ride would be awesome too. If I was designing this, I would recreate a Diagon Alley and at the far end I'd have a train station with a real train, a Hogwarts Express replica, to transport us to Hogsmeade Village (the current WWoHP).

Shrieking shack would've been cool if it were included in FJ. It wouldn't make sense to have it on it's own considering you need the Womping Willow to get in.

I love the idea! But I think it's so far off into the future (I mean this has been planned for who knows who long, announced in 2007, opened in 2010) that any new attractions or shows would be far ahead of our concepts of technological breakthroughs.

Thats very true. I know for a fact that they were designing the castle in 2006, who knows about the actual ride, this stuff takes a long time to plan.

Shrieking shack would've been cool if it were included in FJ. It wouldn't make sense to have it on it's own considering you need the Womping Willow to get in.
I'd put it in Hogsmeade as a theme element, and a really nice one that would add a lot to Hogsmeade. But it could only be a moving facade. As we know, the Shrieking Shack is really just an old building that was the hiding place for Lupin when he was a young werewolf. It's not haunted or anything, so it's just cool to look at.

Thats very true. I know for a fact that they were designing the castle in 2006, who knows about the actual ride, this stuff takes a long time to plan.
Definitely. But who knows how long they've been planning an expansion ;-)

OK, here are a few of my ideas.

First: Gringott's Vault (indoor coaster) and of course it would have to have another Dragon AA since it is part of the story.

And I would love a Hogwarts' Express attraction using the same tech as the new King Kong attraction at Universal Hollywood. Where Dementors surround the train. And some new tech that can freeze the windows and such.

I would love Madame Padfoot's Tea Shop.

And Florean Fortescue's to replace the arabian ice cream place already in the LC.

Borgin and Burke's: I am thinking a 4-5 room highly detailed walk-thru. They were so successful with the Hogwarts walk-thru portion I think a short B&B's would be a cinch.

And a closed storefronts for Eeylops Owl Emporium and Magical Menagerie with several AAs in each window.

Madame Malkin's Robes for any occasions: With all the house robe they now have and a few selections of dress robes.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes: most of the same stuff at Zonko's.

Flourish and Blott's Book Sellers. A full blown bookstore.

And most of all, MOVE Ollivander's from its place in Hogsmeade to a new location in Diagon Ally with 3 show rooms.

I am sure I will think of more I will get back to ya.

I am sure I will think of more, I will write them later.

Great ideas, guys!

I really enjoy the Gringott's roller coaster idea. It would be awesome

But I really think they should build an "quidditch" attraction. Actually, I was dissapointed when I knew that the quidditch experience at FJ isn't very immervise. I mean... Quidditch is awesome and an attraction based on the game would be nice and thrilling. Maybe a coaster, or a simulator.

Do you remember when Wizarding World was announced and some fake pictures of the project leaked?

hpthemepark_quidditchrollercoaster_.jpg

hpthemepark_quidditchrollercoast-3.jpg

Something like that would be really, really, really nice!

I think Florean's would be a great idea!
My other favorites:
-Gringott's Coaster...everyone seems to adore this idea! Best of all, it would fit in with the DH movies/books.
-Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes...I love Fred and George, so it goes without saying that I'd hands down want this. Move all the pygmy puffs there (because that's where they actually belong) and sell things like "love potions" (soda or something in pretty bottles).
-Flourish and Blotts...this is what I want the most. They could sell The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, school books, Hogwarts: A History, the Daily Prophet, Quidditch Through the Ages, The Quibbler...I think it would be really cool.
-Madam Puddifoots
-Borgin and Burke's...they could have a little alleyway that leads to Knockturn Alley and have a bunch of storefronts, and then B&B with prop replicas from the movie.

I'll try and come up with some other ones...I'm currently re-reading the books, so maybe something else'll come to mind.

I love a lot of these ideas...

Specially the idea of the train ride with Hogwarts Express and the Gringots coaster :)

OOH, and what about the Weasley House??? Would love to meet Jeanny!! :))

Glad to see someone reads my stuff over at C23...haha

Anyway, I trust the guy who told me this. He knows his stuff. At this point I'd say it's a when and not an if.

The Ministry of Magic should be a large building where you can go to get out of the heat and watch the frog choir and Triwizard performers. I felt so bad for them(and me) out there in the heat, moping the sweat off. They should come up with other performances too, maybe the Twisted sisters. Someone could pop out of a fireplace and read off new decrees and paper airplane memos could be flying back and forth and of course they need more people walking around in character like the Train Conductor.

I think Florean's would be a great idea!
My other favorites:
-Gringott's Coaster...everyone seems to adore this idea! Best of all, it would fit in with the DH movies/books.
-Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes...I love Fred and George, so it goes without saying that I'd hands down want this. Move all the pygmy puffs there (because that's where they actually belong) and sell things like "love potions" (soda or something in pretty bottles).
-Flourish and Blotts...this is what I want the most. They could sell The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore, school books, Hogwarts: A History, the Daily Prophet, Quidditch Through the Ages, The Quibbler...I think it would be really cool.
-Madam Puddifoots
-Borgin and Burke's...they could have a little alleyway that leads to Knockturn Alley and have a bunch of storefronts, and then B&B with prop replicas from the movie.

I'll try and come up with some other ones...I'm currently re-reading the books, so maybe something else'll come to mind.

Love the idea, but I'm not sure this would really work. The only HP books available are the 7 in the series, Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Beedle. Sure, if Jo decided to write 10 or 20 more companion books, that would be AMAZING! But there's not enought books to have a store dedicated to it :shrug:

There are a lot of Potterverse related books out there that are not written by JKR, she just would have to approve what can be put into the bookstores, but most of these books have been written by fans already actually. Google them and you'll see.

There are a lot of Potterverse related books out there that are not written by JKR, she just would have to approve what can be put into the bookstores, but most of these books have been written by fans already actually. Google them and you'll see.

I know, I know. I own a couple too, but those woulnd't fit in and they would not be part of the authentic Wizarding World. Not that the books in the HP series would be, but I guess they'd be like non-fiction history books to the Wizarding world :p

We kind of already discussed this on the main WWoHP thread, but what the heck :p

I also mentioned it in this topic:

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...Eventually-Become-Part-Of-The-Wizarding-World

OK, here are a few of my ideas.

First: Gringott's Vault (indoor coaster) and of course it would have to have another Dragon AA since it is part of the story.

And I would love a Hogwarts' Express attraction using the same tech as the new King Kong attraction at Universal Hollywood. Where Dementors surround the train. And some new tech that can freeze the windows and such.

I would love Madame Padfoot's Tea Shop.

And Florean Fortescue's to replace the arabian ice cream place already in the LC.

Borgin and Burke's: I am thinking a 4-5 room highly detailed walk-thru. They were so successful with the Hogwarts walk-thru portion I think a short B&B's would be a cinch.

And a closed storefronts for Eeylops Owl Emporium and Magical Menagerie with several AAs in each window.

Madame Malkin's Robes for any occasions: With all the house robe they now have and a few selections of dress robes.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes: most of the same stuff at Zonko's.

Flourish and Blott's Book Sellers. A full blown bookstore.

And most of all, MOVE Ollivander's from its place in Hogsmeade to a new location in Diagon Ally with 3 show rooms.

I am sure I will think of more I will get back to ya.

I am sure I will think of more, I will write them later.

Okay, first off, I LOVE all these ideas, but the problem with the Hogwarts Express idea is that there is already a Hogwarts Express (by the HP entrance from TLC). It would still be neat! :thumbs:

Great ideas, guys!

I really enjoy the Gringott's roller coaster idea. It would be awesome

But I really think they should build an "quidditch" attraction. Actually, I was dissapointed when I knew that the quidditch experience at FJ isn't very immervise. I mean... Quidditch is awesome and an attraction based on the game would be nice and thrilling. Maybe a coaster, or a simulator.

Do you remember when Wizarding World was announced and some fake pictures of the project leaked?

hpthemepark_quidditchrollercoaster_.jpg

hpthemepark_quidditchrollercoast-3.jpg

Something like that would be really, really, really nice!

Whoa, I have never seen that before. It would be so cool!

I love a lot of these ideas...

Specially the idea of the train ride with Hogwarts Express and the Gringots coaster :)

OOH, and what about the Weasley House??? Would love to meet Jeanny!! :))

It would be neat to have the Burrow. Oh, and just a head's up, it's spelled Ginny, not Jeanny. :thumbs:

As for my ideas, I haven't thought of much yet, but I definitely like the Gringott's coaster idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.