Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wonders of Life to get "Selective Demolition”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
Epcyclopedia reported that a permit has been filed calling for “selective demolition” of the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Disney has filed a permit for “selective demolition” of the Wonders of Life pavilion. This essentially allows them to remove as little or as much as they like. Kimmins, however, is a major construction company from Tampa, suggesting this project is not a small modification. Kimmins in particular is known for their scrap metal salvage recycling and demolition work – the level of work that was similar to that done when Horizons was torn down and highly publicized by Disney’s own “Environmentality” staff.

It’s important to note that the Wonders of Life is a series of buildings, not a single building. It is the main dome, Body Wars, the support building which links them all together, and the Cranium Command theater. Any of these could be independently removed with little effect on the others. As it is now, Disney uses only the main dome for Food/Wine and Flower/Garden events along with VIP and cast areas of the support building.

What will become of Wonders? We’ll have to wait and see..

iBy7CsLo4M5gW.jpg

HEY HEY HEY, I get things done around here, remember I started the Soundstage 44 thread :happy:

I'm pretty sure if they actually agreed to build a new attraction there, they could round up enough people to demo it for free.

i honestly don't know my feelings here. like i don't have a bad feeling, but still not a good feeling.

i'd like there to be changes to that pavillion, but like nothing major like say the dome going away or something. there are much better uses, and maybe changing the look of the pavillion.

i honestly don't know my feelings here. like i don't have a bad feeling, but still not a good feeling.

i'd like there to be changes to that pavillion, but like nothing major like say the dome going away or something. there are much better uses, and maybe changing the look of the pavillion.
I don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of major changes. I'm almost positive that this permit is for the Disney Visa lounge that was announced today (which will be in WoL).

At this point Disney might as well sell Epcot to Simon Malls and let them have their way with it. Short story, my first visit to Epcot was in 1999 and the first building I went into was WoL. My first impression was "This is Epcot, the future of my dreams?... This dated piece of junk?" I went on the ride and thought, "that was a foul and vomit inducing attempt at an attraction". My last impression was, "this place is a dated piece of crap". The next day, I went to Islands of Adventure, for the first time. I wept in Port of Entry.

If I want classic, I will go to Rockefeller Center.

My guess is that they will tear out Body Wars to make more meeting/confrence rooms.

I remember when this pavillion opened, it was a pretty big deal, Body Wars was the first movie/motion simulator ride I had ever ridden. Funny that the pavilon it's basically just a meet and greet for adults now...ha ha.

Due to a very nice cast member I will tell you that this did not effect Cranium Command. I am not going of of his/hers word, I saw It with my own eyes. Tomorrow I will post a full report.

And it’s back in the news. I’m using this thread because the topics are pretty much the same beside the time difference. The above is good info to know in relation to the below.

Apparently, parts or all of WoL was recently deemed structurally unsound, including the Cranium Command theater. This was originally broken by WDW News Today with a follow up by @Wolfanbase, which is run by the same person who runs the account that broke the news on Buzzy (@dreamfinderguy).

However, this hasn’t been confirmed by permits yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.