Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Worlds of Fun

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been rumored and speculated that for the 50th anniversary of World's of Fun, the park would be investing in an all new rollercoaster. Speculation pointed to potentially a relocation of Dorney Park's planned Switchback, which would've been a Gravity Group project; but it has now since been discovered that GCI and Skyline are working on the attraction--as noticed with LinkedIn listings and interviews with members of GCI.

This is my home park, I don’t have my hopes too high for anything, considering our last coaster was more than a decade ago at this point. Happy to see it may not be a wooden coaster after all.

Should be intriguing to see if something comes, I'm totally fine with another GCI being added, though I kinda' hesitate with Skyline being involved since their track record hasn't been the best so far with anything big.

The world's first full scale hybrid Titan Track, will debut at World's of Fun as Zambezi Zinger!

Also, Spiral lift.

Out of all the CF additions announced, this one takes the cake for being the most off-the-wall. There have been cases of remade coasters, but nothing like this! Growing up I was able to ride the O.G. Zambezi Zinger, and it was one of my favorites. So I'm totally fine with GCI reimagining it, I think it'll make for a great family coaster and unlike Boomerang, it'll be a good replacement!