WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014 | Inside Universal Forums

WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could of sworn we already had a page for this somewhere???

Japan will open the second Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2014. It will be built between JP and Waterworld on a current parking lot.

Well at least that means their JAWS ride gets to live another day! Nice to see actual expansion instead of continual replacement...

Nothing at all.

You can't tell me that two more HP's opening, one across the country and another over seas, will have zero effect the attendence at the Orlando park at all.
Anyone who was planning a trip might be inclined to stay closer to home, the biggest factor for going to Orlando now is that a Disney visit could be added on, and wait for those to be finished.
And with HP 2 being worked on I wouldn't plan on visiting Orlando until that was done anyway.

I could of sworn we already had a page for this somewhere???

Sort of. Sideshow Mike posted about a Screamscape update regarding Potter going to Uni Japan on April 19.

WWOHP going to Japan? From Screamscape:

(4/19/12) A mysterious pecking sound at my window tonight revealed an interesting new development. According to a brief message, delivered by Owl-Mail… I’ve been told that before the year is over we may see the announcement of yet another Wizarding World of Harry Potter project. This time for Universal Studios Japan. This begs the question, what attraction(s) will Universal Japan have to remove to make room for the new Wizarding World?

You can't tell me that two more HP's opening, one across the country and another over seas, will have zero effect the attendence at the Orlando park at all.
Anyone who was planning a trip might be inclined to stay closer to home, the biggest factor for going to Orlando now is that a Disney visit could be added on, and wait for those to be finished.
And with HP 2 being worked on I wouldn't plan on visiting Orlando until that was done anyway.
If they build one in Britain, then I'll worry.

Yeah, but how many years until we see HP 2?

Takes me a while, but I am just now figuring out that JKR doesn't have as much control over the first four films as she does the final three. Warner Bros. seems to be entering into agreements with impunity. Perhaps the first WW only needed her public blessing. Did not WB sign the first 'film' contract for the first four books?

Disney has multiple parks with similar rides, and their attendance is still pretty high. There are still plenty of foregin tourists that come to Orlando every year.

That being said, I DO think it kind of diminishes the uniqueness of the park when two other rides are opening. Lets hope that Phase II adds that back to Orlando.

2014? That's a short time frame. I hear that's when that Mine Coaster is opening in Fantasy Land...ha ha.

By the time either of these open, WWoHP 2.0 will also be open. So you have the choice between staying at home for 1/2 the experience or traveling for the whole thing.

Still. Never been a fan of Attack of the Clones in the Theme Park biz, with Disney being the biggest offender. But I guess it makes sense. I just hope the attractions/lands are unique in some form, even if I may never go as far as Japan again to experience it.

Still. Never been a fan of Attack of the Clones in the Theme Park biz, with Disney being the biggest offender. But I guess it makes sense. I just hope the attractions/lands are unique in some form, even if I may never go as far as Japan again to experience it.

I find it funny that people pile on Disney for it. And now praise Universal for following in their footsteps.

Most people don't care whether attractions are cloned, and for a companies most popular attraction they have little choice but to clone them. Disney learned that lesson with Pirates at WDW. My big beef with Disney and cloning was when they opened DCA. They relied too heavily on WDW clones and off the shelf carnival rides.

you know, sometimes it's better to be kept in the dark when it comes to Disney. I had ridden Pirates in Disney World dozens of times, and have always been more then happy with it. Then I read that the Disneyland version is longer, and has TWO drops. THEN I read that originally an exclusive attraction was going to be build in Disney World, which may have surpassed Pirates in Disneyland, but it was later cancelled due to a rushed Pirates project.

Ignorance is indeed bliss.

Sorry, but it is kind of selfish and stupid to wish the next step not be better. Yeah, it sucks it could be in another country but it is awesome enough to just think an even more awesome experience could exist.