DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Back end of the land is pretty much still the same. I know people have mentioned it before, but the entire project looks way behind.

There’s a decent plot of land in-between Curious George and ET for something like that in the future.

What areas are by that plot of land? Trolls and Panda?

If I had to guess on a timeline, I'd say we're looking at Shrek/Trolls opening in time for Spring Break and Kung Fu Panda opening up around 4th of July.

For the front, Shreks House is mostly done, Trollercoaster is painted, and they're building the main play area now. Food carts shouldn't take that long to build and pavement/foliage can be done in a few days. As for the back, it looks like they're just starting and apparently that's the most ambitious part of the land.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I couldn't believe how close the back of Shrek's house hugged up against the entrance to ET Adventure. They have to be building a different entrance somewhere.

No, that’ll be a new show. Cat game goes where Barney retail used to be before it became Shrek meet and greet, I believe.
love that! as an admitted major fan of the new puss and boots/the new animation style and direction they’re taking with the strekverse, I love how engrained the movie is! Such a fun movie!

I think this land could be an awesome upgrade to the space!

No, that’ll be a new show. Cat game goes where Barney retail used to be before it became Shrek meet and greet, I believe.
Is the show still rumored to be Mama Luna centric?

Hmm. So if I'm remembering everything from the rumors, this land will have:
  • Trollercoaster (rethemed Woody Woodpecker Nuthouse Coaster)
  • A new large-scale play area based around Shreks Swamp
  • A new meet and greet location at Shreks House
  • A new show taking over the old Barney theatre
  • An interactive game based around Puss in Boots
  • A Trolls meet and greet
  • Two new food locations (not restaurants)
  • Turtle Talk but Kung Fu Panda (not sure what that means)
  • A Kung Fu Panda training academy (I'm assuming this is multiple interactive games)
For a "budget" land with no new rides, this sounds extremely well done! Definitely a lot better than what was there previously!

Just a theory, but Kang and Kudos will probably get moved here once Springfield closes as well. The park can't afford to lose it.

Last edited:
Just a theory, but Kang and Kudos will probably get moved here once Springfield closes as well. The park can't afford to lose it.
Move it to Dreamworks,

Or....

poketheme.900x.jpg

:lmao:

Simpsons is rumored to close next year, right? I'd imagine that Kang and Kudos goes down first (probably right after New Years) and gets moved to Kidzone in time for Spring Break. After it opens, then Springfield fully closes. That way the park doesn't lose two rides at once. Losing the Simpsons Ride will be bad enough.

• Wow
Simpsons is rumored to close next year, right? I'd imagine that Kang and Kudos goes down first (probably right after New Years) and gets moved to Kidzone in time for Spring Break. After it opens, then Springfield fully closes. That way the park doesn't lose two rides at once. Losing the Simpsons Ride will be bad enough.
People are now saying Simpsons could close as early as next year thru 2026. I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts