Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
I've always maintained that the land should have sections with fencing indicating a dino enclosure. Doesn't need to be an animatronic, or even a statue. Just have an "enclosure" with some dinosaur growls and sounds looping.

Unpopular opinion of course, but the addition of Velocicoaster has made the land's theme so much worse lol

Reactions: IndyRs and belloq87
I've always maintained that the land should have sections with fencing indicating a dino enclosure. Doesn't need to be an animatronic, or even a statue. Just have an "enclosure" with some dinosaur growls and sounds looping.

Unpopular opinion of course, but the addition of Velocicoaster has made the land's theme so much worse lol
I mean, Velocicoaster itself is exactly that, a large paddock in the middle of the land suggesting that it’s holding something dangerous. I don’t see how it destroys the theme of the land at all.

I’m fairly certain the land used to have a lot more electric fencing just off of the main path before Kong and Potter. Camp Jurassic still has some on the Thunder Falls side.

I mean, Velocicoaster itself is exactly that, a large paddock in the middle of the land suggesting that it’s holding something dangerous. I don’t see how it destroys the theme of the land at all.

I’m fairly certain the land used to have a lot more electric fencing just off of the main path before Kong and Potter. Camp Jurassic still has some on the Thunder Falls side.
I think I could have worded my post better - I mostly just miss the entire area feeling like a "jungle" lol

More electric fencing would be great. I'm sure it's been discussed, but Camp Jurassic is absolutely gorgeous and I hope it lives forever

VelociCoaster has been an unquestionable net positive for the park overall, but I personally miss the more pervasive jungle atmosphere a great deal. As I won't ride VelociCoaster, the impact of the attraction for me is the aesthetic changes to the land overall.
Yes, exactly this for me

Reactions: belloq87
VelociCoaster has been an unquestionable net positive for the park overall, but I personally miss the more pervasive jungle atmosphere a great deal. As I won't ride VelociCoaster, the impact of the attraction for me is the aesthetic changes to the land overall.
Interesting…I hadn’t even considered that point of view tbh. I always thought that stretch of JP (between River Adventure and Discovery Center) was actually kind of flat and lazy. Just a single pathway with some trees on the side. I like the dynamic visuals and kinetic energy VC gives that area, but I can see where people miss feeling a little more isolated from the “theme park stuff” back in the old days.

I can certainly understand missing the more jungle-y, isolated take on Jurassic Park that the Pre-Velocicoaster land had, but personally I love the new look. The huge imposing paddock theming, the incredible and equally imposing rockwork, the new Watch Tower looking over the land with the JP symbols on it, the tropical trees placed in well-thought out locations to keep the feel of being in the tropics, how well the new VC viewing area works next to the paddock themed entrance to Raptor Encounter, and the way the new ride incorporates the existing Discovery Center makes the land just a ton better imo. As others have stated, the Jungle/Tropical atmosphere is still in full force over inside of the beautiful Camp Cretacious, and Imo one of my biggest personal worries turned out to be nothing with the Port of Entry view towards the Discovery Center not being blocked at all, and with the new Watchtower I believe the view to be improved from that direction.

Imo one of my biggest personal worries turned out to be nothing with the Port of Entry view towards the Discovery Center not being blocked at all, and with the new Watchtower I believe the view to be improved from that direction.
The view is certainly fine, and nowhere near as bad as I feared it would be...

... but I much prefer the original version. I don't love the big, industrial structure to the left that looks like it really should be back-of-house (though, yes, I do appreciate that they tried to theme it a bit with the watchtower).

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Yup. Although this is first time I remember them actually giving a set time instead of random.

The eggs have come and go since COVID. They definitely need to update some of the games there.
Took shelter in here during a downpour and got to try all the games, the eggs and game show games are fun but the rest could use some work. One of those attractions that I’m really happy exists even though I don’t do it every time, if that makes sense. Adds a lot to the JP area as a whole.