Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
On another note:
How neat would it be if they built a Indominus Rex animatronic to pop out of bushes or at least peek at people though them and you could hear a low growl through speakers.
Animatronic may be out of question if it's outdoors. So a fixed statue that they can move?

I mean they've had the T-Trex & Spinosaur static photo-op figures within JP (paired with a vehicle), so it wouldn't be anything "new" or impossible.

However, I believe it's Japan that has (had?) the "pop out attack" photo-op experience. It's more "puppet" than animatronic though.

Reactions: IndyRs
On another note:
How neat would it be if they built a Indominus Rex animatronic to pop out of bushes or at least peek at people though them and you could hear a low growl through speakers.
Animatronic may be out of question if it's outdoors. So a fixed statue that they can move?

I'm confused. Isn't this what literally happens during the ride?

I'm confused. Isn't this what literally happens during the ride?
I believe they're talking about this but with an AA instead of a statue on the guests path, not while on the ride.

8F1F09C2-75D5-4CC7-BD4B-783E14FE0000-scaled.jpeg

I’ll be at the park in two weeks so I just looked up a recent POV so I can know what sort of maintenance state to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised!

Ultrasaur wasn’t shaky, the walls in the raptor area look like they got some fresh paint and no longer have the rust stains, and the first raptor on the lift actually runs forward again, which I haven’t seen happen in a long time. Everything else just seemed very polished. The hadrosaurs were both missing but hopefully that’s just temporary!

Here’s to hoping the park can keep it looking like this for two more weeks lol

I’ll be at the park in two weeks so I just looked up a recent POV so I can know what sort of maintenance state to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised!

Ultrasaur wasn’t shaky, the walls in the raptor area look like they got some fresh paint and no longer have the rust stains, and the first raptor on the lift actually runs forward again, which I haven’t seen happen in a long time. Everything else just seemed very polished. The hadrosaurs were both missing but hopefully that’s just temporary!

Here’s to hoping the park can keep it looking like this for two more weeks lol
I rode it for the first time in probably 9 years and it looked really good. Everyone liked the ride and we went to go back on it but it had broken down. But it looked good.

I think the first hadrosaur (the one on the left) is totally gone and there is nothing in that pit (at least I couldn't see anything) so they are definitely working on fixing that one. The 2nd one is still sitting down underwater though (you can faintly see it, kinda creepy actually), just not moving.

Just rode yesterday and here’s my trip report!

- Ultrasaur wasn’t putting its head all the way up. It would go maybe 3/4 of the way and then slowly come down without fully extending its neck. Not as impressive but it eliminates the shaking which is a win. Also it could use some new skin, it was peeling quite a bit along the back!
- Stegos were looking great!
- Both hadrosaurs were MIA. The first one was missing entirely with an empty pit. The second one was there, just sitting still underwater… menacingly!
- Raptor containment looked good, clean and spruced up with some fresh paint. The compys were rocking a new yellow color-scheme, but seemed to be moving slower than normal.
- Raptor #1 was in good condition. Ran forward and seemed to have full motion. The trigger was slightly delayed but still good enough.
- Raptor #2 needed a day off. Stuck in the upright position and barely moving. It had some pretty bad skin rips and its claw seemed to be stuck behind its head!
- The Dilos looked great. It looked like some work was done on their frills during the recent refurb, as they seemed extra snappy.
- Rexy was pretty good, but not great. She was fully extended outwards and the fog effect seemed to be broken, so we could see her just sitting there before her show-light turned on. When she started moving, it looked like the motion that brings her head up was broken. She kept her head a lot lower than usual, which made the drop a bit more thrilling, as she felt closer even though she wasn’t. Her head motion felt a bit more similar to how Hollywood’s used to be, with her head down and hovering over the boat, rather than bringing it all the way up, and slowly starting to come down before the drop like usual.

Overall pretty good, but I’ve seen it better. I do feel like certain elements are starting to show their age even when working, like the Psittacosaurs and the Compys looking more like Spirit Halloween dinosaurs than universal ones with the how ‘rubbery’ they are

Still one of my favorites and always a pleasure to ride!

Ultrasaur wasn’t putting its head all the way up. It would go maybe 3/4 of the way and then slowly come down without fully extending its neck. Also it could use some new skin, it was peeling quite a bit along the back!
she's old. Leave her alone. Just wait until you reach her age. Everything is broken & the best skincare routine can't save you.

Does anyone know if River Adventure is having issues right now? I've been seeing the app say that JPRA is closed since Monday and my trip starts today so I'm trying to figure out if it'll be open.

Does anyone know if River Adventure is having issues right now? I've been seeing the app say that JPRA is closed since Monday and my trip starts today so I'm trying to figure out if it'll be open.
As you said, it's been closed since March 17 — and it was dealing with higher-than-average downtime for a few weeks before that (according to Thrill-Data). I don't know what the problem is, but there's certainly something going on.