The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So themeparkfan, it sounds like that may be the answer to the wand dilemma. If the shopkeepers are trained well enough, they can make the wand purchasing experience mirror the Ollivanders experience, minus the special effects. I think that should appease a lot of people, esp. the little kids. You end up with "your special wand". Sounds good to me.

I do believe that would appease my boys if they still got to feel like the wand chose them even without the special effects. That would be better then just picking up a wand off the shelf that would have no special feel to it. just another purchase.

A couple last points and I'll go back to being a wall flower. I would never want to take the wand experience over a youth, no matter how much I would it myself a child comes first! I won't be crying in my butterbeer if I don't get a wand that chooses me. Disappointed, yes but not distraught.

I know I will still enjoy myself at WWoHP, despite any disappointments, I'm going to have fun no matter what.

Not sure if anyone has seen this... But this guys says he went to TM previews and found out opening date for FJ but could not say, however, if you wait till the end of the video there are "outtakes" and he says "Yes i can!, opening date is this sunday!" So maybe FJ opens to TMs tommorow? or am i getting the wrong message.. lol

Edit: here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9LXLE7QDc

Last edited:
I'm 6'4" 300 pounds and I always ride the big seats on the hulk because I don't want the trouble of trying to close the other ones. I'm seriously getting a little nervous that I won't be able to ride FJ. There is no weight capacity according to SYTYK, so I don't undertstand why UO would make seats that are tight, it will just hold up the line with big guys trying to get on and them trying to close the seats on a magic carpet.

UO REALLY dropped the ball on this one, insanely huge, and Guest Services will definately hear it if I'm not able to ride it.

I'm 6'4" 300 pounds and I always ride the big seats on the hulk because I don't want the trouble of trying to close the other ones. I'm seriously getting a little nervous that I won't be able to ride FJ. There is no weight capacity according to SYTYK, so I don't undertstand why UO would make seats that are tight, it will just hold up the line with big guys trying to get on and them trying to close the seats on a magic carpet.

UO REALLY dropped the ball on this one, insanely huge, and Guest Services will definately hear it if I'm not able to ride it.

Take a flexible tape measure around your chest....52-54 inches I think should be okay

Not sure if anyone has seen this... But this guys says he went to TM previews and found out opening date for FJ but could not say, however, if you wait till the end of the video there are "outtakes" and he says "Yes i can!, opening date is this sunday!" So maybe FJ opens to TMs tommorow? or am i getting the wrong message.. lol

Edit: here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9LXLE7QDc

Hmmm... I wonder if he still has a job after posting that video online.

There is no weight capacity according to SYTYK, so I don't undertstand why UO would make seats that are tight, it will just hold up the line with big guys trying to get on and them trying to close the seats on a magic carpet.

Everything has a weight limit. I believe the seat designs ARE the weight "limiter" and a cool method instead of weighing people, yet it will be disappointing to those that cannot fit.

Last edited:
when they do soft open I hope and don't think it will open with the park. i liked how they did it with rockit. they waited til an hour before the park was closed and opened it up for everyone hanging around who figured out what was going on.

and then I was able to sleep in the next day and arrive around noon and it was just opening up lol

he said he plans to be the first person to ever ride FJ, even though Emma and co already rode it. So.. maybe he's not as in the know as he thinks? Plus if he's not allowed to say when it opens, why the eff would he include that in the outtakes :lol:

Plus he's probably still hung-over from being the "first ever person to get drunk on Hogshead brew." So who knows if he knows what he's talking about.

Teebin I was joking around with you because heck locals will go every day if they can & just wait around. It's just me basically saying don't waste your time sitting around all day hoping the gates will swing open for you.

As far as the video goes the guys is either a complete douche or still drunk you tell me? (or both?) Yes he had the mug & pumpkin juice but is there any poof he's an actual TM? Because really he could have got all of that from a friend & if he really is a TM I'd hope he gets fired after posting this. He's obviously NOT in the know & is just an idiot who wants more subscribers by saying he knows things.

Safety and Health

It's not acceptable or healthy to be 300lbs. If you can't take care of your body and your health you shouldn't expect other businesses to accommodate you. Plus with the way the ride moves its probably not safe to have something so heavy push against the restraint system during sudden movements.

Thanks, I feel bad that I have let my children down but assumed as Universal had already started selling packages from 28th May that it would be open. The flights from the UK are really expensive and the longer you wait the more they increase in price.

Sorry this was in reply to zbob1992 but I am new to this and dont know how to put the post in:-X

Last edited:
Nice first post Luke, the regulars are going to LOVE you.

For the record I'm 5'7 an 180 lbs..maybe 20 pounds over my ideal weight. Anywho I kinda feel sorry for all the board members that are this excited to the point that they are on a message board following the updates, and may not even be able to ride the damn thing.

Finally about the video...opening tomorrow? Hmmmm....

rhino I want to say it again the guy is full of it it's not opening tomorrow was there talk about it opening tomorrow to start with? Hmmm good question & one I won't be answering :)

Maybe next Sunday then?

Maybe? but like I have said Uni is changing their mind on a day for soft maybe not every hr. but they are taking it on a day to day basis on everything from when to open for soft? to when FJ will be ready? to if public will get in the same day with package folks? & everything in between. Do they want it open already of coarse but things have to be perfect or at least near perfect & signed, sealed, & delivered before it's ours to get in to & even than who knows when we will be able to ride FJ?

Last edited: