The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think there's probably some kind of setup where if the ride goes 101 then all of the vehicles go a certain position and allow the guests to get off more easily. This is barring any complete power down of all of the systems (and I'm guessing there would be a backup of such systems)

This post brought me right out of lurkdome....

Thank you for saying this!!!

There are a BUNCH of disabilities that may require someone to be in a wheelchair in the queue and still be able to ride. Someone with a spinal cord injury that is low enough to not be able to walk at all could still possibly be able to transfer from a wheelchair on to the ride and enjoy it like the rest of us.

Evacuation of a disabled person would take some time, though, I would imagine.

--- Update ---

Since I am out of lurkdome...can I ask a question? You guys seem to be in the know.

We have a family that is going on a Make a Wish trip BEFORE the Grand Opening, but I am hoping they will be having softs by then...

Can a TM tell me (or PM me, if I can get PM's yet?) how the Wish Families will get through the queue? They will have a specially issued card that should act as an express pass to all rides - and many of them simply can't wait in the regular queue - but will it even be possible for them to ride?

Some of these kids won't ever be back.

I participate in another forum where we have hundreds of Wish Families discussing trips, so any help you could give me would be great, I can pass the info on to the Wish Families.

Visit guest services when you get in the park and they'll issue your party a card that will cater to the needs of the kids :) you'll probably be given the one that works as an express pass (just a guess) hope you all have fun!

Ride still down...I went through the queue then left

:lol:

Wow the backlash, I'm sorry if it came out harsh, that was not my intention, just saying if the ride is so sensitive to breakdowns easily I was wondering how the loading of handicap people would effect the ride.

And when I mean why would they ride this, 90% of handicaps are elderly people in the wheelchairs,that was my thought process on why an old person would get on a ride that has the rumored g forces this thing has.

It is all good. :)

yep, that was what I was thinking... all TM's get a PRE today! We will give you the VIEW another time...

I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the time.

Maybe the purpose of this preview was: TM preview + evac drill, and at night there will be another TM preview as well? :shrug: All this is a total :shrug: right now...

maroo I'm sure Universal will make special arrangements for the Make-A-Wish guest, but I'd recommend giving them a call and requesting to visit the WWoHP specifically.

:bang: No!! :'( Come on Uni! get it together! Hurry it up! Get em people on the ride!

Last edited:
Visit guest services when you get in the park and they'll issue your party a card that will cater to the needs of the kids :) you'll probably be given the one that works as an express pass (just a guess) hope you all have fun!

Thank you for your help. :)

I am not actually part of the party that is going - I just help them plan their trips.

They get a card at GKTW (Give Kids the World) which is the resort where the Wish Families stay...so I guess they just use that one.

But if there is no express entrance then I assume they would not really be able to ride?

I guess we will see when they get there...I think one of the families has some major Harry Potter fans, so I am sure they will try really hard to be able to ride, etc.

Thanks for the help! :)

*going back to lurking* :)

ETA: I guess I should tell them to call? Or just wait till they get there and find a TM?

I'm praying for more word on tommorow. I'm either going tommorow or Saturday and I'm praying for tommorow. :pray:

Giant you need to let me know if us big guys can get on, I'm 6'4" 300, 54/56 inch chest.

Did you get a green light on the test chair?

:dance:

very sad that the ride only lasted for an hour before breaking down..that doesnt make me feel very good about the chances of softs tomorrow.

I wonder if TMs working in the park right now are taking their lunch break to run over and try to ride, :lol:

I just want to touch on the "if the ride lives to the hype" concern. The only people hyping up the ride from what I see is us. Universal has been quiet about the ride as far as what I have read and like I said, we are the only ones expecting the ride to be better than sex. I personally am not setting myself up for anticipointment and just going into the whole thing blind so to speak and with no expectations other than enjoy the new sights sounds and thrills!

Universal has called this ride the next generation in ride technology. If that is not hyping it up, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
I wonder if TMs working in the park right now are taking their lunch break to run over and try to ride, :lol:

:)

If they do open up tomorrow, I can imagine that they really have this evening preview, so they dayshift can experience the ride.

Maroo, If they do not have the express line open for express passes it will more than likely be open for guests needing special assistance....I think they are required to keep it open for that purpose:)

Vyrus, sorry to say I did not fit, or else I would still be in line hehe...sorry to say your dimensions are close to mine so its quite possible you wont fit either. :(

? Universal calls the ride "game changing" and uses technology that will revolutionize rides. Yes, we have fueled the fire but Uni has definetly hyped the ride up

I just want to touch on the "if the ride lives to the hype" concern. The only people hyping up the ride from what I see is us. Universal has been quiet about the ride as far as what I have read and like I said, we are the only ones expecting the ride to be better than sex. I personally am not setting myself up for anticipointment and just going into the whole thing blind so to speak and with no expectations other than enjoy the new sights sounds and thrills!

That should be the first review :lol: "FJ better than sex #WWOHP"

Honestly, we just all have expectations and they are enormous and most of them are completely unfounded because Universal has told us NOTHING. But I know how I like my theme park attractions. And if the queue is anything to go by, this should exceed all of them.

Maroo, If they do not have the express line open for express passes it will more than likely be open for guests needing special assistance....I think they are required to keep it open for that purpose:)

Vyrus, sorry to say I did not fit, or else I would still be in line hehe...sorry to say your dimensions are close to mine so its quite possible you wont fit either. :(

I'm doing 300 situps tonight and starving myself, I'm riding this thing no matter what!