The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 428 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just checked into the Royal Pacific and did not receive the letter with instructions for the morning previews and there was no mention of it by the person checking me in. It's possible the "on-site guests" rumor was false?

Umm, were you passive about the situation? I would at the very least be asking about preview for on-site guests.

those pictures are awesome. I love that guests are finally coming into the island, it makes me really happy just like viola said earlier.

As far as hotel people getting in, yes. In fact most of the people today were not package people from what I saw and heard. Oh, and yes the 8-10am thing is true however no one was really kicked out right away and the shops stayed open until everyone was finished. I dont know what time that was but it was a little after 11. Only a few were still there at 11 but they were not being like dragged out haha.

Felipe, have fun! Lol, its like a wheres waldo game with the FIND ME. Thats funny.

Didnt reports from yesturday say that the lights went down when the ride did? I wonder if they did again. Im also wondering why they kicked everyone out of the line when it broke down.

Umm, were you passive about the situation? I would at the very least be asking about preview for on-site guests.

I was not, I asked if my key also gave me the early park admission for the previews and they acted like they didn't hear me and said well both parks open at 9 :/ I'll be checking with the concierge but wanted to let ppl know it's obviously not automatic unless I had a new person who's unaware but I doubt this.

Holy crap, I wonder if this is all "legit"

Red Gryffindor Shirt with sequins $36.95
Golden Snitch $14.95
Ollivander Wand (Birthday Wand) $28.95
Crest Patches $6.95 each
Hermione’s Wand $24.95
Harry’s Wand $24.95
Snape’s Wand $24.95
Hedwig Pillow $17.95
Sneakoscope $14.95
Light-Up Goblet of Fire $24.95
Hedwig Mug $16.95
House Seals with Wax Sticks $18.95 each
Owl Hat $19.95
Quibbler Spectaspecs $6.95
Postcards $0.55/each
Hogwarts/Owl Postage 10 Stamp sets $12.95/each
Buckbeak Plush $21.95
Crookshanks Plush $24.95
Fawkes Phoenix Plush $24.95
Hedwig Puppet w/sound $29.95
Gryffindor Lanyard $7.95
Gryffindor Crest Banner $22.95
Expecto Patronum Shirt $28.95
Crookshanks/Scabber Sliding Pin $12.95
Ministry of Magic pin $9.95
Buckbeak sliding pin $12.95
Fang Pin $8.95
Firebolt Pin $10.95
Common Welsh Green Dragon Pin $9.95
Swedish Short Snout Dragon Pin $9.95
Chinese Fireball Dragon Pin $10.95
Hungarian Horntail Dragon Pin $10.95
Harry/Hedwig motion pin $9.95
Hedwig pin with moving wings $12.95
House Crest Pins (4 total) $9.95
Slytherin Perfect Pin $7.95
Gryffindor Hat $21.95
Golden Snitch pin $9.95
Chocolate Frog/with Lenticular Card $9.95
Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans $9.95
Pumpkin Juice $5.25
Butterbeer w/cup $8.50

More to come tomorrow because I couldn’t carry anymore!

I was not, I asked if my key also gave me the early park admission for the previews and they acted like they didn't hear me and said well both parks open at 9 :/ I'll be checking with the concierge but wanted to let ppl know it's obviously not automatic unless I had a new person who's unaware but I doubt this.

When we called to cancel one of our on-site nights (not package) yesterday the person on the phone had to look it up before confirming that we did indeed get access at 8am with our room key. It sounds like it's a very new policy so it's entirely likely that the person who checked you in hadn't heard about it yet. I'd say that you were told over the phone that you would get access to IoA with a Wizarding World preview at 8am with your room key and wanted to confirm this - I don't anticipate it being a problem!

Just got back to my hotel from the parks, I managed to get into the preview on a technicality, even though I am not a package holder or staying on-site. To use the words of Viola Player, "I just died" when I found myself being ushered towards the open gates. I was able to experience ollivanders, buy some merchandise and ride FOTH and rent a locker for FJ before it broke down.
Will post more details after I check through the past few pages to make sure i'm not repeating anything, also I took a lot of pictures however can't upload due to being at a hotel without my usb phone camera wire :/

Please ignore this, double post sorry!

Last edited:
First I wanted to admit I skipped a bunch of pages but I know whats out there & glad everyone is enjoying it but videos I'm staying away from & limiting my pic intake.

If only I would have stayed up another hr. I would have saved myself a trip but oh well I have a few notes (on & off topic) but first I want to say thank you to the members I chatted with today you made the time fly by & it was nice to meet you. Ok a few things & sorry if they've been said.

You prob. know any non package folk were stopped just pass the temp bridge not being able to get anywhere near the gate. They were spouse to clear them out at 10 by everyone wasn't out by 11:30 noonish

I walked the Dragons queue no music while I was there but the signs look great & with the new wall arrangement you can see a bit more through cracks (not that it matters anymore) The TM in the queue was also letting people take pictures as long as they were not reaching over the wall (again not that it matters anymore)

Last OT they are def. putting in another JP gate right after the temp bridge the cement blocks are in place. It may not be as nice as the other gates but at least they are trying to save JP a bit.

Ok carry on carry on & for those pass holders who want to throw fits get a life because in the long run Universal knows they will still get your money even if they don't give us a preview so let's just deal with it & keep the whining to yourself because guest service doesn't want to hear it & shouldn't really have to since even though we should get something we were never promised anything.

When we called to cancel one of our on-site nights (not package) yesterday the person on the phone had to look it up before confirming that we did indeed get access at 8am with our room key. It sounds like it's a very new policy so it's entirely likely that the person who checked you in hadn't heard about it yet. I'd say that you were told over the phone that you would get access to IoA with a Wizarding World preview at 8am with your room key and wanted to confirm this - I don't anticipate it being a problem!

Thanks for the help, I plan on trying again when I get back but I was just trying to see if anyone else has had this same "problem". What you experienced on the phone now makes me think the person I talked to didn't know yet then

I would like to know how much a Sirius Black wand would be? Could some one keep an eye out for me if possible please.