The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 640 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I'm very hopeful about going to the WWoHP! My Mom says that if she has a job by October (the time we would go) that she will take me and my family. My parents have AAA, and we're Florida residents. Guys, wish my Mom luck, I really wanna go (and she needs a job soon lol).

On the note of the review, I think that guy had unrealistic expectations. Plus, I don't think he saw everything. If he hadn't had the darn publicist rushing him around, maybe he would have truly experienced the magic... Plus, he's misleading people into thinking certain things that I won't mention here... He's just an idiot, plain and simple. I'm surprised he didn't complain about not being able to watch a real live quidditch game outside with live actors on real flying brooms...

Good luck, Frogki, fingers crossed for ya :)
He probably was surprised about the lack of real quidditch games haha.

Good luck, Frogki, fingers crossed for ya :)
He probably was surprised about the lack of real quidditch games haha.

His review REALLY annoyed me, because it not only mislead people, it came from the view of someone who, from what I gather from the review, has absolutely NO imagination, and therefore, did not have any fun in the park... And thank you, I'm very hopeful, this is a world I have dreamed of since I was 6.

His review REALLY annoyed me, because it not only mislead people, it came from the view of someone who, from what I gather from the review, has absolutely NO imagination, and therefore, did not have any fun in the park... And thank you, I'm very hopeful, this is a world I have dreamed of since I was 6.

Yeah, I feel like a lot of the comment responses were made by assumptions of the park through the article, and that writer may have ruined it for others. And the misinformation spreads like wildfire...

Yeah, I feel like a lot of the comment responses were made by assumptions of the park through the article, and that writer may have ruined it for others. And the misinformation spreads like wildfire...

Well, I know I'll love it no matter what. (Although, at first, I was apprehensive, because as everyone here should well know now, Harry Potter fans are VERY critical. If it had one thing that didn't belong or seemed like a cheesy type of deal, I would have passed on this attraction xD) That's the important thing, is I know I'll love it when I experience it.

SleepyBeagle, I would appreciate it if you posted that on youtube. I live in St. Petersburg, right next to Tampa, so I can't watch it. If you can't do it, then that's fine. I don't want to make it seem that all of us and myself are forcing you to post it.

The special was decent, and it went much more in depth than the NBC special. I will say that the two news anchors that did the special were probably the worst they could of picked in central Florida. The one guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and the lady seemed less than amused. The info they provided was neat but it was also nothing new. If anything it probably interested the locals who didn't know much about it.

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

The special was decent, and it went much more in depth than the NBC special. I will say that the two news anchors that did the special were probably the worst they could of picked in central Florida. The one guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and the lady seemed less than amused. The info they provided was neat but it was also nothing new. If anything it probably interested the locals who didn't know much about it.

The NBC special, would that have been News 2 WESH? We don't live in Florida and we spent all of our time in the parks so we didn't watch any tv while there. Did they show a little girl saying it was her birthday and her brother's and her sisters? The lady (dressed in black and white) interviewed my children and said she wanted to feature them, follow us around a bit. They did this on the 17th. I told them I didn't mind but we only had 3 hrs total in the WWOHP that day and it was our first day there. Not sure how much they would have filmed as we sort of didn't slow down for them.

Is this available on line somewhere? I keep checking the WESH website but havent found it yet.

Also there were about 4 different crews in Olivanders when my daughter was picked for the wand experience. No idea where to find those clips. I did hear that one crew was from Brazil.

Fair warning, this got a tiny bit long. Sorry for that. I will be posting photos from WWOHP this weekend, hopefully! Some great ones of Hogwarts and Hogsmeade at night too!

So this is a few days delayed, but a quick report about WWOHP from this past Tuesday. I stayed with a visiting friend at their hotel near Wet N' Wild and we arrived around 7:30 to the IOA gate. By 7:45ish, we were waiting in JP around the pizza place. Once we'd arrived, a friend and I left our other friend in line and went to grab breakfast from Cinnabon at the front of the park and we were back around 8:30ish. We had enough time to sit down and eat, then wash our hands at the adjacent restrooms before they let us in at 9am. Honestly? It felt like no time at all. Perhaps it was the company I kept, but all the same. We hit up FJ first and what was said to be a 70 minute wait was probably fifty minutes - or less! The most time we spent waiting was in the greenhouse and we strolled through the rest of it, more or less. You're so interested in watching everything, once you're in, you're amazed. FJ was glitch-less and perfect. We were let out into Filch's and looked around. In just a few weeks it's amazing how much merch isn't there anymore. I later noticed in the other stores as well.

Once off FJ, we strolled into an hour long line for Ollivander's, leaving one person in line to wait while we got butterbeer for all of us. I tried my first frozen butterbeer and was completely let down. It was good, sure. But it wasn't as amazing as regular. I'm a purist through and through! Besides, it LOOKS better and I'm all for aesthetics. Anyway, once we got back, it was nearly our turn since the butterbeer line took about 20-25 minutes roughly and we'd decided mid-line for Ollivander's to go grab some. When we got back, the conductor came up to us in line and started talking about them with us, said that some people preferred frozen, others not frozen - just like some people preferred the Firebolt, others the Nimbus 2000. I teased him and told him he looked like a Clean Sweep sort of guy. He leaned in and slyly said that he may or may have not ridden one when he himself was a student at Hogwarts. It was perfect. Two of us - the locals - made a plan that if we got picked, we'd try to push it off from a friend who was from a land next to the land down under before heading in. I was certain a little boy who was dead center going to be it. But it wasn't - it was me. Attempting to go along with it ("You know, it wasn't me, but you're close. I did, however, bring my friend along all the way from SUCHANDSUCHPLACE to get his") and was told "it is not yet his time, it is your time." The experience was even better than the last because I got to share it with people I know. No wand purchase, but I was interviewed by a reporter afterward too! Pretty cool!

After Ollivanders, we went into Owl Post and Dervish and Banges, looking around. All the stores were cramped, but I didn't care really. I was happy as all get up and I'm usually a positive person so it didn't bother me that much. After D&B, we hit up Zonkos and Honeydukes where I purchased a t-shirt and a friend bought a chocolate frog. Once we'd shopped, we went to Dragons where I held the bags since a friend had purchased wands and quite frankly, I'd done the rides a few weeks before during softs. We hit up another round of butterbeer, visited Myrtle, checked out the Hogwarts Express, and departed for other parts of the park around midday and Uni in the later afternoon (my first go on Rock-It - it malfunctioned!). We returned to WWOHP in the evening for a go on the Hippogriff, one last butterbeer while sitting in the Hogs, then wandering and photographing the streets of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, and generally feeling the magic of the place. Needless to say, Id didn't want to leave.

I think, for now, I'm done with trying to get to WWOHP for the recent time being. Just a few months and the tourists will be gone and the lines will be more reasonable. At least, fingers crossed! I will probably find some way back, admittedly, if only to just soak up the ambiance and drink butterbeer between now and then. I know myself better than that!

Reactions: mantaguy
They won't dump the jager in the butter beer, but the will give you the smaller amount of butterbeer in a larger cup so you can drop your shot in :) Not all the bartenders will do it, but I believe all of them that I've encountered know what it is.

I wonder if they'll do a Weasley Car Bomb? :lol: instead of Irish Car Bomb...:look:

A small serving of Butterbeer, drop in a shot class of Jamison and Baileys and chug......hmmm, gotta remember that little idea I just came up with :lol:

For those who were interested, the Local 6 special is up on their website at this link : http://www.clickorlando.com/video/24031834/index.html

It IS better than the NBC special so far.

--- Update ---

Steven Jayson (the chef) got a lot of air time! He seems happy.

--- Update ---

It's bugging me how many different news channels are calling it Hogswart xD

Yeah, but we did see some cool stuff. I hadn't seen the robes yet... I hope they lower the price by the time I go, those aren't the cheapy Halloween costume robes, those look authentic... But anyway, yes, it does show quite a bit more than the NBC special...

I agree, the news people ruined it for me. I thought they were cheesy and well dumb :) Of course I don't like most of the news people in Orlando and they managed to pick the worse of the worse. But it did show the whole park. My other complaint was it jumped around a lot. It would go back and forth to different parts of the park and even come back to the same part again sometimes. It was produced in a strange way.