The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
What I think that you all don't realize is that Universal is putting this off for a legitimate reason. I mean, they painted Dragon Challenge before WWoHP opened, so it's not that big of a deal. Perhaps Disney might have a sort of limit to what they can actually do to Marvel Superhero Island, or whatever else the case might be. Universal knows this is a problem, and I believe they are either waiting to approve a complete refurb of the attraction to add some new elements to it, or just being limited by the Disney contract. They have the money, so that's out of the question. We'll just wait and see. I hate to see one of my kids so rusty, but I know it won't be long before something happens.

What I think that you all don't realize is that Universal is putting this off for a legitimate reason. I mean, they painted Dragon Challenge before WWoHP opened, so it's not that big of a deal. Perhaps Disney might have a sort of limit to what they can actually do to Marvel Superhero Island, or whatever else the case might be. Universal knows this is a problem, and I believe they are either waiting to approve a complete refurb of the attraction to add some new elements to it, or just being limited by the Disney contract. They have the money, so that's out of the question. We'll just wait and see. I hate to see one of my kids so rusty, but I know it won't be long before something happens.

No they didn't. I wish they did though haha. As for the Disney contract, Uni is allowed to do upkeep, just not add anything new.

It could be that they want to do an upgrade along with the refurb. I wonder if they wanted to add new FXs, would they need to negotiate with Disney? Maybe that is why Universal is waiting.

@Manta, yeah, I'm pretty sure they did, lol. It was a couple years before reopening, but it was painted.

@Disneyhead, I'm honestly hoping for a badder Hulk. I just hope Disney lets it happen. They obviously just bought it for merchandise, the possibility of having something in the future, and a blatant slap to Universal's face, imho.

Oh I thought you meant right before reopening and different colors. Nevermind then.

You and I both know how much I want that to happen, haha!

But also, I think Universal would be far off in closing Hulk and adding new effects (light-up cars, anyone?) and maybe some theming in the back area. I've always thought it would be cool to theme the back area into a sort of industrial zone wherein you're constantly surrounded by near-misses. It would work out so well. Maybe even a new storyline could come into play as you're about to launch: you slow down and to your right is a musion effect of Dr. Banner in a frenzy trying to stop you and then you see him in the starting stages of turning into the Hulk.

Someone should shut me up every time I start rambling about improving rides or making new ones, sheesh. :|

Just to get back on track and quote about the Disney-Marvel thing,

They added lighting inside the gamma ray WHILE Disney has the Marvel rights. So they can still do whatever they want to Hulk and not have the Marvel-Disney contract disrup their plans.

Maybe you guys aren't far off. I don't remember the specifics, but weren't there some posts on Screamscape or elsewhere a while back that the Hulk could be receiving some Rockit-esque upgrades, meaning LED lights on the trains and on-board audio? I know it was a while back, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see something like that happen. Besides, it makes no sense for Universal to agree to this story if all they're going to say is "We're repainting a ride."

Maybe you guys aren't far off. I don't remember the specifics, but weren't there some posts on Screamscape or elsewhere a while back that the Hulk could be receiving some Rockit-esque upgrades, meaning LED lights on the trains and on-board audio? I know it was a while back, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see something like that happen. Besides, it makes no sense for Universal to agree to this story if all they're going to say is "We're repainting a ride."

Here is that article from Screamscape:

While most of the attention at Universal’s Islands of Adventure park has been focused on the Wizarding World lately, they did take the time to spruce up several other park attractions as well. Unfortunately, as this article points out, the Incredible Hulk coaster was the one high profile ride that apparently was left-off the list of things to be spruced up. On top of looking a bit ulgy, the ride is apparently rubbing some fans the wrong way with a rougher than normal ride experience as well.
All is not lost however, as I have heard a few rumors being tossed around Universal campus claiming that there may be plans afoot to take what Universal has learned from the Hollywood Rockit and Hollywood Dream coasters (onboard lights & sounds system) and may apply it towards building some new themed trains packed with lights and sounds to take the Hulk to the next level. Cross your fingers…

Last edited:
Well the Rockit/Dream style coaster cars have been in the works for quite a while. Remember Hulk was first to get the onboard video as a test for Rockit.

So we may hopefully be seeing these cars sooner rather than later, so don't be surprised.

Well the Rockit/Dream style coaster cars have been in the works for quite a while. Remember Hulk was first to get the onboard video as a test for Rockit.

So we may hopefully be seeing these cars sooner rather than later, so don't be surprised.

Wasn't the Hulk video used before Rockit' filmed with cameras around the ride and not on the vehicle itself? New cars with lights and effects would be nice. I would rather not have on-board audio though. I understand why Space got it, but I want to see the Hulk stay pure.