Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess so, but I'd rather that they worked on DM over the summer, so it could open as early as possible. This seems like a waste of two months in which work could be done.

Do remember that this is the summer season, though. Universal needs to have as much things available as possible in order to keep the park from getting overwhelmingly crowded. JNNB does a good job at pulling guests in do to the fact that it features Nickelodeon, and more specifically, SpongeBob. Having the attraction close during the fall season is a much better move.

Do remember that this is the summer season, though. Universal needs to have as much things available as possible in order to keep the park from getting overwhelmingly crowded. JNNB does a good job at pulling guests in do to the fact that it features Nickelodeon, and more specifically, SpongeBob. Having the attraction close during the fall season is a much better move.

But they should aim to open DM as early in spring for the crowds. Not have an empty SS because of it, it gives me the hint it will just be an overylay now...

I still had hope for a new ride system, as it was never really 100% confirmed we just all presumed. Just hope they do a good job of it this time...

I would love to see a new ride system but I just don't see how they could possibly get a new one in there, let alone get the old one out.

Not sure if this was posted or if its ancient :lol: but I was just browsing USO facebook pictures when I came across the previous clues, which most of us guessed. Anyways here are some captions I found:
1) For the first picture of the office: "Most of you guessed it right…the banana was the clue! Did you know that minions go “bananas” for that fruit? By the way…there was nothing in the window" - clears up the phantom minion we were all arguing over :lol:
2) The colour pictures: "The tutu, the “minion” yellow and the pastel pink from the fluffy unicorn were the hints in our album of colors."
3) Pizza - "The girls’ and the minions sure LOVE pizza (especially stuffed crust)"
4) CGI - "The answer is CGI. After all, Despicable Me is a CGI feature produced by Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment."
5) Donkey Picture - "You have a face... “como un burro,” said Gru to Ms. Hattie before adopting the girls, which means “like a donkey.”"
6) Mona Lisa - "The painting is featured in the girls’ room in Gru’s house."
7) Question Mark - "That mysterious sound was nothing but the very beginning of Pharrell William’s “Despicable Me” song."
8) Elephant pic - "Remember when the shrink gun was tested in East Asia before the minions stole it? Well, it was tested on an elephant. Which as you can see got back to its real size"
9) SS missing - "Mmmm…well, in this case it seems like Gru was successful (temporarily, of course) at stealing the attraction building. But don’t worry…we’ll find it before the attraction opens."

----

Just clicked back a few pages :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Despicable Me merchandise is now being sold in the USF Universal Studios Store, ironically right next to the SpongeBob merchandise.

045-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

Some of the merchandise is also being sold in the KidZone Cartoon Store.

069-2.jpg

Also note that neither Shrek or JNNB were open for Horror Nights in the past. Having the ride open through the summer still allows for plenty of down time in the fall for the refurb (it's not a new ride, so I'm just calling it a refurb).

Well, how long will the ride be open since the first movie came out? The sequel will probably do better than the first one. Just ordered Despicable Me on Blu Ray/DVD combo. Nice cheap price on Amazon. Yes, I do like Despicable Me. And yes, I am very interested in what this ride will be like, though I know it will be a simulator.

Well, how long will the ride be open since the first movie came out? The sequel will probably do better than the first one. Just ordered Despicable Me on Blu Ray/DVD combo. Nice cheap price on Amazon. Yes, I do like Despicable Me. And yes, I am very interested in what this ride will be like, though I know it will be a simulator.

I didn't mean it was a bad thing. I'm just surprised the sequel is so far away. In fact, it's better for the ride. It'll be a nice boast in interest for it's second year of operation.

I didn't mean it was a bad thing. I'm just surprised the sequel is so far away. In fact, it's better for the ride. It'll be a nice boast in interest for it's second year of operation.

Unlike Disney. Giving us a Little Mermaid ride some 20 years later LOL. Ok, joking obviously.

Right. They were too busy destroying the world with Eisner and filling up their land with condos :bang:

Hey, I'm a DVC owner daggit. LoL. And different budgets, different businesses. DVC money has nothing to do with the budgets for the theme parks.

Anyway, too bad this won't be open for my October trip. Oh well, just gives me another excuse to take a day off of Disney and add it to Universal.

Hey, I'm a DVC owner daggit. LoL. And different budgets, different businesses. DVC money has nothing to do with the budgets for the theme parks.

Anyway, too bad this won't be open for my October trip. Oh well, just gives me another excuse to take a day off of Disney and add it to Universal.

Actually that is a myth. DVC construction cost does come out of the resorts revenue stream. But the DVC operational costs do not. They are covered by the maintenence fees the DVC owners pay.