Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DM merch is also now being sold in IOA.

041-3.jpg

I gotta say, Universal seems to be really adamant in making sure this merchandise sells.

Kind of weird to be selling the merch this early, I mean sure its simple little stuff and maybe they are holding back on the major items until the ride opens, but to me I would wait.

Kind of weird to be selling the merch this early, I mean sure its simple little stuff and maybe they are holding back on the major items until the ride opens, but to me I would wait.

I get what you're saying but that's theme parks. Universal was selling Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit merch way before it opened and that's not even a franchise. :lol:

True, but then I realized after I typed it that its a Uni movie anyways, so I get it that they are selling simple stuff, but I'm hoping for a build your own minion station :lol:

I think they a gauging interest in what characters sell at this point. Its a great way to get customer feedback in order to supply for future demand. Example, I mean if your getting 100 requests a day for a GRU bobblehead then that's something your ordering team needs to focus on NOW.

I think it's great to see the merch out this early. People love the minions and Agnes, etc.

I think they a gauging interest in what characters sell at this point. Its a great way to get customer feedback in order to supply for future demand. Example, I mean if your getting 100 requests a day for a GRU bobblehead then that's something your ordering team needs to focus on NOW.

I know for a fact my mom wants a Gru doll rather than an Agniss doll xD...

Last edited:
I saw on the despicable me website a create your minion flash game, just reminded me of the mr potato head station creations. I'm sure they will definitely have a minion one.

True, but then I realized after I typed it that its a Uni movie anyways, so I get it that they are selling simple stuff, but I'm hoping for a build your own minion station :lol:

I know they have a build-your-own in one of the stores in Toon Lagoon. It'd be a great merchandise point for DM.

Minor Neutron updates:

All of the prices for the Jimmy Neutron merchandise has been severely discounted. Some of the merchandise in the store is now starting to be removed as well. Perhaps the most notable removal was a Tommy Pickles plush. From what I last checked, there are still a few Tommy plushes in the It's a Wrap store, so if you want one, you'd better hurry on down.

My sources are also telling me that the Nickelodeon merchandise will be moved to the Cartoon Store in the Kidzone after Neutron closes, although from what I've been observing, it appears that it's mainly going to be SpongeBob and Dora merchandise only. No word on whether or not the Nicktoon meet and greets are staying or not.

Also, I had reported earlier back in the "Neutron's replacement?" thread that the I.D. tag machine and the penny press machines had been removed. I can now report that they have all returned, now repainted to match Nickelodeon's new logo. (However, there was a third penny press machine outside of the store that was removed and has not returned)

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I saw the penny presses on Thursday, so I can confirm they're there.

I was actually very curious about the merchandise... Universal seems to sell a LOT of Spongebob & Dora merchandise (not just generic stuff, items branded with the Universal Studios moniker) so I guess it'd make sense to continue to sell it, even without a true park presence. I guess it'd all be relegated to the Cartoon Store as you mentioned. Meet'n'greets are a curiosity as well - Scooby and Shaggy have stuck around, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Spongebob, Dora, & Diego stay past their welcome too...

I bet we're gonna see a shopping bag redesign, though. For the past several years the images of Spider-Man, Hulk, Spongebob, and I believe the Rex have adorned the bags... I predict the new design will feature Spider-Man, Harry Potter, The Simpsons, and probably still the Rex.

I bet we're gonna see a shopping bag redesign, though. For the past several years the images of Spider-Man, Hulk, Spongebob, and I believe the Rex have adorned the bags... I predict the new design will feature Spider-Man, Harry Potter, The Simpsons, and probably still the Rex.
It's actually Shrek and Donkey, not a T-Rex.

If they make a bag redesign, I'd like to see Spidey, Despicable Me minion, Homer, and the Rex. Potter probably won't go on it since there is a separate Potter bag being given out.