Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Knowing some of the people who live in Florida that area could be the scariest for them haha.

Maybe pink boy is a fairy? :lol: I keed I keed, lets get :focus:

It really is astounding me that we are almost in August and we have nothing more than teaser site and a blip about The Thing. Wow, I guess when they got rid of Roddy, so did the build up and excitement for the event.

I kinda like it. Adds thrill to the event and will be much more of a surprise when we get all the information. It's like watching a really good movie that you have no prior knowledge of. It's WAY better than when you watched a really good movie that you knew a lot about because of the hype involved. It never matches up with exactly the way you want it to.

It really is astounding me that we are almost in August and we have nothing more than teaser site and a blip about The Thing. Wow, I guess when they got rid of Roddy, so did the build up and excitement for the event.

I really thought things couldn't get worse from last year. I think you're right. Removing Roddy has led to the destruction of one of the most fun parts of the event - the preview website. Now we're just being fed a handful of vague text clues from someone above. I couldn't be more disappointed.

As awesome as someone may be, one person does not make up such an event.

And this is coming from someone who thought last year was the worst I have been do since I started going in 2003.

As awesome as someone may be, one person does not make up such an event.

And this is coming from someone who thought last year was the worst I have been do since I started going in 2003.

Agreed. We still have plenty of site to see. Universal Studios Hollywood tends to announce stuff earlier than Orlando and I think that's the only reason we even have the Thing section added to the site. Howl-O-Scream isn't any further site-wise either. Have some patience and some faith in Universal.

Is it me or is another reasion why this event isn't really getting us pumped is because they aren't doing Legendary Truth?

For me, yes.

Rant begin!

Ok for those who are losing faith or have already lost it without the event even starting get a grip. A few things to note, the whole web preview thing isn't updated as early as it used to be for one reason. Its all about marketing! Whats changed over the course of last year and this years HHN's? The parks themselves are still in full Harry Potter money machine mode. The marketing and sales departments are under strict guidelines not to begin HHN media blitz to early so not to interfere with Harry's summertime success. Why do you think BGT has held off there blitz as well, Uh Cheetah Hunt summer nights and kinetics anyone.

It has nothing to do with the loss of Michael Roddy or loss of love for the fans. And for anyone who says the event suffers without Roddy you have lost it. The event did great and grew by leaps and bounds when he departed the first time for three years. I'm not knocking Roddy as he is extremely talented but your only as good as your weakest link and the art and design as well as the show departments are beyond talented and are far more capable of producing a solid event than anyone here is really giving credit. So what Fear wasn't great, not everything you try is going to work.

For the Halloween Horror Night employees who read this forum from the creators to the scareactors from make up artists to vendors that take this event and make it their own with there hard work along with their blood, sweat, and tears please know there are people out there that still do appreciate your efforts. We understand marketing ploys and the pressures of suits who want the most effect with the least overhead. So if your gonna hate on anyone hate on the marketing division not the employees or team members who do everything they can for you the fans!

End Rant!

Roddy is one of the nicest guys I know and is really talented but he had nothing to do with the websites when he worked for UO..

The main 2 people in charge of the sites (even LT) is TJ and Rick.. hell in 2004 they didnt have permission to build a HHN site but they did and they set the standard for many future sites.. Hands down 2005 is the most complex site they every built.

Now over the last couple yrs we have lost a lot of interactive stuff when it comes to the HHN. Why? Well marketing thinks the site was going to fan heavy and wasnt simple for the GP (General Public). So last yr TJ agreed to do a very basic site for the event (it was also changed due to Cindy was dropped very late).

Now we all know last yr site sorta suck and most (if not all) was pissed about it. Well this yr I have a feeling were going to get a nice interactive site again with some cool games.. maybe have a leaderboard.

Just give it time guys and gals.. I would love an update myself due to the simple fact there is no hype what so ever for this event. I remember in 2005 where the updates didnt happen til Aug.

Rant begin!

Ok for those who are losing faith or have already lost it without the event even starting get a grip. A few things to note, the whole web preview thing isn't updated as early as it used to be for one reason. Its all about marketing! Whats changed over the course of last year and this years HHN's? The parks themselves are still in full Harry Potter money machine mode. The marketing and sales departments are under strict guidelines not to begin HHN media blitz to early so not to interfere with Harry's summertime success. Why do you think BGT has held off there blitz as well, Uh Cheetah Hunt summer nights and kinetics anyone.

It has nothing to do with the loss of Michael Roddy or loss of love for the fans. And for anyone who says the event suffers without Roddy you have lost it. The event did great and grew by leaps and bounds when he departed the first time for three years. I'm not knocking Roddy as he is extremely talented but your only as good as your weakest link and the art and design as well as the show departments are beyond talented and are far more capable of producing a solid event than anyone here is really giving credit. So what Fear wasn't great, not everything you try is going to work.

For the Halloween Horror Night employees who read this forum from the creators to the scareactors from make up artists to vendors that take this event and make it their own with there hard work along with their blood, sweat, and tears please know there are people out there that still do appreciate your efforts. We understand marketing ploys and the pressures of suits who want the most effect with the least overhead. So if your gonna hate on anyone hate on the marketing division not the employees or team members who do everything they can for you the fans!

End Rant!

If I could somehow make this into a sig I would.

The thing is, it just seems like speculation for this year is at a snails pace and feels like this :bored:

Actually, we knew more but more got leaked last year. We had ideas about Havoc because of the pictures taken back stage, new info on Cindi, speculation on a new PsychoScarepy existed, we figured out we were getting a mythology house and we knew that we were getting a Mardi Gras themed scarezone.

And quite frankly I don't mind the silence. It's kinda nice.