Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

You're right. I don't know anything about your money situation and I never implied that I did. I was replying with my interpretation of this comment:

Hence why I used quotation marks.

What I'm saying is that it seems rude to "laugh" at the idea that people in Florida think it's pricey. And I'm not saying that I think it's pricey. I think the FFP+ is one of the best deals a theme park has ever offered. But from the standpoint of someone who can only go once (which I was at one point), $70-$80 for each person can really burn a hole in your pocket.

It's great that you get to go to make the trips and everything but everyone's financial situation is different than yours.

Come on some people think the world revolves around them its just normal....:lol:

Also, I've never been rained on during HHN before but.. I honestly might not buy tickets in advance after this year in case of rain. If we all hadn't already bought them, we wouldn't have gone. There were NO scare zones because of the rain and we felt like we missed half the experience.

GrandShazam, Yes the FFP is a great value there is no doubt about that. But reading people think that event is pricey to me from Florida people has always confused me. Then I read people who spends hundreds on souvenirs and drinks and It then makes sense to me. People spend money on what they think is important. I am always more amazed that people spend 10 dollars on a drink at an event then brag at how much money they spent drinking to enjoy the event. I guess I miss the point of that one.

I love Haunts and Halloween events and that is what I spend my vacation time and money on. I don't like relaxing vacations I am way to hyper my vacations require rest after them..lol

OK we have got way bogged down on to many other things like old icons and such I hope we will get back on HHN 22 ideas. I was as bad about it as anyone and I am sorry for that also.

Any Ideas for 22 as a number with meaning?

Or evil twins. It would work with the double 2s.
No the icon is Eddie next year already been confirmed...jk
I would love to see another year like 2008 where we had the build up to the big reveal of the icon it built so much tension for the event...
I wasn't too much of a fan of the game either, I love the interactivity, but a game that kicks you out for an hour is just annoying...the backstory if their is one needs to be easily accesable and all over the event...Lady Luck was a great idea and very creative, their was just no reason to fear her...the perfect set-up for me would be building up to the story towards September on the site, then revealing the icon, then answering everything about them in the house

I think the tendency after last year will be the personification of an idea. First we had Fear. Then we had Luck. I'm assuming the next will be another personification. Vengeance perhaps?

I never thought about Fear and Luck following in a order before but that is interesting. 22 is a hard one to work with, Sixteen and 21 worked well with a number. But then again they did nothing number related with 13(luck would have been really good back then). What about Revenge? Vengeance is also a good theory.
The last real Icon who was a person was The Usher so it has been 3 years since we had a person so maybe it is a return to a person this time.

The last real Icon who was a person was The Usher so it has been 3 years since we had a person so maybe it is a return to a person this time.

I really don't think we're going to see a return to the old style of Icon any time soon. XX was supposed to change things fundamentally, and I think they'll stick with the set-up of the past 2 years of having a representation of an idea as the icon with loose threads connecting them to the house.

What I would not like to see at 22, a movie year. I think that movie haunts should stick to one house like The Thing or Doomsday, despite how bad the latter house was. Universal does it's best in my opinion when it works with original content. Maybe 22 could be an idea like insanity or War and the 4 horsemen.

I never thought about Fear and Luck following in a order before but that is interesting. 22 is a hard one to work with, Sixteen and 21 worked well with a number. But then again they did nothing number related with 13(luck would have been really good back then). What about Revenge? Vengeance is also a good theory.

I'm actually glad that there won't be some weak story tied to the event just because of the year number. Like you said, there is nothing special that ties into 22. Hopefully, this means that the overall theme and icon will actually have some meaning within the event, as opposed to being an ill-conceived marketing effort.

I think it would be really cool if we have some crazy artist drawer dude as the icon for HHN 22 and his crazy creations come to life! But like some people said already it seems ever since 2010 A&D are making the icons like a creature/powerful god or goddess.

Personally, I would love to have the mysterious mad scientist behind Shadow Creek as an Icon using his "Dogs" to invoke war on the supernatural. It seems so far that every Icon has been supernatural serial killers; so have his "Dogs" attacking every street and house, at least to some degree, creating an atmosphere of Science VS Supernatural.

Last edited:
Well 2012 is supposed to be the last year of earth Dec 12th i think. So the Four Horseman very cool idea. Instead of Regular Horses they could bring the motorcycles back and they could be modernized for the event. I know that they have used Twice the fear for 14 I wonder if they would attempt to slip in Double the Fear with 22.

Please just don't make the Four Horseman Jack, Caretaker, Director and Storyteller :lol: