Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
From OrlandoInformer.com on foursquare:

SS44-009.jpg

Thanks Bob, well no hole as it appears there just digging up the old concrete foundation. Just judging by this picture btw.

Yes, I know, I maintain the "Permit" thread over wt WDMagic, just gotten into the habit of calling them permits.

Either way, this notice of commencement covers both demolition and construction, so the original permit must have also, meaning that there would be no need for anything else to be filed to start the construction of whatever is going to go in this location.

I had the same thought as you but ReelJustice (a member here) pointed out that the permit issued was for the demolition part only.

I am beginning to think that the day that balloon went up, no engineering plans had actually been drawn up for the replacement building. Perhaps it is a stretch, but I think it is possible that while the building was coming down, the engineering was being created. This only assumes my assumptions on other things is correct.

I don't think so. There's usually permits put out for all phases of a project, demo, building, plumbing, all that kind of stuff. We'll see though.
:

Yes, from most of the notices I have looked at that is the case, but this one clearly spells out both demo and construction, and they wouldn't have bothered putting a 2014 expiration date if it was just for demolition.

I am no good when it comes to permits so I will ask do you need a permit for demo and a permit for construction if two different companies are involved, such as one does the demo and the other is the main for construction?

Demolition and Building are two separate things under Orlando's permit structure.

For example, PCL has been handiling all things Amity from Demolition to grading to construction. There have been demolition, project, plumbing, electric, engineering, and building permits.

I have to agree with Teebin that it's very possible documents weren't ready. They probably had demolition plans on standby for a while for SS44, so those were ready to go. You're also starting to see how juggling multiple projects as a small firm can be problematic. On top of SS44, there are revisions that still need to be submitted for Potter things. I hope/expect to see a SS44 permit show up this week.

I've been speculating with friends about what they're possibly doing here. There's (apparently) two major projects going on in the same park with absolutely no announcement what so ever. Add on top of that the fact that there are apparently quite a bit of other projects that are in the pipeline, and I have to wonder if we'll be getting a roll out of a large multi-year resort plan instead of singular announcements.

Universal has seemed to take on the "Make Bigger Announcements at Once" approach which I'm perfectly fine with. Despicable Me was paired with Spiderman, Parade was announced with Night show, all of Harry Potter was lumped together (which it kinda had to be). I think the approach of one big announcement and then going into more depth in mini announcements is nothing short of a good call, it especially pleases the share holders and waiting to make announcements after projects have started is even better. Makes potential situations like Avatar not happen.

Can someone possibly post any and all permits for SS44 again please.

Thanks, bob! Great view there.

Universal has seemed to take on the "Make Bigger Announcements at Once" approach which I'm perfectly fine with. Despicable Me was paired with Spiderman, Parade was announced with Night show, all of Harry Potter was lumped together (which it kinda had to be). I think the approach of one big announcement and then going into more depth in mini announcements is nothing short of a good call, it especially pleases the share holders and waiting to make announcements after projects have started is even better. Makes potential situations like Avatar not happen.

Agreed. I like the way they've been handling things.

Can someone possibly post any and all permits for SS44 again please.

Here's the notice of commencement:

Soundstage44DemoBuildout.jpg

And here's the permit:

Soundstage44Demo.jpg

So has Hensel Phelps built an actual attraction for a park before?

Nope. They seem to be a hotel builder.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is what I get for posting without reading. They're a general contractor. So they'd be overseeing whatever is going on.

Last edited:
Ok thanks Skip. So is it up to Hensel to assign subcontractors then or does that still remain up to creative?

Ok thanks Skip. So is it up to Hensel to assign subcontractors then or does that still remain up to creative?

Usually the GC uses Subs he is familiar with and has worked with in the past. That said, UC can require that certain Subs be used. This would be specified in the project contract.