Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Could an attraction of any significance be built in a year? I'm sure Universal would find a way to do it, especially if it is a clone.

Could an attraction of any significance be built in a year? I'm sure Universal would find a way to do it, especially if it is a clone.

I don't see why they couldn't. All depends on their construction schedule and any delays they'll have to deal with.

I think a more realistic opening for whatever goes there would be September-October, though assuming it's something major.

Last edited:
Usually the GC uses Subs he is familiar with and has worked with in the past. That said, UC can require that certain Subs be used. This would be specified in the project contract.

Thanks Bob that makes a lot of sense.

I've heard June 2013...:smiley:

so if they worked 24 hours a day it's possible otherwise June 2014 is much more do able.

I think late 2013 is very reasonable, especially if it is Universal's counter to the Seven Dwarfs coaster. My question though is if they rushed to green light this and tear down the building, perhaps this means Potter has seen some delays?

I think late 2013 is very reasonable, especially if it is Universal's counter to the Seven Dwarfs coaster. My question though is if they rushed to green light this and tear down the building, perhaps this means Potter has seen some delays?

Could be possible. They've been having some problems with the permits and stuff for a while, and really haven't made much progress. Could be a few months behind. Would make sense why we haven't had any announcements.

Could be possible. They've been having some problems with the permits and stuff for a while, and really haven't made much progress. Could be a few months behind. Would make sense why we haven't had any announcements.

I fear permits might be the least of their problems, I still think JK hasn't given the final approval to the designs or concepts yet. I have no sources, just pure speculation, but with the success of Hogsmead and Hogwarts you'd think she'd be even more demanding now.

I fear permits might be the least of their problems, I still think JK hasn't given the final approval to the designs or concepts yet. I have no sources, just pure speculation, but with the success of Hogsmead and Hogwarts you'd think she'd be even more demanding now.

Considering they've already gone ahead and asked for, and gotten in some cases, approval to start building, I don't think that's the case.

There have to be HUGE perks on this project to get it done so fast. A wee bit of tossing money out the window in the name of a larger goal perhaps. My guts tell me you don't go into $$$ overdrive for a small project based on a mishmash idea that will draw very few. We know USF has taken such a hit from Potter... fewer feel compelled to go there.

So, my gut again tells me that if you can make a huge building disappear in two weeks, you can make an even bigger one appear in 4-5 months. Beyond that, rest is plug and play, as long as everything is on order right now.

There have to be HUGE perks on this project to get it done so fast. A wee bit of tossing money out the window in the name of a larger goal perhaps. My guts tell me you don't go into $$$ overdrive for a small project based on a mishmash idea that will draw very few. We know USF has taken such a hit from Potter... fewer feel compelled to go there.

My question is then, why throw all this money at something else, when you have the next Potter cash cow being built in the same park?

All depends. If this is indeed Transformers, they'll have to dig a little bit first. We'll see.

Yes, you are correct, that is after the footers and depends on the specs.
Just saying one week a solid floor, then start the facade (weather it be metal or masonary) and interior... repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is then, why throw all this money at something else, when you have the next Potter cash cow being built in the same park?

maybe it is just to get people in US now...

Actual construction can go relatively quick. It's the failed inspections with required rework and changes due to unexpected issues that take time. And let's no forget human error (re: construction mistakes). Also, weather can play a big factor.

I can see more than a few reasons:

1) Right now, IoA is the superior park all around. Even with Potter 2.0 in USF, I'd probably give the edge to IoA over USF thanks to just superior place-setting. Comcast/Uni may know that as well and wants to level the playing field, so to speak. Not to mention IoA has the 1-2 punch of Spidey/Journey. USF will have Gringotts, but not another ride on that level.

2) Uni knows how insane WWoHP will be and wants another new-newish attraction open before/around the land's debut to try and redistribute crowds.

3) In the same vein as #2, if Potter isn't opening until, say 2015 due to a delay, or even just 2014, if they can say "Hey, don't delay a trip! We've got ______ opening in 2013 and it's gonna be awesome!" they can ensure people will continue to visit WWoHP 1.0 and the new ride.

4) 2014 will be USF's 25th Anniversary. I could see them wanting the park to blow people away that year. Rolling out Potter, a new version of Cinespec, an updated parade, and also hyping SS44 project would be highly effective.

5) If rumors of KidZone going down after Potter are true, the park will need all the people eaters it can get.

6) Because they can. Comcast wants to make these parks all they can be.

To bump attendance sooner rather than later. Everyone east of the Mississippi is not going to California to see an attraction. That includes GB. USF needs a huge named mega-attraction right now if they want to play ball with Mr. Mouse and Mr. Potter.