Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I am also hoping for TF everyday I went to Universal Studios I was there for about 3-4 hours a day and went back to IOA im actually thrilled about going to Universal Studios now because of Despicable Me and now Transformers this is starting to bring life back to Universal Studios!!!

I took a video while the doors were open to allow a truck in. A team member waved his hand in my face and said no photos over here. I should have said but it's a video lol.

What the heck man, I was standing next to Briman yesterday and him and I were both standing ten feet from the entrance snapping photos. Then again maybe its my fault you got in trouble today :lol:

I also want it to be TF. Mostly because I want to see the reaction from everyone who was SURE that Transformers would replace Spider-Man.

:lol: Everyone knows whats replacing Spiderman and paid in full by you know who!

images-3.jpg

No pics?! What's with people? It takes literally 15 seconds to snap a photo and tweet it.

Sorry, was drinking at Finns when we made new friends, then there was a detour to Del Taco--I'm just not a good Internet reporter. :lol: Got a few on my camera, but camera not that great, and I'd been at Margaritaville before, so...probably not that conclusive. Will try to post in the morning. Looked to my friend and I like they were digging, not removing the (clearly visible) pile of rubble. Then again, neither of us has ever worked construction.

Trucks still coming and going all afternoon. Late afternoon, construction sounds overwhelmed the music tracks as far away as Mels. I've never seen a theme park project fast-tracked like this.

:lol: All will be forgotten if you were drinking a Sam Adams Summer Ale in Finnegans

If it honestly is Transformers, and at this point I can't see it being anything else, I'll be both excited, for the attention and love that USF is getting, and disappointed (disaxcited?). The same ride is essentially next door. I'd rather have Space Fantasy or Madagascar or honestly anything else.

If it honestly is Transformers, and at this point I can't see it being anything else, I'll be both excited, for the attention and love that USF is getting, and disappointed (disaxcited?). The same ride is essentially next door. I'd rather have Space Fantasy or Madagascar or honestly anything else.

I really have to disagree about the "same ride being next door". I mean I haven ridden Transformers, but the videos show a very, very different ride than Spider-man. There's a much greater sense of speed to TF than Spider-man. Also, it would be possible to reanimate/change a few of the scenes that feel like Spider-man 2.0

I really have to disagree about the "same ride being next door". I mean I haven ridden Transformers, but the videos show a very, very different ride than Spider-man. There's a much greater sense of speed to TF than Spider-man. Also, it would be possible to reanimate/change a few of the scenes that feel like Spider-man 2.0

Some of the scenes in videos of Transformers: The Ride seem like complete clones of Spider-Man's scenes. Megatron firing his weapon at the car and the shot slows in front of you just like Hobgoblin's pumpkin bomb, for example. Using the same ride system doesn't bother me as much as the ride using basically the same script.

From talking to those who have ridden first hand there all excited if it does come here. While its on the same platform as everyone knows the overall attraction is very unique and incorporates a new level of technology that was not available 15 years ago. Also just want to point out as Skip said there could be edits to change it up, but if there isn't BIG DEAL its a freaking mega attraction thats getting rave reviews from all parties.

Think about Universal Orlando's Dark Ride Line Up within 3 years. Quite the juggernaut possibility here.
Spiderman
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Transformers
Revenge of the Mummy
Gringotts

Some of the scenes in videos of Transformers: The Ride seem like complete clones of Spider-Man's scenes. Megatron firing his weapon at the car and the shot slows in front of you just like Hobgoblin's pumpkin bomb, for example. Using the same ride system doesn't bother me as much as the ride using basically the same script.

But it doesn't. Aside from the missile firing and the fall, the rest of the ride is far from the same.

- - - Updated - - -

From talking to those who have ridden first hand there all excited if it does come here. While its on the same platform as everyone knows the overall attraction is very unique and incorporates a new level of technology that was not available 15 years ago. Also just want to point out as Skip said there could be edits to change it up, but if there isn't BIG DEAL its a freaking mega attraction thats getting rave reviews from all parties.

Think about Universal Orlando's Dark Ride Line Up within 3 years. Quite the juggernaut possibility here.
Spiderman
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Transformers
Revenge of the Mummy
Gringotts

Possibly the 6 best dark rides anywhere.

Not to mentions MIB, ET, and Cat in the Hat. That's a lot of quality dark rides, and something I sure wouldn't mind having.

Maybe I'm wrong here but does everyone seriously buy 2 park tickets? Like my grandfather works for UOR so I get free park hopper tickets so Im excluded, but EVERYBODY is going to IOA. I was there in May and was waiting in line to pick up my tickets and waited 30 to 45 min just at the ticket line. Went to Universal, no more than 10. Honestly putting Transformers in would be another incentive for someone to buy the 2 parker. Am I really going to care if I ride the same "ride design" in one day (Spidey/TF)? Heck to the no. And if you really wanna make that argument then take a look at dragon challenge, I know what made it unique is that it dueled but what now? They cant duel anymore so are they supposed to ditch one of them? The're practically the same ride minus an element or two. Or mummy/gringotts? I mean Disney has repeat ride systems in their parks but "oh dont go near those, theyre classics" but God forbid UO try to capitalize attendance records and build up hype for Potter 2.0. I dont mean to sound rude so hopefully I dont but good grief be happy Universal is doing something!

Rant done :thumbs:

Maybe I'm wrong here but does everyone seriously buy 2 park tickets? Like my grandfather works for UOR so I get free park hopper tickets so Im excluded, but EVERYBODY is going to IOA. I was there in May and was waiting in line to pick up my tickets and waited 30 to 45 min just at the ticket line. Went to Universal, no more than 10. Honestly putting Transformers in would be another incentive for someone to buy the 2 parker. Am I really going to care if I ride the same "ride design" in one day (Spidey/TF)? Heck to the no. And if you really wanna make that argument then take a look at dragon challenge, I know what made it unique is that it dueled but what now? They cant duel anymore so are they supposed to ditch one of them? The're practically the same ride minus an element or two. Or mummy/gringotts? I mean Disney has repeat ride systems in their parks but "oh dont go near those, theyre classics" but God forbid UO try to capitalize attendance records and build up hype for Potter 2.0. I dont mean to sound rude so hopefully I dont but good grief be happy Universal is doing something!

Rant done :thumbs:

You're really going to look to the popularity of Dueling...I mean Dragon's Challenge as an argument?:lol:. And in case you haven't noticed, people in fact don't like the rampant use of omnimovers and the like in WDW. Hence the tepid excitement for the Little Mermaid. It's also been discussed here, how without improvement to the Mummy, it will pale in comparison to Gringotts. Will the ride die? No. Will normal waits of 35-40 minutes drop to 15-20? Absolutely.

I think a decent argument can be made for both sides, since this isn't a case of say Haunted Mansion vs. SSE, but more like Indiana Jones vs. Dinosaur. But, and this is a very important but, I think the new technology and the fact that at least some changes already have been made to the storyline, tip the scales in favor of this being a good thing.

You're really going to look to the popularity of Dueling...I mean Dragon's Challenge as an argument?:lol:. And in case you haven't noticed, people in fact don't like the rampant use of omnimovers and the like in WDW. Hence the tepid excitement for the Little Mermaid. It's also been discussed here, how without improvement to the Mummy, it will pale in comparison to Gringotts. Will the ride die? No. Will normal waits of 35-40 minutes drop to 15-20? Absolutely.

I think a decent argument can be made for both sides, since this isn't a case of say Haunted Mansion vs. SSE, but more like Indiana Jones vs. Dinosaur. But, and this is a very important but, I think the new technology and the fact that at least some changes already have been made to the storyline, tip the scales in favor of this being a good thing.

Honestly I love dragon challenge. It was my first legit coaster, it's just besides two elements on fire they're very much alike. lol. And quite honestly I wouldn't be upset if wait time on the mummy dropped means more rides for me :p but my point being is that USF is trying to re-inforce themselves and put themselves back in the game. Adding Transformers (if it happens) just gives such a huge boost to USF and it enhances the hype of Potter 2.0. Honestly, I wanna try Transformers because from the videos it honestly is a completely different experience. When Im on a ride I dont focus on "Oh that scene looks familiar to such and such" I just seriously love riding and the atmosphere these places have (Universal atleast...Disney is a nightmare lol) but anyways, Im just glad they're doing something with this park and not leaving it to eat IOA's dust.

I'm more than fine with similarities to other rides in the resort as long as it means the Studios get another big, state-of-the-art attraction. I'm going back for the first time since Gradventure 2009 (I'm about to be a senior, for what it's worth) and I'm looking at a full day of reriding Mummy and HRRR (first time!) all day with a few goes at the other rides. Definitely not a bad day by my UO nerd standards, but I don't see the casual guest enjoying the same itinerary as much. A TF ride would be a big improvement, especially with the aggressive schedule so it holds us over until Potter.

(That said, I'm sure a few of my planned rerides will be spent staring at SS44/Amity action instead.)

Im super excited for TF I think this will add alot to Universal Studios it will actually keep me in the park longer and plus that area always seemed dead to me!!!

My dream back in 2004 was that they would make a Jurassic Park version of Spider-Man tech. The scoops as JP jeeps etc. Unfortunately, that would be a new theme that could not be fleshed out and ready in a short amount of time.