Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
^Nothing would make me happier than an indoor ride based on Jurassic Park and the jeeps tied in to a new JP movie. If only Universal Creative had an ImagiNations style competition, Disney listened to me pretty well, haha!

I have no objections to Transformers, if it comes. The only "theme park" worthy movie project Universal has on the table is Fast and the Furious 6 for next year. Those movies are wildly successful and I'm surprised they haven't made some sort of park appearance as they really appeal the general public, but I doubt this is the place it will ever come if it does.

^Nothing would make me happier than an indoor ride based on Jurassic Park and the jeeps tied in to a new JP movie. If only Universal Creative had an ImagiNations style competition, Disney listened to me pretty well, haha!

I have no objections to Transformers, if it comes. The only "theme park" worthy movie project Universal has on the table is Fast and the Furious 6 for next year. Those movies are wildly successful and I'm surprised they haven't made some sort of park appearance as they really appeal the general public, but I doubt this is the place it will ever come if it does.
There is still a plot of land between Simposons and MIB...It is just the right size for a small scale RSR type attraction..

Sneaky Universal is sneaky. They've been secretly filing permits under the address "Adventure Way" and are preparing staging areas on the empty plots along Adventure Way.

Per Park Rumors, it appears SS44 will be called Project 609.

Sneaky Universal is sneaky. They've been secretly filing permits under the address "Adventure Way" and are preparing staging areas on the empty plots along Adventure Way.

Any TF significance relating to the number 609?

I wonder how they found it? Also, have we figured out the difference between filing with Orlando rather than filing with Orange Cnty?

Last edited:
I wonder how they found it? Also, have we figured out the difference between filing with Orlando rather than filing with Orange Cnty?

The only other time Adventure Way was used was for Potter in 2008. I could speculate further, but won't. As it stands, there were 3 permits filed in the past month for Adventure Way. They are prepping sites for Potter and SS44 construction (seemingly). Edit: They've now changed Adventure Way on Project 609 to Turkey Lake Rd.

Orlando handles building, etc. Orange County handles NoC's etc. SFWMD handles drainage. From what I gather.

It's not sneaky, nor is it secretive on Universal's part. When they file permits with the City of Orlando, they have to include the address on which the work will be taking place. Since these trailers are being set up off Adventure Way, they have to file that address. When they're doing work in the parks, the address is filed as 1000 Universal Studios Plaza. For Citywalk, 6000 Universal Studios Plaza. The building number being worked on is also sometimes included in the address.

And we found it because we've been searching the Adventure and Hollywood Way addresses for a few months now because of those rumors of a new hotel going on that plot of land. We now know that all the work going on across the street from the 609 site (the mass-grading and whatnot) was preparation for "Project 3429", the staging area for the IOA side of 722 construction. This is likely where the debris from the demolished Lost Continent buildings will be hauled off to, and likely where the Hogwarts Express track will be stored. There's also a "Project 7913", which is the staging area for the USF side of things, and is located in the field between MIB and Simpsons.

And as for the project number, I wouldn't be surprised if it had some kind of relation to whatever attraction they're building. But being completely in the dark on what that is makes it kind of hard to draw any connections. So I guess all we can do at this point is wait for an announcement.

Last edited:
Just an FYI when I was there Saturday night there was a large bulldozer leveling the land next to RP.

Not that I know of. But none of the projects since Minion Mayhem have had names that gave away what they were, though.

Most of them have, albeit quite vague

Project Strong Arm can be connected to Potter via his wand arm
Project Roswell was Disaster which has a picture of UFO's in it.

...those are the two I can think of :lol:

Most of them have, albeit quite vague

Project Strong Arm can be connected to Potter via his wand arm
Project Roswell was Disaster which has a picture of UFO's in it.

...those are the two I can think of :lol:

Right, which is why I said since Minion Mayhem they've been vague. All the new Potter projects are just numbers, as this seems to have.

Last edited: