Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReelJustice

Premium Member
Aug 6, 2008
Universal City
Sounds like Universal may be looking into correcting past mistakes. There have been rumblings from a few sources that Universal is looking to expand its footprint in Orlando.

"I need to be careful how I phrase this so ... please understand. I would expect BIG things from UNI in the future, both on land that currently is either owned by them or may well be soon. UNI's footprint is going to get MUCH larger ... like Yet... I mean Kong sized in the next few years.

So while Disney fans think there's a theme park war going on, the fundamental problem (for Mouse lovers like us) is only one side is getting ready for battle."-Spirit

To borrow a phrase from a dear friend: I just died.

I've been entertaining the possibilities of exactly this as an exercise in wishful thinking for a while now-- heck, I think most of us have. So. This is. Yeah. Yup.

iI3QvFTbfdsdJ.jpg

The quote posted is somewhat silly. We already know that Comcast has promised to spend big bucks, $500 million, so it ain't a leap of brilliant insider knowledge that Universal is expanding. It is a 'WELL DUH!' at best.

And so what if they buy some nearby property... it certainly ain't gonna be a 3rd gate, if anything, they would build another hotel, or cruise-line headquarters. Too, the quotes that I have seen from this person in the very recent past have been on the verge of lip-flapping idiocy. What was his most recent quote prior to this?

Well, between the new resort, the new USF e-tickets, etc, yeah. I'm pretty sure Universal is expanding.

And you truly believe they are going to add a sizeable piece of land to UOR proper? You were just questioning this persons knowledge of anything 4-5 days ago.

I never question's Spirit's knowledge. Like all sources, however, he's not infallible and gets bad info here and there.

Do I believe they're going to? I dunno. Do I believe they're trying? Yes. Yes I do.

It's quite easy. If they wanted to pull a deal, they could go east or south. But if they did, it would only amount to satellite property as it would cross two major highways that they cannot muck with. They cannot go west or north.

Status
Not open for further replies.