Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Unearthed: new interactive game for HHN22

Feb 15, 2008
Deltona, Florida
I haven't seen anything on here so far about this so I'll start a thread. After opening night I was on the HHN website and noticed they had added a few new things under the "extras" tab. One of these is a new interactive game called "Horror Unearthed." You have to sign up, free, and join one of the legions. You do tasks, like play games currently and earn life force, points, for your legions. I thought it was kind of fun but they had no tasks to complete just yet and no real direction for the game so far.

Well last night at guest services I recognized the large standing banners that match the legion symbols for the game and checked it out. I was greeted by TJ Mannarino (hope I got his name right), and he gave me some great details. At guest services you log in and get a passcard, nicely done too, that they scan and activate for you. The game officially starts next weekend he said. At the exit of every house there will be a small sign with the horror unleashed logo that you wave your card in front of and it credits your legion points. He said as the game progresses it will become more advanced and there will be certain tasks to complete, puzzles in park to solve, specific characters you need to interact with. It sounds similar to the legendary truth/collective games of the past but more technologically advanced. Not sure if there will be prizes or what at the end but it's for now a fun way to advance your in park and website experience.

Go check it out, and while you're at it join the Maschorians! (Chainsaws, I'm currently ranked #5 and #41 overall)

I just registered and joined the Kenzens. Sounds awesome. I saw the card scan areas at the end of Alice Cooper and New Vegas last night.

I joined the other day, but I forgot to pick up my card. I will have to do it on Thursday then. Do you guys know how early they come out?

I joined the other day, but I forgot to pick up my card. I will have to do it on Thursday then. Do you guys know how early they come out?

The cards will be able to be picked up from beginning of event to end of event... not sure how early they count as beginning though.

I'm in Kerezan, already have my card and creeping up on 20,000 points. I honestly believe the in park portions of this are testing for a similar experience in Potter 2.0

Saw them at the end of the soundstage houses last night, as well. :thumbs:

I caught one at the end of Silent Hill on Saturday and didn't comprehend what I saw until a few minutes later.. I thought it was maybe the original tagline for this year.

I'm up to 11000 on the Maschorians, #8 on that legion! I've noticed though that the points awarded for the matching game have gone much lower lately. I hope they add some new games soon, tired of these three. Anyone have any tips to the one with the keys, that one kills me every time.

Does anyone know where the scanners are exactly for the houses. I looked for the one at Gothic and Alice Cooper but didn't notice either of them.

I'm sure you found the answer by now, but they're at the exits. As of tonight, they seemed to have lights on them when they got dark. They're small and can be hard to miss, but just look around. The ops are usually willing to let you go back if you miss it...

I'm sure you found the answer by now, but they're at the exits. As of tonight, they seemed to have lights on them when they got dark. They're small and can be hard to miss, but just look around. The ops are usually willing to let you go back if you miss it...

I was able to find them tonight. I don't know why I couldn't see them on Thursday night.

New task.
4181477b9eb10ec04536519a1751b7e6.png

So...this isn't really a post about the game, more about the larger effect it could have on the resort, but this is them testing out/playing around with RFID for the first time, no?

Like how Death Drums was just a test for the parade infrastructure, I wonder if this could be a test for something bigger.

Just barely completed it last night, but got no communication (no text or e-mail) saying that I did it. We'll see though. If not, I'll try again Thursday.

It may be them. I know that when I went to Gothic and Dead End on Saturday they didn't scan through. And afterwards Alice Cooper and House of Horrors worked, so it wasn't just my card. Hope it's fixed by Thursday.