Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So...this weekend is the legendary Hell Week, isn't it? I happen to have the misfortune of being a part of a college class trip to HHN (I paid $20 dollars for transportation and a ticket, that's a sweet deal) that'll be falling on this coming Friday. Now, I've been before plenty of times and heading right at the gate has always worked. I intend to do the same thing for this trip, but with it being Hell Week how probable is it that I won't be able to see everything? We'll be getting there at 6:30, which already puts us at a disadvantage.

Did the Stay and Scream thing today since I got to the park by like 4, and man, that was the best decision I've made all HHN! I was done with every house by about 7:30 and just walked around and caught a B&T show. The lagoon show wasn't playing, it looked like they were doing maintenance on the barge across from Mel's, so I left by like 10:30.

So...this weekend is the legendary Hell Week, isn't it? I happen to have the misfortune of being a part of a college class trip to HHN (I paid $20 dollars for transportation and a ticket, that's a sweet deal) that'll be falling on this coming Friday. Now, I've been before plenty of times and heading right at the gate has always worked. I intend to do the same thing for this trip, but with it being Hell Week how probable is it that I won't be able to see everything? We'll be getting there at 6:30, which already puts us at a disadvantage.

Remember to look at the security lines they open up next to the globe. For some reason people seem to overlook those the past two times I've been there.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to get the most time out of my trip? Attack plans, beginning directions, ways to get in faster stuff like that. I heard the center gates with the covered turn-stiles get opened to push through extra people, is that true?

I went on 05/10 (a Friday Night)

Our plan was :

Already at Uni so we just grabbed some dinner and got in line for the security check bang on 6:20ish. The ones closest to the globe were the shortest as most people come from the bridge and just walk straight into the biggest queues.

Bought a fast pass in advance of going

When we got in we essentially headed to the right from the entrance hitting Universal Monsters first followed by AC and PnT working our way round anti clockwise fitting in Bill & Ted and 20 Penny.

The first 3 houses we hit were literally straight walk ins so didn't need fast pass.

By the time we were hitting Walking Dead, Hill, Gothic, et all it was getting in for 9/10 and the fast passes came out as Walking Dead for example was an 85 minute wait but for us we literally just walked straight in.

We had done all houses and shows by midnight.

Expect the streets to be a lot more packed starting tomorrow...

:bang:

Think that will carry over to next Friday also?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have any tips or tricks to get the most time out of my trip? Attack plans, beginning directions, ways to get in faster stuff like that. I heard the center gates with the covered turn-stiles get opened to push through extra people, is that true?

You can check out this thread for a lot of good tips and also the OU HHN guide you can find on the home page has some good tips also. And yes they open the center gates and have the turnstiles there to pump more people into the park.

Hmmm...I would probably expect that you will be able to do half the houses. Not all of them. Can you buy an express pass?

I'm so torn about going right or going straight first. My original thought was to do the best houses first (Gothic/Dead End). However I would imagine House of Horrors/AC/PT will be straight walk ons if I go right, and I'll be able to save my express pass for it later.

Also thinking about doing HRRR first as express pass won' t work for it, and Im not really excited about waiting an hour for it later in the night. Although I really wanted to go on it at night...

Decisions Decisions.

If I have an express pass, I should be able to see everything at least once right?

Since you aren't getting there early for Stay and Scream I would go to the right and get those houses done first since most of the S&S crowd will head to the sound stages. If you go straight first those sound stage house may already be backed up from the S&S people and you may have to use your express by that point. You should be able to get those first few house done with out having you use your express ticket just yet. Then I would work my way around counter clockwise and just see how it goes from there. You should be able to get everything done with Express.

Me personally, I would skip HRRR until later in the night closer to closing time or after you have done all the house and shows.

yeah...I just see us walking on or having a minium wait on all the houses and then having to wait an hour for HRRR as a real annoyance. Maybe I'll do HRRR first, and then try again at the end of the night..

- - - Updated - - -

the express pass works on Mummy correct? Is it like the houses? Can you only use express once?

Yeah its a catch 22. Do you go to HRRR first and risk coming out and the house are already getting crowed and then having to use the express sooner than expected. Remember also some people who are Stay and Scream may run to HRRR first so it may have a line by the time you get in also.

Thats a good question. Not sure if the express covers rides also.

Express is good for MIB and the Mummy.
I would grab a quickie on Rockit then head out for what ever you want.

I like to get the rides out of the way then go to the tents after dark and save the SS houses for last.

I just don't see myself or my wife wanting to re-do a house, so using the express pass up isn't as big of a deal to me. My new new plan of attack...

HRRR - since we can't use FP, and we've never been on it.
Gothic
Dead End
Mummy
Dinner at Finnegans?
Walking Dead.
P&T
AC
HoH
SIlent Hill.
Then maybe another ride on HRRR if it's not too busy.

Don't really care about MIB (although I haven't rode that either), Simpsons Ride, or Despicble Me (another one I haven't rode).

I guess out of the three MIB seems most interesting. Don't care about Bill and Ted.

Don't really care about MIB (although I haven't rode that either)

[video=youtube;yqyixwqiCag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyixwqiCag[/video]

Seriously!? How? Just how!? MIB is one of the best rides in Orlando and you've NEVER ridden it? Seriously...ride MIB and Minion Mayhem before you waste your time with Rockit. Both are infinitely better attractions.

My brain hurts.

ha ha..ok..I guess I can hit MIB. Never seen the movie Despicble Me, so I have little interest, not to mention I tend to dislike movie/motion simulators.

- - - Updated - - -

also didn't really like MIB the movie. Which is why I don't care. Thought the Simpsons ride was too much like the old BTTF ride (just not as fun) when I rode it a few years ago.