Middle Earth coming to UOR? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A Skull Island water park would definitely be very cool. And I would LOVE a really well themed Family Raft Ride/Dark Ride with scary stuff inside. There is aWater Park in the Denver Metro Area that has 2 Dark Raft rides. One themed to Dino with a lame Dino AA and there is one called Lost River of the Pharaohs that is pretty cool and cheesey at the same time.

[video=youtube;Fexg-1Bt_vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fexg-1Bt_vg[/video]

I'd love to see Skill Island too, but i also think it's a little too out there to be the whole water park. I think Uni would see that as a pretty big risk. But throw it in with some other smaller themed sections and I think you have something.

^^^That's exactly the kind of thing (but better) I want to see for Universal's water park.

Imagine a lazy river where you come across Kong's cave (using Musion) or something like that? It would be exhilarating.

I'd love to see Skill Island too, but i also think it's a little too out there to be the whole water park. I think Uni would see that as a pretty big risk. But throw it in with some other smaller themed sections and I think you have something.

A mix would work too. But the centerpiece being a Skull Island land with a big raft ride where you come in contact with Kong would be insane

A Skull Island water park would definitely be very cool. And I would LOVE a really well themed Family Raft Ride/Dark Ride with scary stuff inside. There is aWater Park in the Denver Metro Area that has 2 Dark Raft rides. One themed to Dino with a lame Dino AA and there is one called Lost River of the Pharaohs that is pretty cool and cheesey at the same time.

Schlitterbahn had a proposal to build a waterpark down in the Ft Lauderdale area and it was going to have a one of those that went all around the soccer stadium and looked pretty cool. Haven't heard anything in over a year now about it.

[video=youtube_share;JDOPv57AZVI]http://youtu.be/JDOPv57AZVI[/video]

Last edited:
Why are we assuming this will be for Orlando again? There are multiple Universal parks around the world and the franchise is popular the world over. Remember, Transformers was developed for, and seamlessly integrated into Singapore first.

Part of the rumored demands from the Tolkien family was that Universal bring it AND Potter to Great Britain. So Universal London Resort, anyone?

Why are we assuming this will be for Orlando again? There are multiple Universal parks around the world and the franchise is popular the world over. Remember, Transformers was developed for, and seamlessly integrated into Singapore first.

It was actually designed for Hollywood but they decided later to move it to Singapore. It was opened earlier due to the need for another major ride to open in the park, plus the majority of construction was easier to do as the whole park was a construction site and there was no need to worry about guests or employees, which allowed for quicker construction. Add to that having no existing ride there made it quicker. But it was designed for Hollywood originally.

Part of the rumored demands from the Tolkien family was that Universal bring it AND Potter to Great Britain. So Universal London Resort, anyone?

Wow, I'm surprised the Tolkien family is demanding Potter be brought to Britain as well. Are they tight with J.K? Or are they just really fond of the series?

But if this is a stipulation that Universal agrees to, I think it's pretty exciting. And the weather would certainly help make both lands feel a bit more authentic :)

Wow, I'm surprised the Tolkien family is demanding Potter be brought to Britain as well. Are they tight with J.K? Or are they just really fond of the series?

But if this is a stipulation that Universal agrees to, I think it's pretty exciting. And the weather would certainly help make both lands feel a bit more authentic :)
I believe they are just big supporters of Brit Lit.

Exactly, part of Tolkien's thinking in developing Middle Earth and the entire mythology of it was to kind of give England its own unique mythology (the Hobbits being very obviously English in their habits, appetites, mannerisms, etc.), since he felt it was disheartening that all of England's current mythology was really just a mashup of Roman, Greek, and other mythologies. The Tolkien family has been very diligent in keeping up that line of thinking, and preserving British literature in general falls into that.

What do you think the chances are of cloning the supposed Britain park on Major Blvd? I think the Tolkien's might want exclusivity for awhile, but it might make sense for Uni to build both if they get their hands on the IP.