Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'd love to see a direct lift off of the ride-through attraction from the movie, wasn't the death nail of Trike overstaffing? I could see perhaps the tour passing the Nursery in the Discovery Center to make a double use of that space, but not sure if a ride scene with TM actors will get off the drawing board.

Although I'd love to see a direct lift off of the ride-through attraction from the movie, wasn't the death nail of Trike overstaffing? I could see perhaps the tour passing the Nursery in the Discovery Center to make a double use of that space, but not sure if a ride scene with TM actors will get off the drawing board.
Musion lab techs would suffice IMO.

With 4 coming out, I believe the entire franchise will be re-energized. And an "origins story" attraction would satisfy the fan base.

Did I mention I want that walking stick? It would go nicely with my Lucious Malfoy cane/wand.

I'd just like to point out that in my other thread I speculated that any new activity in Jurassic Park would probably be combined with the release of a new film. just sayin.
http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?7446-Expanding-Thrill-Rides

- - - Updated - - -

yes, tooting my own horn lol.

Dino Soarin???????? Are we gonna get some kind of rip of Disney's soarin but with dinosaurs

At one point, that type of ride was actually envisioned for Jurassic Park. It was going to be called Helicoptours......

For over ten years, Islands of Adventure had a large, vacant expansion area between Jurassic Park and Lost Continent. In Islands of Adventure’s second year of operation, some of this expansion land was dedicated to adding The Flying Unicorn, but this still left a large plot for expansion. As evidenced by original concept art, this plot was intended for an attraction entitled Jurassic Park Helicoptours. The ride was planned to be an aerial simulator attraction where riders would fly high over Jurassic Park and see various species of dinosaur. However, the attraction never opened, and the concept was either shelved or scrapped.

jurassicpark01s.jpg

Concept art of Jurassic Park showing Jurassic Park Helicoptours on the Future Expansion Area site.

Possible storyline description from Park Rumors Forum

Heading up and out you will find yourself at the entrance to Helicoptours, where Hogwarts stands today. After a queue filled with heliport and aviation style theme you find yourself boarding a strange hanging seat "helicopter." (The ride system was that of Soarin'. Universal had the exclusive rights at the time.) Slowly you lift off the ground and over the station. You fly forward and see the jungle of Jurassic Park zoom by making the Island seem bigger than it really is.. The helicopter hovers over herds of Gallimimus, follow flowing rivers to some Stegosauri and eventually, in the distance you can see the Pteranodon Aviary Facility. Getting closer you realize the Aviary is having a breach of security and the Pteranodons are flying towards you. The pilot tries to maneuver around them but they begin to block and follow you. As you try to land back at the station, they dive in for an attack. Pecking, clawing and just being all around vicious... you land just in time to stay safe. While exiting you can hear them wreaking havoc on he outside of the station.

Last edited:
While it may be kind of off topic, that would be outstandingly cool to have a loading zone for a water taxi behind the discovery center as in that concept, especially if you are forced to walk through the center to get there. And I believe that a dark ride underneath the center would be very healthy for it, as I've been to the parks numerous times and have never thought to step foot inside the center.

OK, I will throw this out there. The 2nd attraction that I heard was proposed is an omnimover style dark ride that loads where the current labs are in the Discovery Center and the first scene would be the animated DNA scene that is a direct lift from the 1st film. The 2nd scene would be passing a new lab facility with TMs in white coats doing stuff, the third scene would be a bunch of caged scary dino AAs like Velociraptors and such. The unload would be in the new area where the Amber Mine coaster and new food stands and such would be. It reminds me of the old Sea Cabs from The Living Seas.

I would LOVE this. I always wished there was something down where the labs are! This would be really awesome, they could also update the area and add more interactive stuff for the kids! Hopefully Universal doesn't pick the easy way out and put in a spinner.

I'd enjoy the spinner if when the Brazilian tour groups got on and at the end a mysterious Velociraptor appeared out of nowhere and.....well yea I think we know where this is going.

Lab ride-Sounds pretty sweet, I think they should incorporate the egg birth scene somehow

I've always wanted for this to happen but just find it so hard to believe. Out of every single rumor that's come up of late, this one seems too good to be true.

At one point, that type of ride was actually envisioned for Jurassic Park. It was going to be called Helicoptours......

Funny you should mention that. I almost posted the other day that while listening to Welcome to Jurassic Park (my favorite song on the movie soundtrack), the music creates the image of just that kind of ride for me, along with some other ideas.

It's so strange to think that where Hogwarts sits could've been another Jurassic Park attraction lol. I remember someone said the River Adventure was originally planned for the Studios where MIB currently is. Very strange.

It definitely would have been a much different feel in USF if Jurassic Park was there. However it would have tied in well with King Kong. Definitely like where it's situated now, however. I like being able to see it across the lagoon from Port of Entry

Possible storyline description from Park Rumors Forum

"Heading up and out you will find yourself at the entrance to Helicoptours, where Hogwarts stands today. After a queue filled with heliport and aviation style theme you find yourself boarding a strange hanging seat "helicopter." (The ride system was that of Soarin'. Universal had the exclusive rights at the time.)..."

Uh... what? Have these people even been or Soarin or understand the technology behind it? I call BS on this...

Uh... what? Have these people even been or Soarin or understand the technology behind it? I call BS on this...

I want to know how Universal got the rights to a WDI design. It was manufactured by Dynamic Structures, but designed by WDI. And idk when these plans originate from, but since Soarin' opened in 2001 in California it had to have been conceived some time in 1998 at least, maybe earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.