Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of the mummies show building fits in there. Plus more land can be used elsewhere. The dark ride could take over trik and the coaster could co behind Thunder Falls Terrace.
The coaster would take over "trike", and come all the way out near the walkway. The dark ride would run in a narrow portion along the back near Bluto's show building. The hot dog stand would be removed and the entrance to the new area would be there. And the new food and retail would be between the flyers and the new coaster. Just speculation on my part based on what
I have heard was Blue Skyed for the project. Remember this is all "rumor" at this point.

All the real inside info I have heard is a major expansion including 2 attractions and expanded F&B and Retail going where "Trike" is, and Gravity Group is involved concerning a "Family Coaster". And that Camp Jurassic was going to be expanded into new project area. Rumor was Amber Mine Coaster and Dark Ride were Blue Skyed for this project. I saw with my own 2 eyes GCI being toured around the area and then heard Gravity Group was contacted recently, which sort of confirms the coaster idea whether Amber mine or other "family coaster". That literally is where I stand. HTF has heard similar.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Gotta love Universal Orlando! They are not messing around! And im pumped they decided to give Jurassic Park the attention it deserves. Even though the amber mine coaster is gonna be family oriented i sure hope its thrill factor is atleast gonna be along the lines of a Thunder Railroad from WDW! pleassee no hipogriff type coasterrr. Oh and btw im just gonna go out on a limb and say that Diagon Alley will be ready a little bit after the summer of 2014 becasue Universal is moving really quick with these attractions.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Gotta love Universal Orlando! They are not messing around! And im pumped they decided to give Jurassic Park the attention it deserves. Even though the amber mine coaster is gonna be family oriented i sure hope its thrill factor is atleast gonna be along the lines of a Thunder Railroad from WDW! pleassee no hipogriff type coasterrr. Oh and btw im just gonna go out on a limb and say that Diagon Alley will be ready a little bit after the summer of 2014 becasue Universal is moving really quick with these attractions.

I'm guessing it will be as intense as Seven Dwarfs or BTMR. As far as Diagon Alley, soft opening are supposed to be in December 2014.

I'd like to see something like Big Grizzly Mountain...probably without the launch, although a launched woodie would be a nice touch.

I'm really interested in these dining and shopping opportunities. I'm guessing there won't be Brontosaurus Burgers :lol:

Are we looking at the same thing? Maybe...MAYBE one Transformers building but even that seems like a stretch when you consider the queue line and need for extra pathways to control foot traffic...not to mention it is supposed to share space with the new rumored dark ride. I think there might be a little bit of exaggeration regarding how much room is there...definitely doesn't look like enough for a roller coaster thats for sure.
It's roughly the size of Dwarf Coaster

sdmtjpcomparison.png

I'd like to see something like Big Grizzly Mountain...probably without the launch, although a launched woodie would be a nice touch.

I'm really interested in these dining and shopping opportunities. I'm guessing there won't be Brontosaurus Burgers :lol:
They already have Burger Digs in the Discovery Center and Ribs at Thunder Falls. My guess given the tight space, it will be food stands selling Turkey Legs, hot dogs, pretzels and such. But i wouldn't count out Pork Shanks or other types of "walk around" specialty food items.

I wonder what they are going to incorporate in the amber mine coaster that stands out. Like maybe the coaster goes backwards at one point or maybe there is a track freefall like Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? This could be a great chance to do something like that in this attraction so it stands out.

I wonder what they are going to incorporate in the amber mine coaster that stands out. Like maybe the coaster goes backwards at one point or maybe there is a track freefall like Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? This could be a great chance to do something like that in this attraction so it stands out.

Well, ROTM is known for its backward segments and Gringotts very well could have its own track freefall or at least a very similar effect. I don't think the coaster needs a gimmick. It just needs to be done well, and they need to do any show scenes and AAs very well. Keep the same level of detail going.

I'm hoping for something like Wooden Warrior for the Amber Mine woodie. (with theming of course)

[video=youtube_share;oRH3dzmgMUg]http://youtu.be/oRH3dzmgMUg[/video]

Well, ROTM is known for its backward segments and Gringotts very well could have its own track freefall or at least a very similar effect. I don't think the coaster needs a gimmick. It just needs to be done well, and they need to do any show scenes and AAs very well. Keep the same level of detail going.
True but for me i still hope it has the thrill factor of a Thunder Mountain or if its more on the line of Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster i hope that has a similar thrill to Thunder Mountain itself.

Does anybody know what the supposed storyline for the rumored Jurassic Park amber mine coaster would be? Is there a storyline? I know it hasn't been confirmed yet but I was just wondering if this was being designed as more of a kiddie style ride or something with some solid theming/storyline? (my apologies if this has been answered already) I am grateful that Jurassic Park is getting some sort of new addition in the near future and couldn't be more excited. :dance:Could Hatetofly or Disneyhead maybe shed some light on this?

I wonder if it will be along the lines of Coastersaurus at Legoland as far as intensity. Riders must be at least 36" and have an adult with them to ride. Seems like that's the demo Universal may be aiming for.

[video=youtube_share;qGm6-ZVUzmw]http://youtu.be/qGm6-ZVUzmw[/video]

It's roughly the size of Dwarf Coaster

sdmtjpcomparison.png

Right, but this proposed expansion would be New Fantasyland...I'm not trying to be negative here, but let's not get our hopes up too high, especially when nothing has been confirmed. I mean JPRA is such a bottleneck entrance already, just imagine the large infrastructure of paths they'd have to construct just to make crowds manageable. Then coupled with the new food stands, kitchen to serve these food stands, dark ride, inevitable gift shops, bathrooms, queue lines, exits, and theming elements for the roller coaster including the coaster itself, you're gonna need a plot of land bigger than the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster.

Right, but this proposed expansion would be New Fantasyland...I'm not trying to be negative here, but let's not get our hopes up too high, especially when nothing has been confirmed. I mean JPRA is such a bottleneck entrance already, just imagine the large infrastructure of paths they'd have to construct just to make crowds manageable. Then coupled with the new food stands, kitchen to serve these food stands, dark ride, inevitable gift shops, bathrooms, queue lines, exits, and theming elements for the roller coaster including the coaster itself, you're gonna need a plot of land bigger than the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster.

I don't want to have another size argument since TF pretty much proved it can be done, however I do agree that we should temper expectations. Remember, Hate's article is all information he's been told and is speculation until it is confirmed. Plans always change, and original plans can always be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.