Springfield Expansion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is anything happening to the retaining wall against the water? Rebuilt completely like the London side, or even re-themed?

Hopefully they'll take out that old red border on the wall, which looks very dated.

Isn't it brand new for Cinespec lasers? I have hated the design since day one. Flat rectangular single colored panels would look better than the lame sine waves.

I believe they will do something like they did in NY. Leave the base and build a new wall on top of it. And yes, those panels have to go.

Isn't it brand new for Cinespec lasers? I have hated the design since day one. Flat rectangular single colored panels would look better than the lame sine waves.

It doesn't look brand new :shrug: I does look ugly as sin...
They could leave the metal railing, but they have to lose the wavy-design border, which apart from being dated and ugly, just doesn't fit the new Springfield look.

I believe they will do something like they did in NY. Leave the base and build a new wall on top of it. And yes, those panels have to go.

That took them quite a bit, just for that section... but that palette would fit nicely on the Springfield waterfront.

Like Bob said, my hope was that the panels were an immediate temporary fix, with a new wall to follow themed to Simpsons/Duff Gardens.

Phewwwwww.

You got anything else on the spinner?

What else can I say? :lol:

Is anything happening to the retaining wall against the water? Rebuilt completely like the London side, or even re-themed?

Re themed but nothing anywhere near the level of London.

Temp fix for lasers, and now even more lasers are coming.

Like Bob said, my hope was that the panels were an immediate temporary fix, with a new wall to follow themed to Simpsons/Duff Gardens.

The area will look nice once the temp stuff goes. It will be an area you want to visit each time your there :thumbs:

Awesome, thanks, I really need a Lagoon watering hole now with Amity gone. The last few Happy Hours haven't been the same. It is great to hear that this is moving forward as you described.

Awesome, thanks, I really need a Lagoon watering hole now with Amity gone. The last few Happy Hours haven't been the same. It is great to hear that this is moving forward as you described.

Chez Alcatraz is one of my faves

Reactions: Mike
How many friggin lasers do they need? Who in UC/entertainment sits around and says, "I think the show needs 5 more $50K lasers..."?

Not sure but apparently even more Cinespec upgrades are on the way even after the lasers!

Chez Alcatraz is one of my faves

I tried it at HHN and I couldn't grab a spot, I tried it again in December and it was dead. I liked Amity because it always had a active vibe, and you could grab a high-top table near the concession looking at lagoon. I hope Duff Gardens is a lot like that, or even better.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will try Chez Alcatraz out this weekend. Shark's Bite, right?

I agree, lasers were a great component to the show. I love hearing that it will be getting upgrades. IMO, it is really underrated. Having seen past attempts, this one is a winner. Great film library for now, and I like that the show platform allows them to keep bringing fresh concepts to the presentation.

I agree, lasers were a great component to the show. I love hearing that it will be getting upgrades. IMO, it is really underrated. Having seen past attempts, this one is a winner. Great film library for now, and I like that the show platform allows them to keep bringing fresh concepts to the presentation.

Maybe underrated by Disney nuts but the show and parade are scoring VERY high in guest feedback.

I was shocked with how much fireworks was involved in that show. I was leaving the park when it was closing on a slow day/night and it really caught me off guard how good the show was.

Last edited:
I could have sworn there was a law against flaming alcoholic beverages in the state. Not that I wouldn't love one. Maybe someone can confirm or deny who is more knowledgeable on drink laws.
You'd think Jim Hill would realize there are things we can look up and verify for ourselves.

I could have sworn there was a law against flaming alcoholic beverages in the state. Not that I wouldn't love one. Maybe someone can confirm or deny who is more knowledgeable on drink laws.

There are ways to get around that. Serve it in a glowing glass or something. The drink is more important than the actual flames.:lol:

Maybe underrated by Disney nuts but the show and parade are scoring VERY high in guest feedback.

I meant underrated as a way to say that it doesn't get enough attention online as a can't miss-gotta see. I've actually heard the "Disney Nuts" say that it is overrated. I think it plays well to the limitation of reduced pyro. Perfect amount of pyro to compliment rather than compete with the overall show.

To go back to Simpsons, is there a chance that the show will be mixed up soon to reflect the changes in the park like Simpsons? Or is a park-based show more meant for IOA? Don't get me wrong, I like that Jaws, BTTF, ET, Monsters, Hitchcock, are represented currently.

Last edited:
The parade is scoring high? That's good news for me, since parades keep guests away from the rides for a good 10-20 minutes :skellington:

That too. That parade impressed the h3ll out of me. Really well done, would like to see them replace Hop with something, but the floats were great. Really got a kick out of Victor, err, Vector.

-Sorry for double post-