Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No express but still early entry to the Parks which will be big for visitors. Loving the sound of this hotel!

Don't think i've seen this mentioned here yet. According to the website the hotel will open in two phases, with the family suites opening 3/31/14 and the standard rooms opening 7/1/14.

I may shift a lot of my out of park spending and time to hanging out at Cabana Bay! :lol:

Between the bowling alley, themeing, and likely period food venues (I love love LOVE old style diners/drive-ins like this), I'll be in 50s heaven!

I may shift a lot of my out of park spending and time to hanging out at Cabana Bay! :lol:

Between the bowling alley, themeing, and likely period food venues (I love love LOVE old style diners/drive-ins like this), I'll be in 50s heaven!

And its extremly affordable to families like mine and within the pricing of Disney's values. Im looking forward to staying here.

New concept art:

ibwYaSzRxK6HeL.jpg

ibb6SmSTSatbCt.jpg

ib0FeB5EtZIJ8H.jpg

Last edited:
Who ever did the concept art must live in South Florida. The two red trees are Royal Poincianas, and they cannot easily be grown in Central Florida. I have never witnessed WDW or Universal attempting them as it just gets too cold in the winter.

With those good prices, I might consider splitting my vacation between Cabana & Portofino. I'd still have Express for half of the vacation, get to try a new lazy river & eateries, and save some money on the deal. Sounds good.

This new artwork looks great. But don't get too excited about the "Ten Lane Bowling Alley" just yet. It could one of those mini bowling alleys like the ones they have at Great Wolf Lodge: http://blog.greatwolf.com/blog/tales-from-the-den/ten-paw-alley-is-a-hit

Or, it could be a real official-sized 10 lane bowling alley....

I don't think a mini bowling alley would fit Universal's m.o., style, track record, or what this resort sets out to be. I think we're good, and this should be full-size bowling :thumbs:

Good luck to all the Universal Employees who have to explain to tourists that the Cabana Bay BEACH Resort is not actually located on a beach. Obviously, Orlando is landlocked, but you'd be surprised. I think the "beach" word will cause a lot of confusion.