Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand how the bridge is a bad thing. Whether you build it or not, you will undoubtedly have those that prefer to walk to the park. So rather than have them risk safety issues crossing that road, it allows a much safer option for walking to the path into City Walk.

From Saturday . . .

CabanaBayBeachResort-053.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-054.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-055.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-056.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-057.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-058.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-059.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-060.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-061.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-062.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-063.jpg

CabanaBayBeachResort-064.jpg

Don't know if anyone else has seen this on https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/On-site-Hotels-How-to-Book.aspx

Opening in 2014 - Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Head to an endless summer of family fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family Suites (Moderate)
There's plenty of space for the whole family in our Family Suites that sleep six and include a kitchenette.
From $131 per night† when you stay 7 nights. From
$131
per night†

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Rooms (Value)
Standard Rooms sleep four and are a great place to shift your vacation into relaxation.
From $90 per night† when you stay 7 nights. From
$90
per night†

Stay in the heart of all the excitement at one of four magnificently themed on-site hotels including Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, scheduled to open in 2014. Guests staying on-site enjoy exclusive benefits not available anywhere else!
Take the complimentary water taxis along picturesque waterways or ride the shuttle bus directly to both theme parks and Universal CityWalk®.
Priority seating at select restaurants throughout both theme parks and enjoy first available seating at select Universal Orlando and CityWalk restaurants.

DELUXE HOTEL BENEFITS INCLUDE
FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited ride access* to SKIP THE REGULAR LINES in both theme parks (valid theme park admission required)

Included when you stay at
•Loews Royal Pacific Resort
•Hard Rock Hotel®
•Loews Portofino Bay Hotel

ALL HOTELS INCLUDE
Guests of ALL on-site hotels enjoy Early Park Admission^ to Universal’s Islands of Adventure® one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required).

Included when you stay at
•Loews Royal Pacific Resort
•Hard Rock Hotel®
•Loews Portofino Bay Hotel

So it seems clear that only Deluxe resort guests will get express pass, but what isn't exactly clear is whether CBBR guests will get early entry. But I assume they just forgot to add Cabana Bay Beach resort to the list of "All Hotels"?

Anyway, $131 and $90 a night aint bad!

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Notice the phrasing on that though: "When you stay 7 nights". The price will likely be higher if you don't stay said 7-nights at CBBR.

Still those are really enticing prices, even if you bus down to WDW for 4 days of your stay.

So, they aren't seeming to need a tower crane(s) for this project. Is this because of all the open space they have to re-position them?

Agree. It will probably more like $149 (Moderate) and $119 (Value) per night for stays of 3 or 4 nights.

Still very reasonable, and about $60-$90 less per night than a "Deluxe".

This is bad news for the "partner" hotels. Maybe the grand UO plan is to put the partner hotels out of buisness, buy them up, and continue to EXPAND!!!

Also, anyone else think it's interesting that they are using the terms "Moderate" & "Value" to describe these new rooms?

The walk from CBBR to Citywalk will definitely be further than the walk from RPR to Citywalk.

No it is the same, check it out on google earth using the measuring tool it is 6/10ths of a mile for both hotels to the oposite ends of city walk and 3/4 a mile to the center of city walk

No it is the same, check it out on google earth using the measuring tool it is 6/10ths of a mile for both hotels to the oposite ends of city walk and 3/4 a mile to the center of city walk[ /QUOTE]

To me it looks like about 2500 feet from the corner of Adventure & Hollywood (which I guess is about where the proposed Cabana Bay bridge will go?) to the Margaritaville end of City Walk. Let's call that half a mile.

And I've done the the walk from the RPR pool gate to Citywalk a bunch of times. It has to be less than 1/4 mile.

Am I wrong?

So I did a little bit of math, and if they continue their pricing proportionally, as they do now...

During the value season, when a night costs:
$224 at the RPR ($157 per night, for 7 nights)
$254 at the HRH ($178 per night, for 7 nights)
$279 at the PBH ($196 per night, for 7 nights)

It should be:
$128 at the CBBR Standard Room - Value ($90 per night, for 7 nights)
$187 at the CBBR Family Suites - Moderate ($131 per night, for 7 nights)

(You can try to figure out the other seasonal rates using simple cross multiplication, going by the existing rates in this chart)

So I did a little bit of math, and if they continue their pricing proportionally, as they do now...

During the value season, when a night costs:
$224 at the RPR ($157 per night, for 7 nights)
$254 at the HRH ($178 per night, for 7 nights)
$279 at the PBH ($196 per night, for 7 nights)

It should be:
$128 at the CBBR Standard Room - Value ($90 per night, for 7 nights)
$187 at the CBBR Family Suites - Moderate ($131 per night, for 7 nights)

(You can try to figure out the other seasonal rates using simple cross multiplication, going by the existing rates in this chart)

You can book this hotel now for dates starting April 2014 for suites and July 2014 for standard rooms. http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booki...=07/04/2014&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=1&nk=0

The economics of the situation will prevent that. The Hotel Express is too high of a value, especially if an entire family checks in, than the offsetting Cabana room prices. It would also probably bleed customers from the three higher priced deluxe hotels, cutting into their room occupancy rates. Quite a few people book those rooms primarily for the Hotel Express passes.

You can book this hotel now for dates starting April 2014 for suites and July 2014 for standard rooms. http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booki...=07/04/2014&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=1&nk=0

Oh! Cool find! I was too lazy to keep checking month by month to see if it was possible :p This also gives us a preliminary opening time frame.

By the way, I checked and the low season sees prices as low as $119 (+Tax)! That's not bad, at all! For the type of resort it will be, that's very competitive pricing, even without express and boats... :thumbs:

The economics of the situation will prevent that. The Hotel Express is too high of a value, especially if an entire family checks in, than the offsetting Cabana room prices. It would also probably bleed customers from the three higher priced deluxe hotels, cutting into their room occupancy rates. Quite a few people book those rooms primarily for the Hotel Express passes.

Side note, sort of related: Keep in mind, when booking on the existing three (premium?) resorts, the price will go up by $25 (+Tax) per night, for the third, fourth, etc. person in the room. Still very much worth it, and beats buying Express separately.

For the CBBR, the price goes up $10 (+Tax) per night, for the third and fourth people. This is comparable to other hotels in the area. When you try to book for 5, it jumps to the suites.