Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 364 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I mean c'mon Universal, those military coverings would work well here!

This is what I'm talking about
2x3m-woodlands-bush-camouflage-net-hunting-Camping-Military-Camo-swimming-pool-shader-Cover.jpg

^ Green is Universal. All new attractions are likely to not have any real fire effects. Mummy was the last.

The fire effects aren't green, cost a significant amount to run, have caused reliability issues in the past, and most importantly make the safety people very uncomfortable.

A bit late in the game, but Universal filed something with SFWMD for a building related to Project 609 to be located between Mel's and Shrek (where the Transformers characters currently get ready for m&g's.)

http://parkrumors.com/transformers-meet-and-greet-energon/

I've heard quite a bit of talk about a new structure for a changing room for them (instead of the tent they have now) that would go in that exact location. Who knows, it could have been expanded to also enclose the M&G as well.

They won't even let you stand 20 ft off to the side of the fence. I understand protecting the costumes and actors but it seems a little excessive.

It's excessive because the actors can't see well. So they want to be able to do the poses without hitting the guest standing in front of them.

God I hope the switchbacks get covering or that will be hell in July.

Yea.... about that.

Remember that a lot of Spidey's extended queue is not covered. Only the loading docks.

Also all of the HPFJ Forest and Garden queue is uncovered.

Not saying its a good idea, but its not inconsistent.

Exactly

Overall, the entire overflow queue looks very out of place and odd. I think its the trees that really throw me off. And the fact that the overflow queue isn't walled off, but just out in the open. Maybe its just the trees.

Overall, the entire overflow queue looks very out of place and odd. I think its the trees that really throw me off. And the fact that the overflow queue isn't walled off, but just out in the open. Maybe its just the trees.

Yes it looks like a literal holding pen to heard the sheep

The fire effects aren't green, cost a significant amount to run, have caused reliability issues in the past, and most importantly make the safety people very uncomfortable.

And that is what I said... that the fire effects aren't green. I can clarify it by saying that the fossil fuel Natural Gas/Propane fire effects aren't green if that makes you happy. My point was, there will be no more Natural Gas/Propane fire effects. Not sure how you misread my statements.

Remember that a lot of Spidey's extended queue is not covered. Only the loading docks.

Also all of the HPFJ Forest and Garden queue is uncovered.

Not saying its a good idea, but its not inconsistent.

Covered and "shaded" are two different things. Most of those are still in the shade. This is literally right in the middle of a concrete wasteland.

I wonder once this opens if hotel guests will be able to get early access to it like they can for harry potter and the forbiden journey.

Haha the out door queue does look weird because how distance it looks from the building or its because its just strictly random lol

Looks deathly. i like.

I wish they would have done something like Shrek. The queue is very visible in Shrek, but still looks distanced and is well shaded.